• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

bestdressed/ ashley

153 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

not to be too much of a hater but i don't think she'd be able to get away with at least half of the looks she shows off if she wasn't an XS size zero.

also if she really starts making 'picnic bitch' an actual catchprase on merch or something i'm gonna fucking lose it.

Edited by mcgsy

Posted

I feel as if Ashley is trying so hard to reiterate that she has sex. Like we get it girl sex is fun, but we don't really need you shoving it down our throats whenever you deem it fit. 

Posted

something i’ve noticed about ashley is that she seems like the type of girl that cannot deal without having the attention of a man on her. like on her youtube and even on her instagram, theres tons of posts on her boyfriend, boys she was dating or hooking up with from tinder, but really not much about any of her friends or anything. this is just an observation, but i found it kind of wierd 

Posted (edited)

something i’ve noticed about ashley is that she seems like the type of girl that cannot deal without having the attention of a man on her. like on her youtube and even on her instagram, theres tons of posts on her boyfriend, boys she was dating or hooking up with from tinder, but really not much about any of her friends or anything. this is just an observation, but i found it kind of wierd 

She has said multiple times in sort of a joking way that she has no friends, but honestly I believe her lol. It really did surprise me to hear her talk about tinder hookups and having sex with her current boyfriend pretty early on in their relationship. She really does not look like the type of girl that would do that. She was a pretty nerdy girl in high school from pictures she has shown and from things she herself has said, so maybe she started having sex once she started college in LA and now she feels like a cool free woman or something. She has talked about being depressed and her sister's eating disorder, from what she has said, seems to be something that really damaged her and her family so I wouldn't be too surprised if she uses men to feel validated and happy for a while. But that's just my assumption. 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted (edited)

I was actually surprised to have her talk about having no friends especially since she markets herself as super relatable, it actually made me feel a bit sorry for her. This is random, but I remember some instances of her being sort of ... unhygenic? Like recently on her IG story her sink was clogged and it was just this really gross looking pool of used water with a quirky caption of her not caring, and once in a video she tried cleaning out a moldy waterbottle with soapy water? We're the same age but it just baffles me how she's like this. 

Another note about her store — it's annoying how there are so many small online businesses trying to sell their carefully curated vintage clothes while she can easily sell out her inventory of used AE dresses and Steve Madden shoes within minutes.

Edited by champagneglass

Posted

I actually really like her. To me she is like a fresh breath of mountain air in an otherwise copy/paste cookie cutter YouTube world. I'm just not a fan of her boyfriend being on cam all the time. But for me it's like that with most YouTubers. I sub to see THEM and not their significant others all the time. (Aside from Aspyn & Parker, but a) I kinda like Parker and b) they do YouTube together anyway).

I get it though, I think it's her first relationship in quite a while and she's probably head over heels for that guy, so she shows him off. Don't most of us do that irl as well? The difference is that she has a large online audience as opposed to "just" a circle of offline friends like most of us. I'm sure it will settle down at some point.

Posted

I followed her a while ago, before she was anywhere close to being as big as she is now, and her schtick has always been the same. Humblebragging about how much effort she puts into things, humblebragging about being poor, etc. I unsubbed because it got to be too annoying. Recently checked back in and see she blew up, and now there’s all these videos about masturbating and her period and sex and her boyfriend etc. it all feels so braggy, even though these are just like... normal things. Someone a few posts back mentioned that it sounds like she’s bragging about being sexual, and I definitely agree. Like, Ashley, you’re fucking normal, chill the fuck out.

Posted

Was just watching her IG story for today about sustainable fashion and repairing her items from fast fashion clothes — I really appreciate her raising awareness and being an inspiration for pursuing sustainability on an approachable level, but like lol is she not going to acknowledge how much of her current wardrobe is Urban Outfitters, Nasty Gal, Princess Polly, etc which are all fast fashion companies? 

Posted (edited)

Was just watching her IG story for today about sustainable fashion and repairing her items from fast fashion clothes — I really appreciate her raising awareness and being an inspiration for pursuing sustainability on an approachable level, but like lol is she not going to acknowledge how much of her current wardrobe is Urban Outfitters, Nasty Gal, Princess Polly, etc which are all fast fashion companies? 

