• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

bestdressed/ ashley

5154 posts in this topic

Posted

She recently posted a short video on her Instagram story of her hanging out with two photographers based in LA. Upcoming collab/networking or genuine friends???

Posted

In the "Thrifting a $7,000 Vintage Outfit," I can't help but feel Ashley is really out of place compared to the other 2 youtubers. 

In her own videos, her awkwardness/insecurity comes off as mildly charming/relatable, even if a little annoying sometimes. It's a personality that works well enough in casual, laid-back youtube vlogs whose main audience is high school/young college girls. 

But in a high-fashion video like this, I felt like her awkwardness made her stick out like a sore thumb. The 2 other women seem very well-spoken and confident in what they're doing. Ashley came off as kind of juvenile and nervous. I think it's her fast-talking, nervous habits like wringing her hands, self-doubt ("Youtube and Instagram is my full-time job, somehow.")

I think she is a very intelligent young lady, she just needs to grow her confidence a bit if she wants to fit in that glamorous world. But maybe she is just more comfortable with vlogs rather than a big magazine like this, which is understandable. 

Posted (edited)

In the "Thrifting a $7,000 Vintage Outfit," I can't help but feel Ashley is really out of place compared to the other 2 youtubers. 

In her own videos, her awkwardness/insecurity comes off as mildly charming/relatable, even if a little annoying sometimes. It's a personality that works well enough in casual, laid-back youtube vlogs whose main audience is high school/young college girls. 

But in a high-fashion video like this, I felt like her awkwardness made her stick out like a sore thumb. The 2 other women seem very well-spoken and confident in what they're doing. Ashley came off as kind of juvenile and nervous. I think it's her fast-talking, nervous habits like wringing her hands, self-doubt ("Youtube and Instagram is my full-time job, somehow.")

I think she is a very intelligent young lady, she just needs to grow her confidence a bit if she wants to fit in that glamorous world. But maybe she is just more comfortable with vlogs rather than a big magazine like this, which is understandable. 

Completely agree! I don't know if she has that awkward attitude on purpose or if its just natural but it looks very out of place in a magazine that is as professional and glamorous as Harpers Bazaar. Even Kelsey Simone, who was in that same video and is also a youtuber, was very confident and professional so its not just that Ashley is like that because she's just another awkward youtuber.  Kelsey is also a year younger than Ashley, which goes to show how behind Ashley is when it comes to having more social intelligence. You know something is wrong when someone younger than you, and on the same field as you,  is more professional, mature, and composed. There is a difference between being relatable and being completely awkward and juvenile. Her language and attitude in that video would fit better  in Seventeen , which is an actual juvenile magazine (and who are known for being weirdly sexual towards their teenage audience, which fits Ashley perfectly lol). 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

She recently posted a short video on her Instagram story of her hanging out with two photographers based in LA. Upcoming collab/networking or genuine friends???

I saw that too! I remember seeing those two in a Jessica Kobeissi video. I believe Ashley and Jerry did a shoot a couple of months ago. 

Posted

What bothers me  the most about her sustainability bullshit hypocrisy is not even that she continues to buy fast fashion while claiming she is ethical. What bothers me the most is that she can afford to buy sustainable brands, but for some reason she keeps buying cheaply made clothes and accessories from places like urban outfitters when urban outfitters is not even affordable. Girl is spending mad bucks on cheaply made clothes when she could spend that same amount of money, maybe a little more, on clothes that will actually last. But i guess buying from Reformation and by far is not as relatable or profitable to her teenage audience that can barely afford forever21. Every way i see this, she is blatantly and willfully hypocritical. 

I was so confused to see her wearing the 600 bucks boots. She always wore a lot of thrifting stuff and clothing i consider from the 'cheaper' brands so I thought she didn't have too much to spend. Today however I found out about this thread (because I saw in a comment that she broke up with David and wanted to look into it) and saw the bazaar video she featured in and was honestly so confused. If you like splurging on sustainable boots that are 600 dollars and thrifting so much why is she still spending money on the cheap and the unsustainable brands. 

Posted

FBCAF023-2E39-4247-B235-1C79BF2804C3.thuCan’t wait to see what the wise sage will bring forth when this video comes out!

