• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

bestdressed/ ashley

1892 posts in this topic

Posted

FBCAF023-2E39-4247-B235-1C79BF2804C3.thuCan’t wait to see what the wise sage will bring forth when this video comes out!

Posted

Two things I love with Ashley is 1. Her legs (seriously she has really nice legs) 2. She’s pretty creative with her videos. Or at least was. Feel like lately her imagination isn’t there anymore but I can understand it’s hard to ALWAYS be creative. Plus her breakup might be getting to her. 

However she seems to be all over the place with emotions. I get you might be sad and all for certain parts of your life but she’s been really pushing the «I’m relatable because I cry on camera and tend to vent too much»...:/ just my two cents

Posted

Two things I love with Ashley is 1. Her legs (seriously she has really nice legs) 2. She’s pretty creative with her videos. Or at least was. Feel like lately her imagination isn’t there anymore but I can understand it’s hard to ALWAYS be creative. Plus her breakup might be getting to her. 

However she seems to be all over the place with emotions. I get you might be sad and all for certain parts of your life but she’s been really pushing the «I’m relatable because I cry on camera and tend to vent too much»...:/ just my two cents

I agree! I would like her more if she wasn't trying to act relatable. 

Posted (edited)

her new video is out!

https://youtu.be/U4mQQc2XUOk

She said she won't explain the details of her and David's break up, but later on in the video she answers a question about casual relationships and gave advice saying it's not like a romcom where even though the guy isn't looking for anything serious it just takes the right girl and he'll fall in love with her and change for her and real-life some people aren't going to want that and said it was based on her own experiences. Can't remember if people speculated it, but it sounds like maybe that might have been the source of why she and David ended up breaking up if def seems plausible thinking back to her past videos (bedroom makeover in particular).

Edited by belleq

Posted

her new video is out!

https://youtu.be/U4mQQc2XUOk

She said she won't explain the details of her and David's break up, but later on in the video she answers a question about casual relationships and gave advice saying it's not like a romcom where even though the guy isn't looking for anything serious it just takes the right girl and he'll fall in love with her and change for her and real-life some people aren't going to want that and said it was based on her own experiences. Can't remember if people speculated it, but it sounds like maybe that might have been the source of why she and David ended up breaking up if def seems plausible thinking back to her past videos (bedroom makeover in particular).

yeah it seems like she was talking about David while trying to make it seem like she wasn’t talking about David lol.

That kind of mentality that she described is unfortunately very common with insecure, desperate girls who put a low value man on a pedestal and think that they will be fixed with love from the right person. The reality is that you can’t change people, and no one can change you. You can try to change someone and guide them but at the end of the day, the choice to be a different person is no one else’s but yours. She again showed how much she needs to grow in regards to her emotional and social intelligence. This is more of of my speculation, but i think that another factor as to why her relationship with David didn’t work is because she was too needy and passive of David’s insults and uncaring attitude towards her. I know most people on this thread are painting Ashley at worst as a naive girl and David as the asshole (which he is, who tells their girlfriend she’s not attractive?), but Ashley’s attitude didn’t help either. Their relationship was bound to fail because both of them expected different things from each other and both are incredibly immature and flawed (Ashley talking about moving in with him even though they had been dating for a very short time, talking unnecessarily about their sex life, etc. David saying her ass is flat, she’s unattractive , belittling her channel, calling her “easy”). The day my boyfriend tells me he didn’t find me attractive, that my job is vapid, and that I’m easy would be the last day he was my boyfriend. A man goes as far as a woman lets him, and the same goes vice versa. Ashley needs to grow up and stop seeing the world through the idealistic, immature lens of “I’m going to find a broken man and fix him with love, and he will save me back”.  I hope she takes some time to reflect alone and doesn’t immediately go back to the dating world, and once she does, for the love of god don’t show him YouTube lol

Posted

I'll probably watch her video eventually but I feel kind of weirded out that she put "blowjobs" in the title lol.

It's not that I don't want women to be sex-positive or be able to speak out about it. It's great if Ashley enjoys sex like many young women. I just... don't really want to hear her intimate details. Even with my best girl friends we'll make little wink-wink-nudge-nudges about our boyfriends/hookups but usually we don't just talk outright about things like blowjobs. When I watch Ashley's channel I just view her as a fun classmate or gal pal and don't really want to hear about that stuff. 

Anyways, that's just my opinion! Maybe she has audience members who enjoy hearing about that stuff. Although I sort of get the feeling that a lot of her fans are younger than her and possibly not sexually active. Maybe these high schoolers like hearing naughty stories from their "older sister" figure. But personally I'm going to avoid her really sexualized videos. 