Agree. It's good that she is bringing awareness to sustainable and ethical fashion but girl, she sure loves Asos, topshop, urban outfitters, and fast fashion in general. Seems like she just hops on the sustainable fashion wagon to seem woke or something. There are a lot of fashion youtubers who actually dedicate their whole channel to sustainable and ethical fashion so idk why she gets praised for buying overpriced dresses from Reformation every once in a while and thrifting stuff that she never wears and only gets to sell. 

I followed her a while ago, before she was anywhere close to being as big as she is now, and her schtick has always been the same. Humblebragging about how much effort she puts into things, humblebragging about being poor, etc. I unsubbed because it got to be too annoying. Recently checked back in and see she blew up, and now there’s all these videos about masturbating and her period and sex and her boyfriend etc. it all feels so braggy, even though these are just like... normal things. Someone a few posts back mentioned that it sounds like she’s bragging about being sexual, and I definitely agree. Like, Ashley, you’re fucking normal, chill the fuck out.

I must say that it bothers me when youtubers talk about how hard they work and about how they've had multiple jobs at one point in their lives and all of that. When I hear that I'm just like... well, what do you want? A medal? Most people have to work hard, its a natural part of human life, don't see why they talk about it as if they're special for working hard. You're not getting a medal for doing things everyone else does hon. 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

this is lowkey off topic but she was definitely really smart in high school like she got a perfect score on her ap micro econ exam and idk she always mentions how she got into stanford but didn't go ... humble bragging 

https://twitter.com/hcpss_chs/status/690248780445196288 

Posted (edited)

Am I drinking the Koolaid? I honestly just don't see what you guys see.

I feel like...she does work hard. I never worked multiple jobs while in school, though I did go to multiple schools at the same time while juggling a bunch of extracurriculars. And it WAS hard. I don't think acknowledging that is the same as being like WAAAAA MY LIFE IS SOOOOO HARDDDDD and wanting a cookie for it. Let's call a spade a spade, working multiple jobs is not easy and Ashley does seem to actually work hard (from my impression). Also, working multiple jobs or working while going to school might not be extremely rare, but not everyone does it (most people I went to college with just went to college), so it's not nothing. I'd rather applaud that while acknowledging it doesn't make one a superhero or deserving of nonstop praise than encourage people to be lazy and do nothing yet get praised for being "special". Again, let's compare her to someone like Joan who spends most of her time repeating the same boring ass content and then bitching about how hard she works and no one appreciates it. That, to me, is annoying as fuck. But mentioning that you're tired, or that you work hard, when both seem to be accurate? I guess it just doesn't grind my gears like it clearly does other people on this site. 

And I personally found her video on sex to be refreshing--most people DON'T talk about sex openly, and I grew up feeling like it was taboo to talk about as a female, which is something I think is deeply, deeply wrong and should be changed. So I really appreciated her honest video on sex because I think it should be normalized/the shame of talking about sex (when sex is natural) should be reduced. That video to me was very positive. I do however think she brings sex up A LOT in other videos, but idk if that's bragging (to me, she's attractive enough so it's not at all surprising to me that she gets sex when she wants using apps like Tinder, and a lot of girls I knew in college like her talked about it the same amount) but it's def not my cup of tea. But again, that's why I just watch her videos less. I don't really hold it against her for talking about sex, which she has and which she has stated she wants to normalize for other people.

