• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

bestdressed/ ashley

4790 posts in this topic

Posted

Imagine your mom seeing videos of you talking about blowjobs and masturbation. As open as some parents can be, I don’t think most would like to see their daughter exposing themselves like that on the internet, i know that my parents wouldn’t. 

If her mom had found the channel a month or so ago then she might understand her job better and have more confidence in Ashley's choice. But the last five videos put together paint a sad picture that's hard to look at. Of course I'm judging by the video titles. No idea about the actual quality of the video.

Imagine having your youngest child all the way across the country from you. You don't really know anything about them, especially since they pay for their own things now. Then you discover their YouTube channels. And the last videos for the last month are: her repeating the same sentence over and over for 4min while looking like she's going to cry, her hanging out with high schoolers, her congratulating herself for cleaning up after herself, her blabbing to 1mil people how insecure she feels, and her bragging to 1.5mil people about bj's.

Posted (edited)

If her mom had found the channel a month or so ago then she might understand her job better and have more confidence in Ashley's choice. But the last five videos put together paint a sad picture that's hard to look at. Of course I'm judging by the video titles. No idea about the actual quality of the video.

Imagine having your youngest child all the way across the country from you. You don't really know anything about them, especially since they pay for their own things now. Then you discover their YouTube channels. And the last videos for the last month are: her repeating the same sentence over and over for 4min while looking like she's going to cry, her hanging out with high schoolers, her congratulating herself for cleaning up after herself, her blabbing to 1mil people how insecure she feels, and her bragging to 1.5mil people about bj's.

I think that one of the reasons as to why Ashley felt courageous enough to post such sexual videos in her channels is because she had the relief of knowing her parents didn't know about it. If they did, I doubt she would have had the gall to be so unnecessarily sexual in her videos and just so generally cringe. You always hear youtubers saying something like "i can't say or do this thing because my mom will be watching". If you are a youtuber i think its normal for your family to watch your videos, except for the channels that are mainly about sex. Most youtubers, even the ones who are very liberal, are careful about what they say because they know their mom and dad is watching lol. Family is what keeps you grounded, who knew???

I think she always knew  that her parents would eventually find out but she kept the thought hidden in the back of her mind, which made her delay more and more telling her parents about it. Its kind of sad if you think about it. Why would you keep something as big as having a successful youtube channel from your parents? I can only think of two reasons: 1) She is ashamed of some of her content and the things she says or does 2) She has a very bad and/or distant relationship with her parents. I know she has alluded to being a bit embarrassed of telling her parents she makes money from youtube, supposedly because they might think youtubers are dumb or something, but i doubt that's the true reason. Even if they did think youtube was a stupid thing and a waste of her potential, once they saw the views she gets, and more importantly, the money she earns, I don't think they would mind so much lol.  If anything, they would then be very proud that their daughter built a business pretty much on her own and that she can sustain herself. So the only logical reason then as to why she didn't tell them is because she is embarrassed of her content. So much for being a "proud" and "authentic" woman.... Are you really authentic if your parents have no idea what you do for a living? She prefers telling strangers about her fears, insecurities, and relationship issues but she couldn't even tell her parents she makes fashion videos. Seems a bit ironic and strange if you ask me...

Hello, long time lurker here - so, I'm SOOO OVER Ashley. I used to love her fashion and outfits videos but she makes fewer and fewer of those plus the today's video sucks so much :/ 

Can you recommend some other cool youtubers with good fashion sense???

I used to love Heyclaire but she went downward spiral a long time ago, then I got interested by Audrie Storme but she's started doing only sponsored videos with freebies made in China, and now Ashley is out too, meh. I need some fashion inspiration so please - give me something :)

I don't know specifically what kind of fashion you're into but i really like Gemary as well as Dearly Bethany. They actually give good fashion advice and focus on ethical fashion unlike our fake queen of sustainability. I've mentioned these channels before but I truly like them and they have, in my opinion, very good style and fashion sense. I would advice you to look into smaller channels. Its sad but once people start getting even a bit of success on youtube, their content starts relying on easy money grabs and too much sponsorships.  Tasha Leelyn is also a good channel. 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

I finally watched that creepy af video of her repeating herself over and over and what really gets me is that awkward too fast talking thing she does is ON PURPOSE. girl why???? It doesn't make you sound smart, it makes you sound two steps from a nervous breakdown... 

Posted

Her parents always knew about her channel in my opinion. Her sister would definitely have known, and some people from her high school or cousins or neighbors etc would have showed them at least something about Ashley's channel. I don't believe she can have millions of views and at the same time having her family be completely ignorant the whole time, like it sounds so unrealistic and phoney. Everything about this girl is just getting more and more phoney and its so transparent. 