Posted

I mean I do think that sounds like Ashley was very naive and probably immature in romance, but I also find that wayyyyy too many people are in relationships and even marriages where they are convinced they can change the other person--in one FB group I'm in the women constantly complain about how their husbands don't do XYZ, and tbh my thought is like "well, you should have known this when you were dating so what did you expect when you were married???" or like they'll complain that their husbands said they wouldn't do something, but the women secretly thought they could change their mind and then get mad when the husband does what he had said (which honestly is fair--he TOLD you so no one to blame but your damn self imho). And I think men also fall victim to this mentality of hoping to change their partner (or hoping the relationship will change them). Unfortunately it's a narrative we're fed by the media and pop culture, but it's so so so unhealthy. If that's what her relationship was like, then it's no wonder it ended and much better for her--Ashley needs to be in a relationship where they each grow together and kind of raise each other up? Idk how to explain it well but it certainly was not whatever she had with David. Sad that she basically implied she thought she could get him to love her enough to not want to just be in a casual relationship (Ashley, find someone who finds you worthy from the beginning, you shouldn't need to prove your value to a man no matter how great you may think he is at first).

But yeah, a part of me kind of rolls my eyes at Ashley's naivete in regards to love despite it not being her first relationship, but after seeing so many married women and men possessing the same kind of foolishness/naivete/ignorance, I can't single out Ashley too much for having that kind of mindset.

Posted

if anything watching that video i felt bad when ashley was saying all she did was show the 'romantic' and lovey side of her and david's relationship like... they maybe had some cute moments but the majority of the time it never went through my mind that they were the 'perfect' couple if anything we all saw that their relationship seemed pretty immature and unhealthy

also this is her first 'long-term' relationship but it only lasted maybe year ? yeah ashley definitely has not had a lot of experience in relationships 

Posted (edited)

if anything watching that video i felt bad when ashley was saying all she did was show the 'romantic' and lovey side of her and david's relationship like... they maybe had some cute moments but the majority of the time it never went through my mind that they were the 'perfect' couple if anything we all saw that their relationship seemed pretty immature and unhealthy

also this is her first 'long-term' relationship but it only lasted maybe year ? yeah ashley definitely has not had a lot of experience in relationships 

Did it even last a year? I thought they only lasted a couple of months...

I was a bit taken aback on the video where they had a roadtrip when Ashley said that their relationship was not perfect and that she didn't want to paint it as the typical, "fake perfect" youtube couple. Literally no one thought that her relationship with David was perfect lol, if anything, we thought the opposite even in the few, curated, and edited clips that she thought showed best their relationship. Seems like the one that wanted to believe everything was perfect was her, even when attempting to be real and relatable, which is a strange contradiction. 

I have watched a lot of couples on youtube and even in the best couples, it never crosses my mind that their life and relationship is perfect. Only naive people would think that.  You have to constantly work to maintain a good relationship with someone, perfection is never guaranteed or handed out to you.

But yeah, a part of me kind of rolls my eyes at Ashley's naivete in regards to love despite it not being her first relationship, but after seeing so many married women and men possessing the same kind of foolishness/naivete/ignorance, I can't single out Ashley too much for having that kind of mindset.

I agree but just because so many people make the same mistakes it doesn't mean that you can't point out or make note of someone's failures. Comparing your oversights to someone else's oversights doesn't erase your mistakes. If many people are able to not be ignorant, the rest can do it too.  Foolishness has no age, you're right, but it shouldn't be that way. 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

overall, it wasn't a bad video. I stopped watching her videos with all those sex jokes and bad thrift flips she would never really use, but got curious with the latest video. 

she still forces a bit to be this quirky and relatable girl, but I feel she has a good heart and was trying to give good advices for people. specially related to nudes or age gaps in relationships, and even highlighting that if you're underage you shouldn't do it yadda yadda – it's common sense, I know, but I appreciate influencers and internet people making those statements, specially if they have a younger audience like ashley, who's wants to be seen as a cool big sister

I hope the breakup helps her to mature emotionally and, please!, that she can make some friends. 

Posted

Ashley's new video!

She talks about feeling insecure without makeup, but honestly, I thought she looked really cute without makeup in the beginning. She looks almost the same without it. I'd love to see her wear a lighter makeup look without all the highlighting, 2 kinds of blush, and so on. 

I like her more and more after her splitting up with David. She seems less forced now and more laid back. 

I think I've realized what I don't like about her sex comments. There are some Youtubers who can talk about sex and make it seem really natural/funny. But when Ashley talks about sex, she doesn't seem like she's being natural, she feels forced. It feels like she's trying to convince the world that "I have Sex™ and I'm an Adult™" rather than just talking honestly with her audience. They always seem shoehorned in there at inappropriate moments.

Anyways I hope to keep see her growing as a person. While she has her own issues, I think I still find her to be a mostly honest and down to earth youtuber compared to some others who are ultra glamorous and perfect.  

Posted

Ashley's new video!

She talks about feeling insecure without makeup, but honestly, I thought she looked really cute without makeup in the beginning. She looks almost the same without it. I'd love to see her wear a lighter makeup look without all the highlighting, 2 kinds of blush, and so on. 

I like her more and more after her splitting up with David. She seems less forced now and more laid back. 

I think I've realized what I don't like about her sex comments. There are some Youtubers who can talk about sex and make it seem really natural/funny. But when Ashley talks about sex, she doesn't seem like she's being natural, she feels forced. It feels like she's trying to convince the world that "I have Sex™ and I'm an Adult™" rather than just talking honestly with her audience. They always seem shoehorned in there at inappropriate moments.

