• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

bestdressed/ ashley

4867 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

the thing with successful youtubers who have managed to last a long time and outlive their original gimick is that they're genuinely likeable people who are enjoyable to watch. jenna marbles started out making like... hot girl comedy videos? simply nailogical started as an nail art channel. just two random examples i can think of. years have gone by and people are still watching their videos because they're chill/interesting enough to last. ashley does "sustainable fashion" and that's what she's known for, but eventually she's going to get over it or move on, and then what's she going to be? just a weird dismissive snob who's main personality trait is that shes, idk, "trying to be a relatable youtuber" and "flexing on how skinny she is and how much sex she can get". good for her for making money but good luck to her when she doesnt want to do any more lookbooks and thrift flips.

Edited by mcgsy

Posted

She restocked her online thrift boutique but the vast majority is size XS or S. I only saw a handful of items out of the 30+ she showed on her story that were above a size M. I thought she said she was going to try to thrift more items for sizes bigger than her? Not really seeing a change or effort at all...

Posted

New video up called taking myself on a date <3

So nice seeing her alone and focusing on herself!

Posted

This last video was lovely! Her outfit was sooo pretty and I love the idea and concept of it all <3

May this be a really direct indirect to her breakup with David?

Posted

HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH\

good job ashley, focus on yourself for now :) 

Posted (edited)

Yay, I'm so proud of her!

Even though she didn't directly mention the breakup in the video, she seems like she's realized a lot about herself. She admitted that she was so afraid to be alone and see herself as a full person without a boyfriend. I think she even alluded to the fact that she would accept love from just any guy, since she felt unworthy of love. I think she's realizing David is not as great as she thought. I'm really proud of her :alpacacrush:

I hope she doesn't get lonely and get back with him. There are plenty of better guys out there, or even yet, I'm sure there's plenty of girls/guys who will be friends with her. She was always much smarter and more interesting than him. 

Edit: In the description of the video she wrote "Rant about love and being single and relationship pressure in your 20's" so I am pretty sure she is confirming she broke up. She probably just isn't ready to talk about it on camera, which is understandable. Still so happy for her!! 

Edited by caterpillars

Posted

i've only seen like the first two minutes of her new video and though i hope the rest of it will be alright, i can't stand her humblebragging about how hard and how much she works 🙄 plus that floppy headband dangling in front of her forehead is super annoying and not cute. neither is her makeup or the rest of her outfit - whenever she dresses like this (and that's very often) it usually reminds me of a little girl with plastic rhinestone costume jewelry. i'm assuming she's probably regretting featuring david so heavily in her previous videos and is hoping that this video will smoothly insinuate it. i thought them taking two trips (sf and ny) so close together wasn't the best idea — they already discovered that they are incompatible in traveling yet rushed into another pretty big trip so quickly. lmao throwback to her sf video with her r/thisisdeep ~maybe this is love~ talk. 

She restocked her online thrift boutique but the vast majority is size XS or S. I only saw a handful of items out of the 30+ she showed on her story that were above a size M. I thought she said she was going to try to thrift more items for sizes bigger than her? Not really seeing a change or effort at all...

it seems like she only ever restocks when she's running low on pocket cash or smth lmao she's so inconsistent and lazy with this store, in how often she updates and the quality of how she takes photos, lists product, etc. it's mainly markups of old mall brand items like f21 or american eagle or the gifted items she received for free and got tired of. 

Posted

glad Ashley is the on path of self-care and self-improvement. seemed like she only dated david to satisfy her own needs and societal pressure. 

Posted

I'm so glad, she deserves to spoil herself she works herself crazy. This video brought me back to why I really loved watching her, just some fun time seeing her enjoying her interests.

Also, is she wearing contacts? I don't think I've ever seen her wear them before

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 1.54.03 PM.png

Posted

I skimmed through the video but it still made me kind of sad:/.   I hope she’ll quickly move on and enjoy her self company more. 

I’m glad she didn’t make a “we broke up” video and cried in front of the camera. Her idea of addressing it was the right choice.

*Her headband was a little distracting and the whole time i wanted to flick the fabric off her bangs. 

Posted

i just finished watching her newest video and i have to say that it's the first time in a while where i've actually enjoyed her content lol. she seemed to be actually enjoying herself as opposed to her older vlog-style videos where a lot of her happy-go-lucky attitude seemed performative and contrived. 

i also think that her comment section is just a huge hugbox...people are commenting on the video saying that they cried at how heartfelt and endearing it was. getting a constant stream of positive feedback that validates your past content (even when it's not the best) doesn't motivate anyone to improve their videos. there are a few people saying that they enjoyed this video much more than her old ones with david, so i hope she takes notice of that and makes more similar ones :)

she also only made one sex joke at the end of the video, which is definitely an improvement....baby steps i guess

Posted

This video was a little bit tough to watch but it was lovely. It's 'good' to see that they have broken up, and it seems like she is taking the high road so far by not really talking about the reasons why. I'm not sure if the break up was her idea because she seems upset but she has some good points about needing to spend time on yourself.

Also whenever Ashley speaks about working hard, it never seems like a humble brag to me. I guess it really stems from her upbringing. Her parents are pretty successful in their fields, and strict. She probably feels like she always needs to hammer away at something. And it is really obvious she put a lot of effort into school and youtube. She needs to take some time to relax as well. I'm hopeful and looking forward to her next videos.

It's also nice to see she is getting a lot of support in the comments now. It's hard to find a comment that is sad about the break up, a lot of people are supporting her with stories of their own heartbreak. It's also important to recognize a lot of her fans are younger, they only see the cute videos and they might not see some red flags that older people see..

Posted

I really liked her newest video. To me, that's truly her being a "relatable youtuber": showing awkward conversations with strangers, going to a concert by herself, just sharing her unfiltered thoughts and talking about her life. It was really refreshing to see, and it kind of gave me the confidence and reassurance to do things alone and not feel self-conscious or be held back by stigmas.

I can see her content definitely improving after breaking up with David (hopefully they don't get back together because she's honestly too good for that annoying, pretentious POS). Although, I'm scared she will throw herself into work and not take the time to focus on herself and mental health. 

Posted

She just changed the thumbnail image. Guess it wasn't clear for some younger people that she and him aren't together anymore. 

Posted

I haven't watched the video yet so I don't know the overall quality of it but I think this way of addressing it is classy. They weren't together that long so I don't think it warrants an entire video where she talks about him. I think it would also be tacky and inappropriate considering how much she overshared whenever she referenced to him. But she did feature him prominently enough that it's really nice to be provided with a confirmation.

Ashley can be really mature and self-aware. When she's frank and honest, her talks can be really refreshing. I'm hoping that when I watch the video later, that will be the side that she shows throughout.

Breakups are tough. David was a tool and I hope they don't get back together but I still feel bad for Ashley. I think she should focus on making friends