• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

bestdressed/ ashley

5154 posts in this topic

Posted

overall, it wasn't a bad video. I stopped watching her videos with all those sex jokes and bad thrift flips she would never really use, but got curious with the latest video. 

she still forces a bit to be this quirky and relatable girl, but I feel she has a good heart and was trying to give good advices for people. specially related to nudes or age gaps in relationships, and even highlighting that if you're underage you shouldn't do it yadda yadda – it's common sense, I know, but I appreciate influencers and internet people making those statements, specially if they have a younger audience like ashley, who's wants to be seen as a cool big sister

I hope the breakup helps her to mature emotionally and, please!, that she can make some friends. 

Posted

Well i guess her "pillow talk" video which contains the three b's got her a little boost in subscribers. I personally am not feeling her talking video's - kinda like her styling / fashion related videos but her way of talking and presenting the whole thing. is just not for me. 

youtube_stats_bestdressed.thumb.png.920c

Posted

Ashley's new video!

She talks about feeling insecure without makeup, but honestly, I thought she looked really cute without makeup in the beginning. She looks almost the same without it. I'd love to see her wear a lighter makeup look without all the highlighting, 2 kinds of blush, and so on. 

I like her more and more after her splitting up with David. She seems less forced now and more laid back. 

I think I've realized what I don't like about her sex comments. There are some Youtubers who can talk about sex and make it seem really natural/funny. But when Ashley talks about sex, she doesn't seem like she's being natural, she feels forced. It feels like she's trying to convince the world that "I have Sex™ and I'm an Adult™" rather than just talking honestly with her audience. They always seem shoehorned in there at inappropriate moments.

Anyways I hope to keep see her growing as a person. While she has her own issues, I think I still find her to be a mostly honest and down to earth youtuber compared to some others who are ultra glamorous and perfect.  

Posted

Ashley's new video!

She talks about feeling insecure without makeup, but honestly, I thought she looked really cute without makeup in the beginning. She looks almost the same without it. I'd love to see her wear a lighter makeup look without all the highlighting, 2 kinds of blush, and so on. 

I like her more and more after her splitting up with David. She seems less forced now and more laid back. 

I think I've realized what I don't like about her sex comments. There are some Youtubers who can talk about sex and make it seem really natural/funny. But when Ashley talks about sex, she doesn't seem like she's being natural, she feels forced. It feels like she's trying to convince the world that "I have Sex™ and I'm an Adult™" rather than just talking honestly with her audience. They always seem shoehorned in there at inappropriate moments.

Anyways I hope to keep see her growing as a person. While she has her own issues, I think I still find her to be a mostly honest and down to earth youtuber compared to some others who are ultra glamorous and perfect.  

Yeah, that's how I felt when I came to the part where she talked about her groundbreaking trip. She really shoehorned the "getting beat by that..." joke. I paused the video because I had to do a double take. I don't find it empowering or 'feminist', if I'm going to be honest. 

It was, overall, a good video. I will say this about her, it's good that she's just an average girl talking about these things. I don't think she's ugly, but I do think she's average and that's definitely more relatable than the beauty gurus that try to be relatable but are near perfect. 

Posted (edited)

This video was like a better, fleshed-out version of the video she did with Refinery29 where she talks about her insecurities but in this one she's putting on the makeup rather than taking it off. It was pretty good, she addressed a lot of points people have criticized her for before. For example, the irony of her wanting to break free from the beauty standards sold by the industry while making her money from the same industry. I laughed when she stopped mid-sentence to think about that. There were some really relatable things that she talked about, like being afraid to show your bare face to a guy you're seeing, or feeling like you don't have your real face on whether or not you're wearing makeup. No idea if that last part was choreographed where she caught her gaze in her reflection and checked herself out reflexively (it really did look like a real reflex), but I thought that was just super real, and really punctuates the point she was trying to make that she wishes she could fight against the industry but has no answers on why she makes money out of it anyway.

I think she could have stopped putting on makeup halfway through though. I wonder what she looks like in real life that she would put on three blushes and highlighter on the inside corners of her eyes, and think it looks good. It gives that literal shine and sparkle that she has on camera, but I can't imagine it looks good in real life. On whether or not she's pretty or average, I think Ashley is pretty. She looks average when completely bare-faced (nearly all people do), but with just foundation and eyebrow gel on, she is already pretty. It certainly helps that she's skinny and puts effort in the way she dresses. I do think the amount of blush and highlighter she uses detracts from that though. The glossy look can so easily look greasy in certain angles.

