• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

bestdressed/ ashley

5154 posts in this topic

Posted

this assumption is irrelevant. Just bcus you live in a diverse place doesnt mean you’ll get or even care about another person’s struggles. I went to a very diverse high school. tell what you said to all the asians and latinos that kept saying the n word like their breath depended on it in my high school. tell what you said to all of the people who were very anti-black in my school; which there were quite a lot. The assumption that diverse places have more people that understand each other’s hardships is such bull. 

I don't think they're trying to say that Ash should know everything about police brutality or racism but she should at least know the effects of it and that it exists. Even if she wasn't around an extremely diverse crowd, she is American, she should at least know what it is from what one could see on TV or in the news, but in her case, I don't think she could just turn away and ignore it.

Obviously being American doesn't mean one is automatically educated but as a young adult (especially one that went to a good high school in a good area) who claims to be a #wOkEqUEEn, she should at least know something. 

But she doesn't. All that money, all those resources, and she doesn't even use them properly because she's ignorant and fake. The only time she does use them is when it makes her look good, which means she doesn't actually care. Pathetic.

Posted

People are protesting in Brooklyn and here she is posting from her lovely little bubble.  

The protests seem to have gotten heated about 1-2 hours ago and she may not be online—but that doesn’t change the fact that she has just been living life as “normal” after her half hearted ~~~value signaling~~~

CDB407E0-2E52-4D11-B5D1-17ACBD9EF4B5.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Edited by ganjaa
ot

Posted

sorry this is off topic, but i was doing some googling and apparently ashley's dad potentially was involved in covering up sexual assaults at umbc? the article is behind a paywall so i copied it here:

Hidden Content

idk thoughts? if it's true then yikes no wonder she tries to hide who her family is

i mean honestly i'm not really sure how to respond to this-- i think it is too off topic because it is less about her, but the article is so vague and university staff is so extensive it's hard for us to say he was involved

it seems a lil sus but maybe he was just saying as it is that he can't talk about it legally? idk i wouldn't think it's important enough to keep looking into

Posted (edited)

image0 (1).jpeg

Edited by ganjaa
ot pic won't go away :(

Posted

People are protesting in Brooklyn and here she is posting from her lovely little bubble.  

The protests seem to have gotten heated about 1-2 hours ago and she may not be online—but that doesn’t change the fact that she has just been living life as “normal” after her half hearted ~~~value signaling~~~

after she posted her stories so she can say she wasn't completely silent, she wiped her hands of blm and continued to post as normal. i wouldn't be surprised if she only watched one video from that course so she could post about it and that was it. 

Posted

watched one video? Honey, she didn’t even finish the one she posted. 

lmfaooo

Posted

To be honest the East Village isn't that large and she's already mentioned she lives in that neighborhood, but I still feel like if I were Ashley I'd be careful posting pictures of this. I remember she snapped Big Gay one time and now she's snapping the Walgreens at Astor Place. It pretty much triangulates her apartment building for anyone familiar with the area.

Posted

I just wanna point out about the comments about her background and money.. her dad's the dean of a university and his salary is public. And that's just his not including her mom.

Screenshot_20200529-230740_Chrome.jpg

Posted (edited)

What's more telling is that in the IG story, she name drops the 2016 Black Lives Matter protests happening in Baltimore near her hometown. How was she not aware? Before I moved to NYC, I lived near Maryland and that's ALL we talked about in school. I don't understand how someone with TWO educators in the house, lives 20 minutes away from Baltimore by car, and grew up in a diverse place can say such tone-deaf things. Then, she moved to LA and went to UCLA, which is such a diverse city and school, but no, according to her, it's full of vapid empty-headed influencers because she 1. refused to make friends and join clubs in school, insulating herself in her apartment to make YouTube videos and graduate within 2.5 years, and 2. only hung around the rich white parts of LA before subsequently shitting on a wonderfully diverse city. Don't forget she also said UCLA has a "sometimes aggressively social justice warrior culture" so clearly she didn't give a SINGLE SHIT about social issues when she was in university since UCLA was too "SJW" for her (I'm sure the "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" libertarian/moderate frat boys ate that shit up). NOW, she's in NYC and even though she was only there for 3 months before the city went into lockdown, she decided to move to one of the nicest and whitest neighborhoods in Manhattan, essentially removing herself from experiencing any other diverse parts of the city. Harlem isn't dangerous, Ashley, and it's so much cheaper -- but I get it, you want to live in Soho or Chelsea or wherever the fuck you are in downtown Manhattan.

She calls herself a feminist but denigrates other women and can't even stand up for those feminist values when she's dating a guy. She talks about being cat-called in LA for being Asian but can't say a single peep about Asian-Americans during COVID-19 or even during APAHM. She doesn't care about any of these values at all.

DONATE YOUR AMAZON AD MONEY TO BLACK LIVES MATTER, ASHLEY.

Hidden Content

I'm AMAZED she had the balls to say she didn't know racism existed this long or was this bad after something so recent as what happened to Freddie Gray. EVERBODY in 2015 Maryland knew of his death or the protests that ensued.That shit was on the news for well over a week on every news channel--WBAL, FOX, CNN, NBC, NPR, you name it--and there are hundreds of articles, studies and narratives on it from over the last 5 years. It got so much traction that even my relatives from Korea were calling us about it. There is just no way she could have possibly missed or ignored the Baltimore Uprising. What a bold faced lie.

My school in Baltimore City had to cancel classes for a week and do trauma-informed programminG for weeks after because that shit fucks with you BAD when you're Black in this godforsaken country. And that's just one school out of many in the city, let alone in the state. Even at her dad's workplace, you could literally see the Baltimore City skyline in flames from the top floor of UMBC's only campus library. There's no way her dad couldn't have possibly not had a conversation with his daughter on this shit, unless I'm expecting too much out of white ppl in Higher Education again.

She's carried her superficial outlook on life with her from MD to two of the largest cultural cities in the country. Tbh for someone who talks so much about how she's immersing herself in L.A. and NYC culture, Ash comes off as a complete tourist because she lacks cultural awareness and the willingness to push past her headspace. That's why she can't seem to vibe with anything except being White

Edited by washi_tape
grammar

Posted (edited)

OT but Ashley recently deleted ALL of her archived store sales, just a few days after the posts on how she resold her Rothy's PR. This is so shady and instantly comes across as Ashley trying to delete evidence of other PR she may have sold. Like she said she gets Dr Martens PR and there was also a pair of new docs that she sold on her store that just so happened to be her size... Her decisions to sweep things under the rug just make her look even more crooked and hypocritical.

store.png

wow, this would have to have happened only in the last few days. I was looking at her archived products maybe 4 or 5 days ago? she's also deleted her about page with her old bio (have a screenshot though). found some stuff saved on the wayback machine, I'll link below

https://web.archive.org/web/20200513081134/https://www.bestdressedstore.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20190808193933/https://www.bestdressedstore.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20180818173308/https://www.bestdressedstore.com/

https://web.archive.org/web/20190302001505/https://www.bestdressedstore.com/archive/

screenshot.png

Edited by honeypanda
trying to move image to spoiler section, i suck at this website lol