• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

bestdressed/ ashley

4791 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Agree. I wouldn’t say she’s filthy rich but moving to NYC on a whim is not something someone who didn’t have a lot of disposable income could do all willy-nilly. 

Yea I think even if she's not the richest person in the world she def is comfortable where she doesn't need to be selling PR. 
Sidenote since she's moved to ny the clothing she's been wearing is super expensive too. I was lurking the instagram dresslikebestdressed (I'm sure a lot of her fans follow) and wow the clothing she is wearing is pretty pricey lately. 

Edited by sheeeesh
fixed quote

Posted

it’s kind of funny how the videos exposing her more problematic behavior were posted around the same time

Posted

it’s kind of funny how the videos exposing her more problematic behavior were posted around the same time

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more start to pop up in the next few weeks :alpacabored:

Posted

kind of OT but I came across this girl on tiktok- 

https://vm.tiktok.com/wsxtHe/

-who is the almost complete opposite of ashley. both graduated film school, moved to ny but that’s where the commonalities end. 

it’s kind of weird to see someone start off at the same point just about as her but actually thriving in it. it’s like what ashley acts as though her life looked like but doesn’t actually put any effort into being that. just makes me more tired of her ‘holier than thou’ attitude as if there aren’t people all over the world doing the same exact thing ~but better~

Posted

If she asks for permission wouldn't be normal to say it publicly? I mean, she's deleting all the comments asking about the PR sold on Depop. If she really asked for permission to sell it, she wouldn't have any problems addressing it... 

Yeah, I agree, she definitely didn't ask for permission. I don't even think it is a general thing to ask or inform a brand of the intention to resell their pr gifts. After all, you are the advertiser, your job is to get people to buy a certain item, if you get rid of the item yourself it doesn't really bring the message across that it is something worth buying if you don't want to keep it. And yeah, ultimately as an influencer you can't keep all the stuff you are gifted, but it is your job to influence and to advertise, it is part of your person online, so linking yourself/your persona to selling the exact things you advertised not to long ago is just being bad at your job in the end. 

As Momobee said, her deleting her Depop and never acknowleding it shows that she feels like she did something wrong and got caught. Otherwise she could have just replied to the person from pull/gg messaging her on depop with "oh, it's cool, I have permission to sell it!".

And as I said before, it would have been so much better for her to donate these things to a good cause, giving charities a platform by talking about them, inspire other people to also donate something and getting good pr in the end, that's also a way to "invest" the money she would have made otherwise by selling the pr gifts.

Yea I think even if she's not the richest person in the world she def is comfortable where she doesn't need to be selling PR. 
Sidenote since she's moved to ny the clothing she's been wearing is super expensive too. I was lurking the instagram dresslikebestdressed (I'm sure a lot of her fans follow) and wow the clothing she is wearing is pretty pricey lately. 

She also said in her apartment hunting in NYC vid, that she spend roughly 10k for her move, accounting for the moving company, apartment hunting and her apartment deposit, someone being able to shell out 10k for a just for fun move and exclusively focusing on living in Manhattan is not someone struggling for money. She mentioned before how she spend 600$ for a pair of shoes and in her bullet journal video she had a video idea written down, reading "how I spend 400$ just on plants" (which she btw had to leave in LA) and yeah, I also noticed that she is wearing more and more expensive clothes. This is not someone, who is in need of a free hundred bucks from selling pr gifts. 

I mean, I can understand wanting to hustle and I still tend to buy groceries that are cheap and on sale instead of nicer brands, even though I could probably afford them, because I lived for years with very little money. But Ashley was never broke-broke, Ashley comes from a family that is actually so proud of being financially stable and comfortable that her mother writes articles about it. And it is totally normal to have less money as a university student and being on a budget. All her spendings indicate that she isn't on a budget for some time now and there is and was no reason for her to sell pr gifts to help her out with her budget.

Not to mention that it is not the smartest idea to sell pr gifts on a profil and on your personal web shop, which are linked to your online persona. She could have sold stuff under "A. Rous" and with a picture that wasn't showing her face or with an entire different name, so that her real name just comes up in the shipping information for the buyer.

Posted

Re: reselling PR—I’m sure she asks for permission from brands (or at least made them aware that it was a possibility) at the start of the partnership. Since she’s promoting “sustainable fashion,” which includes reselling to avoid consumption of new material, I’m sure she’s asked or at least included it in the discussion. 

That being said, it’s still tacky as hell. She can always donate them to people in need. 