Posted

This came up while I was looking at sustainable fashion videos. I have my thoughts on her segment, but I feel maybe it's too nitpicky. However, I can't believe she spent $600 on those boots. I understand that she said she splurges on items that need structural integrity but... they're ugly af! Just had to let that out on the internet.

For some reason, the fact that she doesn't use mascara (or very little) while having bold liner really irks me. She has never been good with makeup which is weird considering she's a fashion and beauty content creator. 

Posted

Two things I love with Ashley is 1. Her legs (seriously she has really nice legs) 2. She’s pretty creative with her videos. Or at least was. Feel like lately her imagination isn’t there anymore but I can understand it’s hard to ALWAYS be creative. Plus her breakup might be getting to her. 

However she seems to be all over the place with emotions. I get you might be sad and all for certain parts of your life but she’s been really pushing the «I’m relatable because I cry on camera and tend to vent too much»...:/ just my two cents

Posted

Two things I love with Ashley is 1. Her legs (seriously she has really nice legs) 2. She’s pretty creative with her videos. Or at least was. Feel like lately her imagination isn’t there anymore but I can understand it’s hard to ALWAYS be creative. Plus her breakup might be getting to her. 

However she seems to be all over the place with emotions. I get you might be sad and all for certain parts of your life but she’s been really pushing the «I’m relatable because I cry on camera and tend to vent too much»...:/ just my two cents

I agree! I would like her more if she wasn't trying to act relatable. 

Posted (edited)

her new video is out!

https://youtu.be/U4mQQc2XUOk

She said she won't explain the details of her and David's break up, but later on in the video she answers a question about casual relationships and gave advice saying it's not like a romcom where even though the guy isn't looking for anything serious it just takes the right girl and he'll fall in love with her and change for her and real-life some people aren't going to want that and said it was based on her own experiences. Can't remember if people speculated it, but it sounds like maybe that might have been the source of why she and David ended up breaking up if def seems plausible thinking back to her past videos (bedroom makeover in particular).

Edited by belleq

Posted

her new video is out!

https://youtu.be/U4mQQc2XUOk

She said she won't explain the details of her and David's break up, but later on in the video she answers a question about casual relationships and gave advice saying it's not like a romcom where even though the guy isn't looking for anything serious it just takes the right girl and he'll fall in love with her and change for her and real-life some people aren't going to want that and said it was based on her own experiences. Can't remember if people speculated it, but it sounds like maybe that might have been the source of why she and David ended up breaking up if def seems plausible thinking back to her past videos (bedroom makeover in particular).

yeah it seems like she was talking about David while trying to make it seem like she wasn’t talking about David lol.

That kind of mentality that she described is unfortunately very common with insecure, desperate girls who put a low value man on a pedestal and think that they will be fixed with love from the right person. The reality is that you can’t change people, and no one can change you. You can try to change someone and guide them but at the end of the day, the choice to be a different person is no one else’s but yours. She again showed how much she needs to grow in regards to her emotional and social intelligence. This is more of of my speculation, but i think that another factor as to why her relationship with David didn’t work is because she was too needy and passive of David’s insults and uncaring attitude towards her. I know most people on this thread are painting Ashley at worst as a naive girl and David as the asshole (which he is, who tells their girlfriend she’s not attractive?), but Ashley’s attitude didn’t help either. Their relationship was bound to fail because both of them expected different things from each other and both are incredibly immature and flawed (Ashley talking about moving in with him even though they had been dating for a very short time, talking unnecessarily about their sex life, etc. David saying her ass is flat, she’s unattractive , belittling her channel, calling her “easy”). The day my boyfriend tells me he didn’t find me attractive, that my job is vapid, and that I’m easy would be the last day he was my boyfriend. A man goes as far as a woman lets him, and the same goes vice versa. Ashley needs to grow up and stop seeing the world through the idealistic, immature lens of “I’m going to find a broken man and fix him with love, and he will save me back”.  I hope she takes some time to reflect alone and doesn’t immediately go back to the dating world, and once she does, for the love of god don’t show him YouTube lol

Posted

I'll probably watch her video eventually but I feel kind of weirded out that she put "blowjobs" in the title lol.