Anyways I hope to keep see her growing as a person. While she has her own issues, I think I still find her to be a mostly honest and down to earth youtuber compared to some others who are ultra glamorous and perfect.  

Yeah, that's how I felt when I came to the part where she talked about her groundbreaking trip. She really shoehorned the "getting beat by that..." joke. I paused the video because I had to do a double take. I don't find it empowering or 'feminist', if I'm going to be honest. 

It was, overall, a good video. I will say this about her, it's good that she's just an average girl talking about these things. I don't think she's ugly, but I do think she's average and that's definitely more relatable than the beauty gurus that try to be relatable but are near perfect. 

Posted (edited)

This video was like a better, fleshed-out version of the video she did with Refinery29 where she talks about her insecurities but in this one she's putting on the makeup rather than taking it off. It was pretty good, she addressed a lot of points people have criticized her for before. For example, the irony of her wanting to break free from the beauty standards sold by the industry while making her money from the same industry. I laughed when she stopped mid-sentence to think about that. There were some really relatable things that she talked about, like being afraid to show your bare face to a guy you're seeing, or feeling like you don't have your real face on whether or not you're wearing makeup. No idea if that last part was choreographed where she caught her gaze in her reflection and checked herself out reflexively (it really did look like a real reflex), but I thought that was just super real, and really punctuates the point she was trying to make that she wishes she could fight against the industry but has no answers on why she makes money out of it anyway.

I think she could have stopped putting on makeup halfway through though. I wonder what she looks like in real life that she would put on three blushes and highlighter on the inside corners of her eyes, and think it looks good. It gives that literal shine and sparkle that she has on camera, but I can't imagine it looks good in real life. On whether or not she's pretty or average, I think Ashley is pretty. She looks average when completely bare-faced (nearly all people do), but with just foundation and eyebrow gel on, she is already pretty. It certainly helps that she's skinny and puts effort in the way she dresses. I do think the amount of blush and highlighter she uses detracts from that though. The glossy look can so easily look greasy in certain angles.

Edited by likeisaid
missed a word

Posted

thoughts on her latest video?

i haven't been watching her videos lately, and even if i do i usually skip through it pretty quickly — this one was much more interesting and bearable imo, even though i did skip through a good amount of it like her superfluous woke white feminism speech (i could see where she was going and just wasn't up for it). if you pause when she shows her to-do list, some items that stuck out were a london trip (!) and en route jewelry. i'm just speculating here but maybe that's the brand she's collaborating with for her jewelry line? it looked like she was alluding to her earrings when she was gushing about her upcoming project, but i really hope those basic rose earrings aren't actually apart of her line. while it seemed like she's calmed down from what i've read about her previous videos, her 3 main personality traits aka "hi i'm ashley and i live in LA and i have SEX and i'm WOKE!" are still going strong. 

Posted

thoughts on her latest video?

i haven't been watching her videos lately, and even if i do i usually skip through it pretty quickly — this one was much more interesting and bearable imo, even though i did skip through a good amount of it like her superfluous woke white feminism speech (i could see where she was going and just wasn't up for it). if you pause when she shows her to-do list, some items that stuck out were a london trip (!) and en route jewelry. i'm just speculating here but maybe that's the brand she's collaborating with for her jewelry line? it looked like she was alluding to her earrings when she was gushing about her upcoming project, but i really hope those basic rose earrings aren't actually apart of her line. while it seemed like she's calmed down from what i've read about her previous videos, her 3 main personality traits aka "hi i'm ashley and i live in LA and i have SEX and i'm WOKE!" are still going strong. 

I had a really hard time getting through the video because of her SEX jokes/mentions but mainly because of how overly bubbly she is? Idk it's a bit Stepford Wives-y just how much she smiles and kind of lightly laughs and seems giddy all the time. Like anytime she stopped smiling, she would talk for one second then like smile/laugh again even while talking about normal or not happy stuff. I was rewatching her "how to edit your videos" video, and she just seemed so much less basic/common/giddy/sarcastic not your average girl-Youtuber. It just seems so forced now, and I think it has a lot to do with like her seeming to need to slip in jokes and relatability and then laugh/be awkward (like, did she used to dance so much? just so weird and seemed so forced to me...I know people who do that naturally but Ashley's felt different...just like something so many people online do to be relatable). Idk it just seems so damn fake to me, esp compared with how she used to be, with just some relatable jokes/awkwardness....now she's like a hyper teenager and I am like not amused by her at all....sadly (and like are your jokes THAT funny that you laugh at them like that?! She died over her joke that she narrates stuff in her head in Donkey's voice)

Also jesus she had so much freaking blush on and with her random rants/"existential thoughts" I once again say, Ashley for the love of god get a therapist or a friend these are not interesting enough things to be sharing with 2 million people I'm sorry

I think the more I watch her, the more she seems less authentic to me, and comes across as more forced and more of a persona than an actual person, even though I do think her filming style is nicer than many other Youtubers