• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

bestdressed/ ashley

4900 posts in this topic

Posted

I wonder if her recent bestmess video had anything to do with her breakup. She mentioned how she felt how refreshing it was to meet her friends who knew her through real life rather than her online persona. And how they weren't the kind of people who liked to be filmed. It's a big contrast from her relationship with David where it felt like all their big dates and "philosophical" conversations needed a camera inbetween them. It kind of sucks to hear her say though that her friends think her job is absurd considering she's so successful at it even if the quality of her videos has gone down. How many 21y/o's have managed to become fully financially independent straight out of college? Even if the nature of her work seems absurd, you can't deny that she found success with it. Maybe that was the appeal of David when he told her on their first date that he thought YouTube careers were a joke? I wonder which of them felt the need to pull out a camera the most during their relationship. David seemed to bask in being filmed as much as Ashley.

Posted

I wonder if her recent bestmess video had anything to do with her breakup. She mentioned how she felt how refreshing it was to meet her friends who knew her through real life rather than her online persona. And how they weren't the kind of people who liked to be filmed. It's a big contrast from her relationship with David where it felt like all their big dates and "philosophical" conversations needed a camera inbetween them. It kind of sucks to hear her say though that her friends think her job is absurd considering she's so successful at it even if the quality of her videos has gone down. How many 21y/o's have managed to become fully financially independent straight out of college? Even if the nature of her work seems absurd, you can't deny that she found success with it. Maybe that was the appeal of David when he told her on their first date that he thought YouTube careers were a joke? I wonder which of them felt the need to pull out a camera the most during their relationship. David seemed to bask in being filmed as much as Ashley.

I haven't watched the video yet, but did they perhaps mean that the idea of 2 million people wanting to watch Ashley seems absurd/surreal to them? I have no Youtuber friends but I can imagine if I did that that would be really trippy for me, and I do have one friend from college who became relatively well-known in certain fields which does make me chuckle a bit because I just know him as a person so its just weird that he does have "fans." I constantly say his life is ridiculous, but I mean like omg I cannot believe the magical unicorn life you're living that has manifested from your hard work and talent, not like omg you idiot what a ridiculous, stupid way you're living.

I would hope that her friends just think it's a crazy, wild ride but are happy for Ashley because that's how I would feel in their position (like, I can't imagine getting stopped on the street by my friend's subscribers if I was out with them...that would seem a bit absurd to me but def in a good way). Idk I'm glad she has friends to visit in NY, but I also really hope they're actually supportive of her because her success and recent spike in popularity is no joke and nothing to sneeze at--and true friends should support each other for their happiness, success, and generally well-being rather than make passive aggressive digs just because of an unconventional career choice. And if they're not those kind of friends, then she needs to ditch them. Life is too short to hang out with people who put you down. But also....damn I wish she had good friends who knew her in person versus online closer to where she actually lives.

Posted

I went back and watched her videos and have been thinking about how shes has the most basic style of a big fashion youtuber that I've seen? Like when I think of fashion youtubers that I follow now they tend to do something that makes them stand out; either styling concepts with their own personal style (stealthespotlight) or they're more into looking at higher fashion and interpreting that (hautelemode). she doesnt bring anything other than some basic diys? and even then i think someone like withwendy does a better job at thrift flipping. It's just so weird that shes categorized as a fashion youtuber when she doesnt really do anything different?

Posted

8B3409B6-CCB4-4666-ACA1-F8F137219A9A.png

Posted

8B3409B6-CCB4-4666-ACA1-F8F137219A9A.png

cheers!

Posted

I don't think she could've addressed it in a better way. I'm glad she came forth with her decision to breakup and let her followers know. Honestly we believe she could do so much better, and her career and life should get better from hereon. Good luck Ashley!

Posted

What did you guys think of her latest video? She feels more down to earth than ever before. 

Posted

What did you guys think of her latest video? She feels more down to earth than ever before. 

Its the first time in a while that i have found her not completely insufferable in her latest video. Its so weird because it seems like Ashley is the kind of person that changes or adapts to the personality of the people she dates or hangs out.This isn't always a bad thing. In order to get along with others, you obviously have to adapt to people's personality in some way but David was arrogant and annoying and she adapted to that by becoming just as arrogant, annoying, and coping to his uncaring behavior with humor. Its like, as soon as she gets a man, she can't have an independent life and personality that is not entirely reliant on him, and as soon as she is single again, she is back to her original personality. I'm really glad they broke up. Even her content has been on the downgrade for a while now. I hope she manages to create good videos consistently again (and not just once in a blue moon like she has done lately), and choose someone better when she dates again. I know that when you're desperate, lonely, and with a low self esteem, you will let any idiot into your life, but Ashley has so much to offer and she can't see it.  

