• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

bestdressed/ ashley

4798 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Interesting. Do they disclose the reason for selling or, similar to Ashley, ignore the comments altogether? 

Re: Disclosure

No, it's not mentioned in the depop listings, however, you could easily find the pieces on IG and see they were used in an ad or something. This one particular influencer does a lot of content. I can imagine if she didn't sell stuff her closet would be packed. At least all the stuff she sells is very "on brand" for her. She also sells under her IG username and mentions when she's updating her depop. She's very open about her job as an influencer though and connects with fans a lot, does giveaways every week and more.

I think it's just Ashley's approach that rubs people the wrong way. She gives nothing to fans, but then tries to use her fame for more monetary gain. Hence why she didn't have her name under an alias- she was hoping to sell more because it's Ashley of bestdressed selling it. Sells her fashion PR gifts on depop but hardly creates any fashion related content these days. Rarely ever does a giveaway. Her whole approach is really distant and cold. She could be more thankful to those who got her where she is today, being enthusiastic about it doesn't make you less cool.

Edited by Bookworm88
Clarity

Posted

My prediction is that she will thrift a bunch of over the top, ridiculous stuff and flip them to look even more all over the place just to show how artsy and quirky she is, and we'll never see her wearing those pieces again. 

Posted

Guys I think her cooking skills are improving, she nailed the charcoal basil ratatouille!

Screenshot_20200524_025534_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_20200524_025536_com.instagram.android.jpg

Posted

Bonus: Cue some side comment putting other women down or making Ashley better than others just minutes after she gave her feminism/double standards speech

Oooh. We should make a drinking game with ashley's videos

• Take a sip anytime she says "picnic bitch", "smol bean"
  • Finish your drink every time she puts down someone, brings up her degree, take her ~big sister voice~ to talk about ~important issues~ such as capitalism, feminism and [insert word ending with -ism]
  • BUY ALL THE DRINKS every time SHE IMPLIES SHE HAS SEX!!!1!1!

Posted

Ewwww wtf why is her bra on a floor that she wears shoes on? Especially in the middle of a pandemic :alpacaworry:?? She could’ve at least moved it out of the frame for the picture, I’m usually fine with her dirty socks and whatever but this is actually so disgusting.

8E42F414-1084-4D3F-8F58-839896D812A3.jpeg

Posted

Ewwww wtf why is her bra on a floor that she wears shoes on? Especially in the middle of a pandemic :alpacaworry:?? She could’ve at least moved it out of the frame for the picture, I’m usually fine with her dirty socks and whatever but this is actually so disgusting.

8E42F414-1084-4D3F-8F58-839896D812A3.jpeg

god, why does she feel the need to even bring attention to it too??? literally what is wrong w her

Posted

Oooh. We should make a drinking game with ashley's videos

• Take a sip anytime she says "picnic bitch", "smol bean"
  • Finish your drink every time she puts down someone, brings up her degree, take her ~big sister voice~ to talk about ~important issues~ such as capitalism, feminism and [insert word ending with -ism]
  • BUY ALL THE DRINKS every time SHE IMPLIES SHE HAS SEX!!!1!1!

You trying to kill everybody with alcohol poisoning? Not cool.

Posted

You trying to kill everybody with alcohol poisoning? Not cool.

Let me help you all out with that, I raise additional drinking rules:

• Take a sip anytime Ashley mentions some mental health issues she is struggling with in a joking way that clearly indicates a need for professional help
  • Take a sip anytime she either says "Neeew Yoooork, beeeebii!" or she mentions something very basic that makes her feel like "a real New Yorker already!"
  • Finish your drink every time she says "my unhealthy obsession with X"

I find it super interesting how many videos about Ashley pop up right now. I guess some just try to catch the wave, but it also feels like a lot of people were sitting on some opinions and realised they were not the only one having them. I find it also interesting that a good part of the vids are made by Asian women. So my guess would be that there are quite some people rather critical of Ashley and she is mostly adored by her young fan base. 

Posted

A bit irrelevant, but I miss her without bangs. She looks SO pretty.

Screen_Shot_2019-08-30_at_11.19.41_PM.th

Screen_Shot_2019-08-30_at_5.43.09_PM.thu

Screen_Shot_2019-09-20_at_10.25.39_PM.th

Posted

I would also like to add why it is just such a bad move for Ashley to sell pr: She sold or at least try to sell multiple items from Marc Jacobs that were clearly gifts. Like this watch that costs over 400$ or the very perfume Ashley is advertising for MJ. She is literally one of the faces for this perfume  campaign and has a ongoing partnership with MJ for over a year, this brand got her into Fashion Week. In this case it is not simply selling some extra clothing from UO or another brand that was sent to her, selling expensive pr gifts from biggest and most influential brand partner.

the biggest yikes 

Posted

Let me help you all out with that, I raise additional drinking rules:

• Take a sip anytime Ashley mentions some mental health issues she is struggling with in a joking way that clearly indicates a need for professional help
  • Take a sip anytime she either says "Neeew Yoooork, beeeebii!" or she mentions something very basic that makes her feel like "a real New Yorker already!"
  • Finish your drink every time she says "my unhealthy obsession with X"

I find it super interesting how many videos about Ashley pop up right now. I guess some just try to catch the wave, but it also feels like a lot of people were sitting on some opinions and realised they were not the only one having them. I find it also interesting that a good part of the vids are made by Asian women. So my guess would be that there are quite some people rather critical of Ashley and she is mostly adored by her young fan base. 

take two shots when she says she’s a nerd/geek for something entirely mundane.

example: “im Such a geek for good lighting” “I’m SUCH a zippers nerd.” “I’m such a geek for good pockets. Why can’t women have pockets. Has anyone noticed that dresses don’t have pockets? I’m such a geek I’m so sorry. Just geeking ya know. Geeking over pockets”