• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

bestdressed/ ashley

4790 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

my two cents on her predicament: 

1. ashley laid the foundation of her youtube career on half truths and lies - she's lucky that it took so long for her house of cards to topple over and that her fans are only just now realising how dishonest she is.

2. ashley assigns a false narrative to her entire life: the reason that people are able to sniff our her lies so easily is because her entire narrative is a lie. influencers are popular because they sell their authentic narratives, not the idea of who they are. 

3. ashley is guilty of monetising her suffering, which is part of why she's become a meme and persona of herself. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxLKuPtQND0

Edited by slowtiger112
clarifying a point :)

Posted

a lot of youtubers and entertainers have degrees. I dunno why Ashley thinks this is worth calling out all the time. Maybe she has a stereotype of anyone in the entertainment / fashion / beauty as being dumb. But nowadays everyone has a degree....

chloe ting has her masters but she literally only mentioned it once in an assumptions video. 

Literally this!! Like Jenna Marbles I think has a masters degree in psychology. And other YouTubers I know have completed college but rarely mention their degrees unless somebody asks in a Q &A or it relates to a topic

Posted

She says that her "only creative outlet" is making outfits and taking pics of them but why isn't she filming them and then making videos of them???? 

what kind of complex does she have? nothing she does ever makes sense 

Posted

honestly... is anybody else relieved she didn't come after their favorite shows. it would have been excruciating to hear her downgrade talk about shows i enjoy for their artistry and depth. 

she did with mine 😭😭 she’s honestly not a nice person, simple as that

Posted

Why is this Ashley tho

CD9713CC-41F4-4261-897B-A2717B3E766E.png

Posted

Why is this Ashley tho

CD9713CC-41F4-4261-897B-A2717B3E766E.png

OT but we do need to talk about the Jia Tolentino drama, I'm curious what people think

Posted

a lot of youtubers and entertainers have degrees. I dunno why Ashley thinks this is worth calling out all the time. Maybe she has a stereotype of anyone in the entertainment / fashion / beauty as being dumb. But nowadays everyone has a degree....

chloe ting has her masters but she literally only mentioned it once in an assumptions video. 

*Simply Nailogical laughs at the back*

The thing that bothers me the most is how she thinks she's above everyone else just because she's a film major, yet she can't make a concrete in-depth analysis about TV shows for God's sake??? Her so called analysis was either "female power" or "if you're feeling nostalgic" while rambling about other things that weren't necessary.

Posted

I wonder if she says things that she truly thinks are controversial or she is always 20 years too late. Like “girls shouldn’t be shamed for liking pink!!!” 

these are lukewarm takes at best even in 1995

Posted (edited)

*Simply Nailogical laughs at the back*

The thing that bothers me the most is how she thinks she's above everyone else just because she's a film major, yet she can't make a concrete in-depth analysis about TV shows for God's sake??? Her so called analysis was either "female power" or "if you're feeling nostalgic" while rambling about other things that weren't necessary.

I’m sorry, but there’s a general misconception that people after few years of studying are exceptionally smart. I’m finishing my fourth year at the university, I’ve studied two faculties and although studying is my passion and I’m dreaming about pursuing an academic career, I have to say studies only show how little do I know. Two years at the university - that’s not a lot. Self motivated person can do more without them during this time. She is basically lacking a lot even if the field is her passion.

Edited by Haeltide

Posted

I’m sorry, but there’s a general misconception that people after few years of studying are exceptionally smart. I’m finishing my fourth year at the university, I’ve studied two faculties and although studying is my passion and I’m dreaming about pursuing an academic career, I have to say studies only show how little do I know. Two years at the university - that’s not a lot. Self motivated person can do more without them during this time. She is basically lacking a lot even if the field is her passion.

Absolutely, I've learned more in the past few months doing OSINT and research than in a good chunk of undergrad. It's all about the application of that knowledge. And since Ashley doesn't apply any of her film knowledge, the only way she knows how to sound smart is by blasting her "credentials" rather than making novel arguments or speaking with substance 

Show, don't tell! 

Posted

There's a lot of statistics that back up the fact that people who go to university (even though depending on which one, what program, etc.) usually are above average in terms of intelligence, and even with hard work it's still hard to get perfect scores across every subject, so I think that academically speaking, the girl is definitely smart. Those statistics are a bit different in the US I'd assume, because a lot of their education is gatekept by monetary investments that not every person can make. However, once you graduate and leave the university with your degree- that's about it. University is largely about giving credentials and meeting minimum requirements to obtain it, not about the maximum of knowledge or experience you actually have or would be capable of. That's all on the individual. A degree means very little unless the degree itself speaks for it (say, a very small, prestigious program or something).

She is actively dumbing herself down by sitting around doing nothing, nothing in her video requires nor showcases her knowledge about film in any capacity, and if she is using her credentials to no avail like that then that's because she needs the credentials to prove her knowledge- without showing any knowledge, to an audience that requires no proof. It's sad tbh