I don't know if this is just me, but i would prefer if she stuck with fashion/style videos. Her advice or the talking sort of videos are coherent and well spoken but she never says anything groundbreaking. Maybe its groundbreaking to middle schoolers, but to people who are around her age or older, its plain boring and common sense. I think youtubers who focus on directing their content towards older audiences are better able of maintaining that audience. Teenagers might love her know, but i remember when i was a teenager who watched a lot of youtubers, i eventually grew bored of most of them and changed to older more mature channels. For instance, Emma Chamberlain is still super popular (i think? lol), but unless she does better content, in 5-6 years, maybe less, she will be forgotten just like many other youtubers who were once at the top were. I say this in regards to Ashley because with her collaborations with Haley Pham, that other blonde teen i can't remember her name, and her rapid growth towards 2 millon right after that, it seems like she's trying to stick with pree-teen to teen audiences. Idk but i just think thats not a good decision on the long run. Teenagers will get bored of her once they get older and want more mature content, and she will get older too (and we all know how cringy it becomes when youtubers, who are in their mid-20s to early 30s , still act like they're 15).  Her relationship and breakup with David has provided some "drama" that has attracted a lot of views. I hope she doesn't rely on showing future relationships for views and validation anymore.

Posted

Its the first time in a while that i have found her not completely insufferable in her latest video. Its so weird because it seems like Ashley is the kind of person that changes or adapts to the personality of the people she dates or hangs out.This isn't always a bad thing. In order to get along with others, you obviously have to adapt to people's personality in some way but David was arrogant and annoying and she adapted to that by becoming just as arrogant, annoying, and coping to his uncaring behavior with humor. Its like, as soon as she gets a man, she can't have an independent life and personality that is not entirely reliant on him, and as soon as she is single again, she is back to her original personality. I'm really glad they broke up. Even her content has been on the downgrade for a while now. I hope she manages to create good videos consistently again (and not just once in a blue moon like she has done lately), and choose someone better when she dates again. I know that when you're desperate, lonely, and with a low self esteem, you will let any idiot into your life, but Ashley has so much to offer and she can't see it.  

I don't know if this is just me, but i would prefer if she stuck with fashion/style videos. Her advice or the talking sort of videos are coherent and well spoken but she never says anything groundbreaking. Maybe its groundbreaking to middle schoolers, but to people who are around her age or older, its plain boring and common sense. I think youtubers who focus on directing their content towards older audiences are better able of maintaining that audience. Teenagers might love her know, but i remember when i was a teenager who watched a lot of youtubers, i eventually grew bored of most of them and changed to older more mature channels. For instance, Emma Chamberlain is still super popular (i think? lol), but unless she does better content, in 5-6 years, maybe less, she will be forgotten just like many other youtubers who were once at the top were. I say this in regards to Ashley because with her collaborations with Haley Pham, that other blonde teen i can't remember her name, and her rapid growth towards 2 millon right after that, it seems like she's trying to stick with pree-teen to teen audiences. Idk but i just think thats not a good decision on the long run. Teenagers will get bored of her once they get older and want more mature content, and she will get older too (and we all know how cringy it becomes when youtubers, who are in their mid-20s to early 30s , still act like they're 15).  Her relationship and breakup with David has provided some "drama" that has attracted a lot of views. I hope she doesn't rely on showing future relationships for views and validation anymore.

I agree with everything you just stated. I also agree that David is also garbage. 

It seems in the short term strategy, she would will want to cater more her high school and gen z demographics. after all, she is the big sister ashley.

Posted

i mean tbh i dont really agree with comments about david because its not like any of us met him in person?? maybe he's just different on camera. that being said, compared to other youtubers, ashley is a lot less problematic. while of course she has her flaws, she's navigating them like the rest of us and i appreciate her editing and the quality of her videos. her last video where she talked about how she was thinking she'd run out of time before finding a partner might explain her relationship with david but tbh i dont feel comfortable to armchair diagnose her issues

Posted

has anyone else checked out her twitter? it seems like every single one of her tweets gets a lot of rts/likes .. but its only that way because im pretty sure she probably deletes any tweets that don't gain any traction

Posted

what's her twitter?

Posted

what's her twitter?

it’s @bestdressed 

and yeah, I saw her twitter and I’m sure she deletes the posts that aren’t a hit. she has like 30 tweets and all of them have lots of retweets and likes.

also, she’s not super into twitter which is kinda weird for her demographics. but at the same time,  it can be overwhelming for some people to have lots of social media profiles, specially if you’re an influencer like her

0D113799-3882-4CF0-A69F-1C2AFE46C0F6.jpeg

Posted

Did she post her twitter to her stories because we're talking about it here ??

Posted (edited)

if it’s true, then it’s kind of sad that she deletes tweets that don’t get any traction. just feeds into her personal echo chamber of blindly loyal fans and boosts her ego in her mediocre relatable humor. 

screenshotted this the other day bc i was so amazed at how unappealing her look was - major wannabe instagram explore page vibes. 

0FBEF0D9-5FD9-4547-B430-E0A6507F5269.png

Edited by champagneglass
Realized what I said was inappropriate! My bad.