But for her boyfriend........yeah, he seems nice enough. I just wish she wouldn't film him SOOOOOOO much in her videos, in her stories, etc. That, to me, comes across a bit braggy? Just shoving it in my face and I don't find it cute. It just seems forced to me. And just, as I said before, a bad idea. Like I watched Michelle's vlogs and there were full on videos of her and her bf "being cute together" and everyone in the comment section fawning over how perfect of a relationship they had etc etc etc and now......how awkward to put it mildly. And I feel like Ashley's setting herself up for the same thing. If she films her bf I wish it would just be normal interactions, like how he just so happens to be in her life cuz they spend time together, but the videos are still on HER. Not like OMG LOOK AT ME AND MY BF WE'RE SO CUTE LET ME FILM US HUGGING AND LAUGHING AND SEEMING SO IN LOVE 

(like...i get it, people are like that when they are first in relationships usually. im just not that type of person cuz i noticed the people who post a ton of pics of their SO tend to be the ones with the most problems IRL so that kind of shit really irks me)

oh and to whoever said she will make "saltyyyy" or whatever merch? yeah ngl after you wrote that i could totally picture it. all i can say is i hope she doesnt get a "fandom" and for the love of god i hope she doesnt GIVE THEM A NAME UGH WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS i hope she just keeps working hard and stays humble (tho i get it can seem humble bragging, so maybe hope she gets a bit more humility as well) instead of a Youtuber so far up their own ass cuz of their "fans" that they can do no wrong

ugh sorry for the essay damn

Not everyone has multiple jobs at one point in their lives but most people do work hard in different ways whether it is killing your head in college majoring in a STEM field, working, and/or even having a family.  I don’t deny that Ashley did work hard, I never said that and I don’t think anyone said that she doesn’t. What we’re saying is that she doesn’t do anything that other normal people don’t do in some way, yet she makes it sound as if she’s unique for being an independent girl or working hard. Like other people say, it really does sound like humble brag. Like we get it, the girl works hard, she doesn’t need to repeat it so much. Also, when someone talks about how hard working they are, it kind of makes you start questioning if they really are. It’s like when someone talks about how good of a person they are, it makes you question if they really are as good as they say since truly good people don’t have to state that they are good people, it just shows through their actions.

And yeah, I’m not interested in her boyfriend at all. I thought he was her gay friend at first.... 

i love reading long comments, but then again, I love writing long comments myself lol

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

Not everyone has multiple jobs at one point in their lives but most people do work hard in different ways whether it is killing your head in college majoring in a STEM field, working, and/or even having a family.  I don’t deny that Ashley did work hard, I never said that and I don’t think anyone said that she doesn’t. What we’re saying is that she doesn’t do anything that other normal people don’t do in some way, yet she makes it sound as if she’s unique for being an independent girl or working hard. Like other people say, it really does sound like humble brag. Like we get it, the girl works hard, she doesn’t need to repeat it so much. Also, when someone talks about how hard working they are, it kind of makes you start questioning if they really are. It’s like when someone talks about how good of a person they are, it makes you question if they really are as good as they say since truly good people don’t have to state that they are good people, it just shows through their actions.

And yeah, I’m not interested in her boyfriend at all. I thought he was her gay friend at first.... 

i love reading long comments, but then again, I love writing long comments myself lol

yeah i guess i just hadnt noticed her saying it that much, but admittedly ive been watching less and less of her cuz of her bf so i could just be missing her saying she works so hard. i def agree that as soon as someone says they work so hard/are so nice/are such a good person all the time im like yeahhhhhh almost 100% its not true (also ive found some of the best people and the most talented people are insanely humble, which makes me like them more, so if ashley is humble bragging thats pretty much an instant unsubscribe from me)

also OMFG I TOTALLY THOUGHT THE SAME THING IM SO GLAD U SAID THAT AND BROUGHT IT UP CUZ I HAD FORGOTTEN

like legit the first time i saw him in a video i thought she was gonna say and meet my gay best friend/roommate!!! and i was confused why everyone said they were so cute together and was waiting for her to address it and see everyone be disappointed (i thought it was joan+moma all over again). but then it was like LOOK ITS MY BOYFRIEND i was so confused lol

Posted

good call @DreamyCat. basically, if she, or any youtuber, is busy... they dont have to make a video. nobody has a gun to their head and is forcing them to bang out CONTENT. if you're busy... don't do it, and stop bragging about how busy you are. 

Posted

it's sad bc I think she spends all her time working that she doesn't make or maintain friendships and that might be why she talks abt David and her "job" so much...