Edited by likeisaid
missed a word

Posted

thoughts on her latest video?

i haven't been watching her videos lately, and even if i do i usually skip through it pretty quickly — this one was much more interesting and bearable imo, even though i did skip through a good amount of it like her superfluous woke white feminism speech (i could see where she was going and just wasn't up for it). if you pause when she shows her to-do list, some items that stuck out were a london trip (!) and en route jewelry. i'm just speculating here but maybe that's the brand she's collaborating with for her jewelry line? it looked like she was alluding to her earrings when she was gushing about her upcoming project, but i really hope those basic rose earrings aren't actually apart of her line. while it seemed like she's calmed down from what i've read about her previous videos, her 3 main personality traits aka "hi i'm ashley and i live in LA and i have SEX and i'm WOKE!" are still going strong. 

Posted

thoughts on her latest video?

i haven't been watching her videos lately, and even if i do i usually skip through it pretty quickly — this one was much more interesting and bearable imo, even though i did skip through a good amount of it like her superfluous woke white feminism speech (i could see where she was going and just wasn't up for it). if you pause when she shows her to-do list, some items that stuck out were a london trip (!) and en route jewelry. i'm just speculating here but maybe that's the brand she's collaborating with for her jewelry line? it looked like she was alluding to her earrings when she was gushing about her upcoming project, but i really hope those basic rose earrings aren't actually apart of her line. while it seemed like she's calmed down from what i've read about her previous videos, her 3 main personality traits aka "hi i'm ashley and i live in LA and i have SEX and i'm WOKE!" are still going strong. 

I had a really hard time getting through the video because of her SEX jokes/mentions but mainly because of how overly bubbly she is? Idk it's a bit Stepford Wives-y just how much she smiles and kind of lightly laughs and seems giddy all the time. Like anytime she stopped smiling, she would talk for one second then like smile/laugh again even while talking about normal or not happy stuff. I was rewatching her "how to edit your videos" video, and she just seemed so much less basic/common/giddy/sarcastic not your average girl-Youtuber. It just seems so forced now, and I think it has a lot to do with like her seeming to need to slip in jokes and relatability and then laugh/be awkward (like, did she used to dance so much? just so weird and seemed so forced to me...I know people who do that naturally but Ashley's felt different...just like something so many people online do to be relatable). Idk it just seems so damn fake to me, esp compared with how she used to be, with just some relatable jokes/awkwardness....now she's like a hyper teenager and I am like not amused by her at all....sadly (and like are your jokes THAT funny that you laugh at them like that?! She died over her joke that she narrates stuff in her head in Donkey's voice)

Also jesus she had so much freaking blush on and with her random rants/"existential thoughts" I once again say, Ashley for the love of god get a therapist or a friend these are not interesting enough things to be sharing with 2 million people I'm sorry

I think the more I watch her, the more she seems less authentic to me, and comes across as more forced and more of a persona than an actual person, even though I do think her filming style is nicer than many other Youtubers

Posted

1. The sex jokes, if you can call them jokes, put me off Ashley, I'm 29 not 13 and even though I've only dated 2 people and I personally don't engage in casual relationships I still like to make sex jokes but I keep the sex jokes between my mates and I.. 

2. Ashley the only person who thought you and that guy were perfect was YOU. When you were editing to what you thought romantic perfection is.. No one is that dumb, I'll even give 13 year olds the benefit of a doubt. You need to be honest with yourself about what you portray and why otherwise your portrayal of your life will lead you to have more insecurities 

3. Instead of being different to me, she's just like the rest now.. Ashley doesn't need all that make up (or the horrid jokes), but she does it anyway.. Clearly it's not because it makes her happy.. Constantly feeding yourself images of what you think you should be instead of looking at yourself as you are, perfectly fine I might add, is just weird to me.. What's wrong with being different, being yourself?

4. Please keep your future relationships private 

5. It's ok to talk about sex but like maybe watch when someone Hannah Witton is talking about topics like that.. Its really not for everyone.. 