If your child immediately after college could afford to buy nice apartments, high end designer clothes etc all the whilst being vague about what she does all day, I know I would immediately jump to the worst case scenario and be like omg she's a sugar baby. 

Also her jewellery line is not "affordable for everyone" like she keeps trying to remind us, because affordable is subjective.  30 foearrings (as ugly as those imo) is expensive. 

Posted

she just posted this on ig stories. maybe she is moving to nyc after all?

also, “perfection” is so different and varies person to person. clearly ashley’s perception of what perfect is is not what everybody else’s is, and it’s sad that she dedicates that energy towards something as pathetic as repeating the same overtly desperate joke over and over.

another thing - i read over at gg some stuff about her ingrained self-hatred for her asian side (which is also quite sad) and how she almost cried bc some tinder guy thought she was chinese. does anybody know where that was from? this girl is so stuck in a preadolescent/teenage insecurity that’s well behind her age. 

3B0F12DB-B5A6-4D0C-8D61-2AB4BA439046.png

Posted (edited)

Edited by champagneglass
Double posted!

Posted

I'm not a huge fan of her or anything but I'm worried about Ashley. She seems lonely and I hope she can get herself to a place where she feels able to take care of herself - she has a lot of great qualities and she deserves more than she gives herself :/

Posted

I really hope she moves to NYC. She always talks about how much she loved NYC and during her vlogs she always says how she likes to find brownstone buildings to pose in front of. It might give her content a fresh boost, and we'll get to stop seeing her "sexy toddler" aesthetic as she's called it before because it'll be too cold to wear skirts as short as she does. Not to mention she's mentioned having actual friends on the East coast. It's getting too sad seeing her lock herself in her apartment all the time.

Posted

I don't know specifically what kind of fashion you're into but i really like Gemary as well as Dearly Bethany. They actually give good fashion advice and focus on ethical fashion unlike our fake queen of sustainability. I've mentioned these channels before but I truly like them and they have, in my opinion, very good style and fashion sense. I would advice you to look into smaller channels. Its sad but once people start getting even a bit of success on youtube, their content starts relying on easy money grabs and too much sponsorships.  Tasha Leelyn is also a good channel. 

Thanks, I really like Tasha Leelyn <3 

Generally, I like bohemian and edgy/rocker chic style, nothing too sexy and kardashianesque :/ 

I would be grateful for more recommendations.

Posted (edited)

I really hope she moves to NYC. She always talks about how much she loved NYC and during her vlogs she always says how she likes to find brownstone buildings to pose in front of. It might give her content a fresh boost, and we'll get to stop seeing her "sexy toddler" aesthetic as she's called it before because it'll be too cold to wear skirts as short as she does. Not to mention she's mentioned having actual friends on the East coast. It's getting too sad seeing her lock herself in her apartment all the time.

Would moving to New York actually help her? I know that it’s closer to her hometown and maybe she has some old friends there but idk. I’ve never lived in New York so if anyone can add their own experience I would appreciate it but in my opinion it looks like a pretty lonely place, even more than LA. Big cities in general tend to be lonely despite being full of people. Regardless of where she lives, I think she would find some benefit in joining some type of group if that makes sense. You meet potential friends either through your job or through common hobbies or interests. She’s supposedly working on some film or something from what’s been said on this thread so maybe she’s already meeting new people. I’m just saying, moving to a different place hoping to start a new life is useless if you don’t change your old habits. A place can’t change you, you change yourself.

Her parents always knew about her channel in my opinion. Her sister would definitely have known, and some people from her high school or cousins or neighbors etc would have showed them at least something about Ashley's channel. I don't believe she can have millions of views and at the same time having her family be completely ignorant the whole time, like it sounds so unrealistic and phoney. Everything about this girl is just getting more and more phoney and its so transparent. 

If your child immediately after college could afford to buy nice apartments, high end designer clothes etc all the whilst being vague about what she does all day, I know I would immediately jump to the worst case scenario and be like omg she's a sugar baby. 

Also her jewellery line is not "affordable for everyone" like she keeps trying to remind us, because affordable is subjective.  30 foearrings (as ugly as those imo) is expensive. 

I also have my suspicions about whether her parents actually didn’t now about her channel but to be fair, a lot older people are not really into YouTube (or the internet in general). Even if you watch a lot of YouTube, it’s impossible to know of every big channel since now there’s so many channels with more than 1 million subscribers. As for her sister, it could be that her sister kept it a secret or maybe didn’t even know about it. Honestly, I don’t talk with any of my old friends from high school anymore, so if one of them had a very successful YouTube channel I would have no idea unless I specifically looked them up. 