I follow a couple of influencers who sell their PR, but they don't have as big a following as Ashley. They also create a lot of fashion content and show OOTD, styling videos, etc. Some of the stuff is higher end but most is affordable. So I'm on the fence on whether I should be outraged lol. One of them is more middle class, the other obviously has more bougie taste (albeit probably still isn't as well off as Ashley).

I wouldn't care so much that she sells the PR *IF* she actually uses it to create relevant content (one IG ad post isn't the content I'm talking about). I mean some of the things she sold it looked like she didn't even try to use before turning around and reselling and that's where it becomes distasteful. 

OT but selling those Rothy's for $25, wow someone got a deal!

Posted

in her "how I make that bread video" I swear to god her monthly expenditures were around 3000 to 4000 a month. She doesn't need the money if she's spending that much money each month. her fans will literally pull any reason of their asses to defend her. 

Posted

who here called it lmao, we were complaining about her not appreciating fans and fanart in particular a few pages ago, and now for the first time she posts fanart.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 13.25.20.jpg

Posted

If she asks for permission wouldn't be normal to say it publicly? I mean, she's deleting all the comments asking about the PR sold on Depop. If she really asked for permission to sell it, she wouldn't have any problems addressing it... 

I had no idea she was deleting comments. That's a game changer, and some next level bullshit.

I follow a couple of influencers who sell their PR, but they don't have as big a following as Ashley. They also create a lot of fashion content and show OOTD, styling videos, etc. Some of the stuff is higher end but most is affordable. So I'm on the fence on whether I should be outraged lol. One of them is more middle class, the other obviously has more bougie taste (albeit probably still isn't as well off as Ashley).

Interesting. Do they disclose the reason for selling or, similar to Ashley, ignore the comments altogether? 

Posted

Agree. I wouldn’t say she’s filthy rich but moving to NYC on a whim is not something someone who didn’t have a lot of disposable income could do all willy-nilly. 

Re: reselling PR—I’m sure she asks for permission from brands (or at least made them aware that it was a possibility) at the start of the partnership. Since she’s promoting “sustainable fashion,” which includes reselling to avoid consumption of new material, I’m sure she’s asked or at least included it in the discussion. 

That being said, it’s still tacky as hell. She can always donate them to people in need. 

well then why didn't she include a note saying that she is fo sustainable fashion and does not want to over consume ? That would even appeal more people to buy? Versus saying that it is a bit small for her like just someone trying to sell things on poshmark 

Regarding selling PR, tbh I don’t think any company would agree to the influencer selling their products. If a customer is going to buy their products, they should be going to the company, not to the influencer. The influencer’s job is to take pictures with the PR products and post them on social media, that’s it. I worked in different retail shops before, the shops do sponsorships and send PR products but I’ve never heard of them letting influencers sell the products. Sometimes if it’s a designer brand (when the item is super expensive or limited edition) the influencer actually has to return the product after taking pictures and getting paid for the collab.

There’s no way a company would agree to Ashley selling their products, that’s why she’s sneakily selling them on depop, but not on her bestdressed store. 

Not to mention, it’s disrespectful to the company that she’s selling the products, like she doesn’t even have a slight interest in the product she’d just sell it. Tbh I think some influencers would sell PR too, but they probably won’t be stupid enough to sell it on a depop account with the real name lol at least make a fake account or use their friends’ accounts to sell them so the company wouldn’t find out.

yeah exactly !! She already got paid for promoting the products!! That is not like the brands gave her stuff for free. This is so unethical. Ashley's greed for money and pettiness has not limit :(

Posted

well then why didn't she include a note saying that she is fo sustainable fashion and does not want to over consume ? That would even appeal more people to buy? Versus saying that it is a bit small for her like just someone trying to sell things on poshmark 

As Momobee said, her deleting her Depop and never acknowleding it shows that she feels like she did something wrong and got caught. Otherwise she could have just replied to the person from pull/gg messaging her on depop with "oh, it's cool, I have permission to sell it!".

As mentioned earlier, I had no idea she was deleting comments BUT I've worked with a fashion brand before and there are, surprisingly, a lot of weird conditions in contracts. I also have a friend who's an influencer and she doesn't sell her PR, but she was "encouraged" not to donate them as she the brand didn't want to be associated with people who aren't their market. (Yes, they're assholes, but they're in brand management. Comes with the territory.)

So, all in all, we have no idea. It could even be that she didn't even get the stuff she's selling as free, goodwill PR packages, but actual influencer marketing? Specifically for Rothy's, they probably sent her a package and paid her to post, but she can do whatever she wants with whatever they sent her as it's already outside of the agreement.

I'm not saying she's not shitty for doing it, or that she's not shady for hiding it, I'm just saying we don't know the full story.