Also people are afraid to show their bareface to someone they're dating?? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??

b9bbb1c7d54c679252c5a278ee3d6840ecc00650

A whole new world to me.. I'm seriously  more afraid to kiss someone lol

Posted

She just popped up on my recommended and I decided to watch her for a bit again then I got reminded of why I stopped watching her in the first place....

She's single again apparently?

Posted

Also people are afraid to show their bareface to someone they're dating?? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??

b9bbb1c7d54c679252c5a278ee3d6840ecc00650

A whole new world to me.. I'm seriously  more afraid to kiss someone lol

I don't see how that's surprising, in this day and age. Many people prioritize their appearance, and hide behind makeup.

Posted

I don't see how that's surprising, in this day and age. Many people prioritize their appearance, and hide behind makeup.

"many" hmmm.. Many where? Online? Around you? Irl I don't know that many people who wake up at 6am to wear heaps of make up everyday to seat at a desk or go on set for hours (I work in advertising) .. People look nice (to me) and presentable in daily life but not by unrealistic YT standards.. 

Posted

"many" hmmm.. Many where? Online? Around you? Irl I don't know that many people who wake up at 6am to wear heaps of make up everyday to seat at a desk or go on set for hours (I work in advertising) .. People look nice (to me) and presentable in daily life but not by unrealistic YT standards.. 

As a girl in her 20s with many friends my age, I can tell you it is common. I never did a full beat face in the morning, but covering some pimples and blotting my face? Hell yeah, and so did many of my friends

Posted

I have a big issue with all of her sex talk because it puts a lot of the spotlight on her ex-boyfriend. If she's had a lot of relationship experience or has hooked up with lots of guys, that's one thing. But she's only had one serious, long-term boyfriend and it puts him in a weird spot having his ex-girlfriend talk about sex online, especially when her audience knows that the bulk of her sexual experience came from him.

Also I remember how she stated in one of her older videos "I have inverted nipples, comment down below if you're an inverted nipple sister!"

Call me a bitch but Jesus Christ, Ashley. Chill.

Posted

I have a big issue with all of her sex talk because it puts a lot of the spotlight on her ex-boyfriend. If she's had a lot of relationship experience or has hooked up with lots of guys, that's one thing. But she's only had one serious, long-term boyfriend and it puts him in a weird spot having his ex-girlfriend talk about sex online, especially when her audience knows that the bulk of her sexual experience came from him.

Also I remember how she stated in one of her older videos "I have inverted nipples, comment down below if you're an inverted nipple sister!"

Call me a bitch but Jesus Christ, Ashley. Chill.

Its like she's that weird kid in high school we all knew that would try so hard to be quirky, funny, and liked that she just ended up being so cringy and no one wanted to hang out with her. My god i don't want to know if your nipples are inverted that's the weirdest thing to point out. She really is that kid that doesn't know when to stop. Omg, I don't want to picture her nipples lmao, she sexualizes herself so much and she thinks that makes her a feminist or empowering. I really do think she has a problem with sex since it seems constantly talking about it makes her feel validated as a woman. Ashley, having sex doesn't make you a woman, being mature, and knowing how to respect yourself and your own body is what makes you a woman. 

IDK if this is just me but i feel like the reason she has lost perspective of what it is to be a normal person that doesn't talk about sex all the time is because she lives in LA. She started having sex once she moved there and then went on to become a youtuber. She was focused on school during high school and most likely had no time or interest in guys, so when she went to college, she became the typical case of shy girl turning promiscuous, only that she has no friends or family to guide her, only the internet, which has twisted her idea of what it means to be a young adult and successful woman. She thinks the rest of the world, or the country for that matter, want to hear about her inverted nipples and how she gives blowjobs. No one cares except inexperienced pre-teens and creeps.  I didn't even watch that video about blowjobs but aside from the obvious topic, i found it so inappropriate considering she has a really young audience. Is it really a good idea to promote blowjobs to a mostly pre-teen to teen audience? To be honest, that whole "big sister" thing she is trying to be creeps me out. I have no problem with sex and being open about it, but there is a time, place, and setting. She has a youtube channel based around fashion, why does she continue to incorporate the topic of sex around that? Makes no sense. If she really likes talking about it she should put it on her other channel. 

Posted

It's more along the lines that they believe they're ugly without makeup in general, rather than what you're describing.