• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

bestdressed/ ashley

4796 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Also notice, how she now more than once used her audience as an excuse for staying silent on certain topics, either they are too young or already so well educated and well informed. She make it seem like she is thoughtful of her audience, but can't quit on oversharing her sex life and thoughts on sex related kinks, even when younger subscribers already mentioned that they feel uncomfortable with it. 

THIS.  ~My tween viewers are already so educated and informed about racism that I should stay silent about racism unless it directly affects my hard upbringing as a struggling child of immigrants (tbh her middle school viewers might be more informed than Ashley at this point because the bar is really that. low.) BUT let’s continue, shall we, and let me go on and tell my same tween viewers the extensive knowledge of my tmi sex life even though I just learned two weeks ago that sex is supposed to not be about getting the man off and I’ve only been having sex for two years and I sleep over on #FFFFFF tinder boys mattresses on the frat house floor on the first date.~ Ok.

Also 13 year olds don’t need to be hearing about your kinks.  No one cares and if they do, it’s just because they’re uncomfortable with the over sharing. Fuck if I had a 12 year old I’d never let her watch Ashley.  What a sad excuse for a role model.

Edited by Milkmilktea

Posted

LOL to her latest story where she mentions she read the book "a week ago"

Press X to doubt

She’s even said herself that she doesn’t “read” books but she just listens to audiobooks 

I can see her listening to this at 2X speed to try to save face 

Posted (edited)

you know what’s funny? ashley had these last few months to speak up about asians and really make an impact to stand behind her people, especially when the virus first happened and all of the ramped xenophobia that was happening and she didn’t. now when the focus has been turned to black lives, NOW she wants to speak up? to me, something doesn’t sit right with me at all about her doing that. I believe she still has that mindset that “black and brown issues take away from asian issues”. it just doesn’t make sense that she had all this ample time to really speak for the cause like other asian american influencers and she didn’t use it not one bit. she wanted to fly ryan out, paint her home, make these mediocre posts and videos... i’m sorry that you speaking for your own people doesn’t bring you revenue since you only seek to post when it’s sponsored, ashley, but right now, you are showing us a side you thought you could hide forever. idk how naive you think majority of us are, but we aren’t. we tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you just keep digging yourself into a deeper hole. be this “adult” that you preach about so much, own up to how you hurt, offended, lied, etc to your fans and the public, and actually grow as a person. pushing it under the rug will make it worse the more people will find more things and the more you keep trying to be passive about it. enough is enough

everything she does screams LOOK AT ME PAY ATTENTION TO ME, literally the second she feels like she isn’t as oppressed as someone else.  Everything in her life is her comparing herself to others, so it’s no surprise the second the attention switches to Black rights she has to put up her index finger and say, “but wait, I am asian, I TOTALLY get it”

Edited by Milkmilktea

Posted

so... according to someone on GG ashley deleted her facebook (account? page?). so i went to take a look at her tumblr, and looks like she deleted things there too? i remember that there was some blogposts from when she was about 15 saying like "i'm really interested in politics"... but now there is just pictures. looks like someone is doing a spring clean.

and really, it comes off as really weird to me. why does she bother deleting her blog and old mistakes but doesn't say or do anything about her bullshit now? like her recent instagram stories, her problematic tik toks and what she says in her next-to-last video implying that housewives have no purpose lol? she doesn't delete the shit that people are calling her on, is she proud or what? in a way, it's like she's refusing to acknowledge that she's problematic or that there is any problem to her viewers, so she's always right

Posted

I just wanna point out about the comments about her background and money.. her dad's the dean of a university and his salary is public. And that's just his not including her mom.

Screenshot_20200529-230740_Chrome.jpg

UHHH OT but wtf living in nyc is super expensive, especially manhattan.... i'm starting to think her parents might be paying for her apartment or at least partially, looking at just ONE of their salaries.

anyways, was at the brooklyn protest tonight. the way shes just posting her ~nyc~ aesthetic while my native nyc is ass actually popping out to show support just left a bad taste in my mouth. so fucking oblivious and obviously doesnt give a shit about anyone but herself or sometimes asian americans when it happens to be relevant to herself 

Posted

(...) so i went to take a look at her tumblr (...)

OT but what's her tumblr? 

Posted

so... according to someone on GG ashley deleted her facebook (account? page?). so i went to take a look at her tumblr, and looks like she deleted things there too? i remember that there was some blogposts from when she was about 15 saying like "i'm really interested in politics"... but now there is just pictures. looks like someone is doing a spring clean.

and really, it comes off as really weird to me. why does she bother deleting her blog and old mistakes but doesn't say or do anything about her bullshit now? like her recent instagram stories, her problematic tik toks and what she says in her next-to-last video implying that housewives have no purpose lol? she doesn't delete the shit that people are calling her on, is she proud or what? in a way, it's like she's refusing to acknowledge that she's problematic or that there is any problem to her viewers, so she's always right

Well, ms woke probably had some racists posts to take care of before someone makes another call out video :/

Posted

This great thread on Twitter outlines some of the tenets of non-optical allyship from white and NBPOC and Ashley checks quite a few of them in the wrong way. Namely, her performative "optical" allyship that only serves to uplift her in how "woke" she is (her beloved 'value-signaling'). Things she doesn't do: read up on anti-racist works on a consistent basis, work to be anti-racist consistently and not just when ~something big~ has happened and everyone is speaking up on it. Not to mention she does the big no-no of trying to bring herself and her own experiences into it for no reason (Asian-American issues, "my awareness of racism," etc.) instead of centering a black voice.

https://twitter.com/mireillecharper/status/1266335563197501440?s=20

Posted

Ashley really does need a wake up call at this point. She is a grown ass woman, and this is how she deals with conflict? Sweeping everything under the rug? deleting all the evidence? 