It's not that I don't want women to be sex-positive or be able to speak out about it. It's great if Ashley enjoys sex like many young women. I just... don't really want to hear her intimate details. Even with my best girl friends we'll make little wink-wink-nudge-nudges about our boyfriends/hookups but usually we don't just talk outright about things like blowjobs. When I watch Ashley's channel I just view her as a fun classmate or gal pal and don't really want to hear about that stuff. 

Anyways, that's just my opinion! Maybe she has audience members who enjoy hearing about that stuff. Although I sort of get the feeling that a lot of her fans are younger than her and possibly not sexually active. Maybe these high schoolers like hearing naughty stories from their "older sister" figure. But personally I'm going to avoid her really sexualized videos. 

Posted

I mean I do think that sounds like Ashley was very naive and probably immature in romance, but I also find that wayyyyy too many people are in relationships and even marriages where they are convinced they can change the other person--in one FB group I'm in the women constantly complain about how their husbands don't do XYZ, and tbh my thought is like "well, you should have known this when you were dating so what did you expect when you were married???" or like they'll complain that their husbands said they wouldn't do something, but the women secretly thought they could change their mind and then get mad when the husband does what he had said (which honestly is fair--he TOLD you so no one to blame but your damn self imho). And I think men also fall victim to this mentality of hoping to change their partner (or hoping the relationship will change them). Unfortunately it's a narrative we're fed by the media and pop culture, but it's so so so unhealthy. If that's what her relationship was like, then it's no wonder it ended and much better for her--Ashley needs to be in a relationship where they each grow together and kind of raise each other up? Idk how to explain it well but it certainly was not whatever she had with David. Sad that she basically implied she thought she could get him to love her enough to not want to just be in a casual relationship (Ashley, find someone who finds you worthy from the beginning, you shouldn't need to prove your value to a man no matter how great you may think he is at first).

But yeah, a part of me kind of rolls my eyes at Ashley's naivete in regards to love despite it not being her first relationship, but after seeing so many married women and men possessing the same kind of foolishness/naivete/ignorance, I can't single out Ashley too much for having that kind of mindset.

Posted

if anything watching that video i felt bad when ashley was saying all she did was show the 'romantic' and lovey side of her and david's relationship like... they maybe had some cute moments but the majority of the time it never went through my mind that they were the 'perfect' couple if anything we all saw that their relationship seemed pretty immature and unhealthy

also this is her first 'long-term' relationship but it only lasted maybe year ? yeah ashley definitely has not had a lot of experience in relationships 

Posted (edited)

if anything watching that video i felt bad when ashley was saying all she did was show the 'romantic' and lovey side of her and david's relationship like... they maybe had some cute moments but the majority of the time it never went through my mind that they were the 'perfect' couple if anything we all saw that their relationship seemed pretty immature and unhealthy

also this is her first 'long-term' relationship but it only lasted maybe year ? yeah ashley definitely has not had a lot of experience in relationships 

Did it even last a year? I thought they only lasted a couple of months...

I was a bit taken aback on the video where they had a roadtrip when Ashley said that their relationship was not perfect and that she didn't want to paint it as the typical, "fake perfect" youtube couple. Literally no one thought that her relationship with David was perfect lol, if anything, we thought the opposite even in the few, curated, and edited clips that she thought showed best their relationship. Seems like the one that wanted to believe everything was perfect was her, even when attempting to be real and relatable, which is a strange contradiction. 

I have watched a lot of couples on youtube and even in the best couples, it never crosses my mind that their life and relationship is perfect. Only naive people would think that.  You have to constantly work to maintain a good relationship with someone, perfection is never guaranteed or handed out to you.

But yeah, a part of me kind of rolls my eyes at Ashley's naivete in regards to love despite it not being her first relationship, but after seeing so many married women and men possessing the same kind of foolishness/naivete/ignorance, I can't single out Ashley too much for having that kind of mindset.

I agree but just because so many people make the same mistakes it doesn't mean that you can't point out or make note of someone's failures. Comparing your oversights to someone else's oversights doesn't erase your mistakes. If many people are able to not be ignorant, the rest can do it too.  Foolishness has no age, you're right, but it shouldn't be that way. 

Edited by DreamyCat