As for her nice apartment, to my knowledge, Ashley has never mentioned her parents flying to visit her.  You might be surprised to know how many people are estranged from their parents or barely talk to them and act like it’s normal or cool these days. 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

Yes , but Ashley is not estranged from her parents. They came to her graduation and she does talk to them regularly. I'm of the opinion that its pretty difficult to keep big things under cover if you're plastered all over social media. 

Posted

Would moving to New York actually help her? I know that it’s closer to her hometown and maybe she has some old friends there but idk. I’ve never lived in New York so if anyone can add their own experience I would appreciate it but in my opinion it looks like a pretty lonely place, even more than LA. Big cities in general tend to be lonely despite being full of people. Regardless of where she lives, I think she would find some benefit in joining some type of group if that makes sense. You meet potential friends either through your job or through common hobbies or interests. She’s supposedly working on some film or something from what’s been said on this thread so maybe she’s already meeting new people. I’m just saying, moving to a different place hoping to start a new life is useless if you don’t change your old habits. A place can’t change you, you change yourself.

I also have my suspicions about whether her parents actually didn’t now about her channel but to be fair, a lot older people are not really into YouTube (or the internet in general). Even if you watch a lot of YouTube, it’s impossible to know of every big channel since now there’s so many channels with more than 1 million subscribers. As for her sister, it could be that her sister kept it a secret or maybe didn’t even know about it. Honestly, I don’t talk with any of my old friends from high school anymore, so if one of them had a very successful YouTube channel I would have no idea unless I specifically looked them up. 

As for her nice apartment, to my knowledge, Ashley has never mentioned her parents flying to visit her.  You might be surprised to know how many people are estranged from their parents or barely talk to them and act like it’s normal or cool these days. 

I think it would help. It's a lot easier to hang out with friends you already have as opposed to trying to make new friends. Ashley's big thing is that she doesn't know how to make lasting friendships with people her age. I mean she was in an exclusive film program at UCLA and she made zero friends. Usually programs with less than 20 people tend to be tight-knit communities.

Posted (edited)

I think it would help. It's a lot easier to hang out with friends you already have as opposed to trying to make new friends. Ashley's big thing is that she doesn't know how to make lasting friendships with people her age. I mean she was in an exclusive film program at UCLA and she made zero friends. Usually programs with less than 20 people tend to be tight-knit communities.

It could help, but I think it may just keep things the same; it depends on the habits of her established friends. If they have busy lives, then they won’t have a lot of time for her. I’ve noticed that the creators that seem like they have it more together tend to be friends with fellow creators or people with disposable time (and possibly disposable family income). And I think the ones I’m more immediately thinking of are based in LA. I think the creators in NYC are more insulated. 

I also think that the scene might not really fit her; I could be wrong. NYC influencers seem more grown up compared to LA influencers. This might be difficult for her to keep up being relatable, especially given that she has to really work hard to stand out and keep making money.

Edited by andherflowers
typos all due to typing on a mobile!

Posted

Yes , but Ashley is not estranged from her parents. They came to her graduation and she does talk to them regularly. I'm of the opinion that its pretty difficult to keep big things under cover if you're plastered all over social media. 

did they stay in her apartment though? Or did they just go to her graduation, maybe went to have dinner somewhere, and went back to their hotel and Ashley to her apartment? I do see your point though. If this whole thing about keeping her channel a secret from her parents is actually a lie then it’s pretty shady and extremely inauthentic of her. It almost reminds me of a certain YouTuber, I don’t remember her name but she basically acted out a whole life on her channel but she was really just an actress and there was some company behind it. If Ashley is literally creating a character with an actual script (as we have seen), and certain plot points (“I’m just a relatable girl living a secret life!”)damn, that’s a bit disturbing if you ask me. It makes me wonder about what else has she made up. Is she even a feminist? Did she actually hookup as much as she implies she has? She has tried to minimize in her past just how wealthy she is, trying to make it look like she is just an underdog coming from a middle class family in a small suburban town. At this point it seems like she is trying to create a character that is not who she really is, which is scary and 100% bound to result in some trauma. 

Posted

Thanks, I really like Tasha Leelyn <3 

Generally, I like bohemian and edgy/rocker chic style, nothing too sexy and kardashianesque :/ 

I would be grateful for more recommendations.

you should check out kristen leo, i think you would enjoy her style and she only buys ethical fashion