Posted

UHHH OT but wtf living in nyc is super expensive, especially manhattan.... i'm starting to think her parents might be paying for her apartment or at least partially, looking at just ONE of their salaries.

anyways, was at the brooklyn protest tonight. the way shes just posting her ~nyc~ aesthetic while my native nyc is ass actually popping out to show support just left a bad taste in my mouth. so fucking oblivious and obviously doesnt give a shit about anyone but herself or sometimes asian americans when it happens to be relevant to herself 

Even though her parents make good money I don't think they pay for her apartment. They didn't want to pay for UCLA and wanted her to go to a cheaper university or her father's so she could study tuition-free. In the beginning she slept in a shared dorm room and later off campus with 2-3 other girls in one room, then upgraded to her own room in a shared apartment, after that the studio apartment on her own and now her shoe box in Manhattan. Her parents seem to not just throw money anywhere they can (and I can see her mother growing up poor as a first generation immigrant could be still very money conscious) and why would they now throw money at a tiny apartment in Manhattan for Ashley, but made Ashley stay in a shared room with multiple other girls when she was a student? With her parents being academics I would understand if they would rather spend money on getting Ashley her own room while going to university, so she would have a more quiet room to focus on her studies. Ashley also upgraded her living situation around the same time she quit her editing job with the sorry girls, because she was able to just live off her youtube money. Her net worth is estimated to be  around 500k or more and just taking her youtube earnings into account, so with adding the income from all her ads and partnerships off of youtube, her net worth is most definitely way higher. With such an income she can comfortably rent the apartment in Manhattan just by herself. Her parents may have money, but it doesn't seem they are spending it on Ashley living out her romcom dream, that's all Ashley by herself. It is definitely Ashley aggressively spending money for a certain life style, I can imagine her parents actually being horrified by the fact that she spends 2k just in rent for a literal shoe box. 

Posted (edited)

Even though her parents make good money I don't think they pay for her apartment. They didn't want to pay for UCLA and wanted her to go to a cheaper university or her father's so she could study tuition-free. In the beginning she slept in a shared dorm room and later off campus with 2-3 other girls in one room, then upgraded to her own room in a shared apartment, after that the studio apartment on her own and now her shoe box in Manhattan. Her parents seem to not just throw money anywhere they can (and I can see her mother growing up poor as a first generation immigrant could be still very money conscious) and why would they now throw money at a tiny apartment in Manhattan for Ashley, but made Ashley stay in a shared room with multiple other girls when she was a student? With her parents being academics I would understand if they would rather spend money on getting Ashley her own room while going to university, so she would have a more quiet room to focus on her studies. Ashley also upgraded her living situation around the same time she quit her editing job with the sorry girls, because she was able to just live off her youtube money. Her net worth is estimated to be  around 500k or more and just taking her youtube earnings into account, so with adding the income from all her ads and partnerships off of youtube, her net worth is most definitely way higher. With such an income she can comfortably rent the apartment in Manhattan just by herself. Her parents may have money, but it doesn't seem they are spending it on Ashley living out her romcom dream, that's all Ashley by herself. It is definitely Ashley aggressively spending money for a certain life style, I can imagine her parents actually being horrified by the fact that she spends 2k just in rent for a literal shoe box. 

Yes, and to add to this point -- there's actually nothing wrong with wanting to live in downtown Manhattan. I live in Manhattan, albeit not as nice as the East Village or wherever she is, but if you have the money to do so, go for it. (I know I criticized her for living in downtown Manhattan, but I was criticizing her more for the point of removing/insulating herself from the diversity of the city, not the actual neighborhood she was in)

That being said, her current $2000 studio is such a bad deal. She can definitely get a much roomier studio with $2000 if she moved to a diff neighborhood or if she just gave herself a little bit more time to look around or even considered another borough. Brooklyn isn't cheap and there are tons of young transplants like her so she could fit in! So I agree that her parents probably wouldn't be bankrolling this current lifestyle/apartment. 

Also - actually I think I read somewhere in an interview or article that she broke her parents' heart by turning down Stanford, so if she went to Stanford, pretty sure her parents would have been a lot more willing to support her living situation in college

also, I think the blog they're talking about is this - https://captoeflats.blogspot.com/ she mentions having a passion for politics in the little "about" on the side. I don't think she's taking down her blog posts!

Screen_Shot_2020-05-08_at_4.42.03_PM.thu please ignore screenshot

Edited by whateverman
edit - please ignore screenshot

Posted

also, I think the blog they're talking about is this - https://captoeflats.blogspot.com/ she mentions having a passion for politics in the little "about" on the side. I don't think she's taking down her blog posts!

You're right! I got mistaken between the blogs, I didn't know she had two. Thanks for the link.