• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

bestdressed/ ashley

294 posts in this topic

Posted

I just wish instead of removing the bat sleeves from the yellow dress she had left them alone, and had taken off the first two panels of the skirt (white and gingham), sewing back the last (longer) white panel to the waist and making it a shorter dress. The paneled skirt made it look kinda costume-y, and I'm not a fan of long skirts either... The cardigan was a fail, as Ashley herself said, but surprisingly it wasn't the worst item after transforming. And regarding the blue "dress", idk how she could wear that in public when it's barely a blouse.

I think this thrift flip video was overall of bad quality and pretty rushed. I don't care if she doesn't upload as often as long as she keeps up a bare minimum of quality, and this wasn't it. Even the styling felt... Off? As in, really low effort; she could have gone full Ariana with the blue "dress" (go big or go home, right?), or picked up the Courtney Love route with some chunky combat boots and fishnet stockings, but it was just the same shoes and necklaces of the first dress, with a slightly different purse.

Posted

none of those items she made were wearable or even nicely made. every aspect of sewing or upgrading just looked like a really shitty diy instead of something anyone would want to wear.

Posted

none of those items she made were wearable or even nicely made. every aspect of sewing or upgrading just looked like a really shitty diy instead of something anyone would want to wear.

I feel she tries too hard to be edgy and fashionable but it all ends up looking like a jumbled mess. I wouldn't consider her a fashion icon.

Posted

I feel she tries too hard to be edgy and fashionable but it all ends up looking like a jumbled mess. I wouldn't consider her a fashion icon.

none of these e-popular girls are fashion icons, even Jeanne Damas. All their outfits are tacky or boring with boob pump and butt peek to try to save it lmao

Posted

Honestly I like watching her videos, some of her outfits are pretty cool, even if some are a miss. She seems pretty crafty too, and she seems like a decently sweet girl to me even if she's a bit of a try-hard.

But I do feel like she needs to make friends other than her boyfriend :/ I've been in her spot before (almost no friends, only spending time with boyfriend) and while it might feel nice at the time, it will suck MAJORLY if they break up. Suddenly she's going to have no one to turn to and her whole life will be flipped upside down. Breakups always suck, but if you have your own friends, hobbies and life you will be able to cope and move on much better. 

I have no ill will against her so honestly I hope she finds some cool friends in LA eventually. I think even if she makes 2 or 3 good friends she can vlog with once in a while she will be much more independent and happy. It sucks that it seems like she didn't make many friends at UCLA but college can be super overwhelming and it's hard to keep in touch at a huge school. 

Posted

Honestly I like watching her videos, some of her outfits are pretty cool, even if some are a miss. She seems pretty crafty too, and she seems like a decently sweet girl to me even if she's a bit of a try-hard.

But I do feel like she needs to make friends other than her boyfriend :/ I've been in her spot before (almost no friends, only spending time with boyfriend) and while it might feel nice at the time, it will suck MAJORLY if they break up. Suddenly she's going to have no one to turn to and her whole life will be flipped upside down. Breakups always suck, but if you have your own friends, hobbies and life you will be able to cope and move on much better. 

I have no ill will against her so honestly I hope she finds some cool friends in LA eventually. I think even if she makes 2 or 3 good friends she can vlog with once in a while she will be much more independent and happy. It sucks that it seems like she didn't make many friends at UCLA but college can be super overwhelming and it's hard to keep in touch at a huge school. 

And even if they don't break up, there comes a time where you need to hang out with friends because you can't stand to look at your significant other's face even if you want to be with them. I love my significant other, but sometimes he gets on my nerves! It's just part of the cycle of a relationship.

Posted

And even if they don't break up, there comes a time where you need to hang out with friends because you can't stand to look at your significant other's face even if you want to be with them. I love my significant other, but sometimes he gets on my nerves! It's just part of the cycle of a relationship.

Didn't she say that her sex drive was so high that she was annoying David because of how much she wanted sex? She's already annoying him with stuff like that at this point, and he seems to be pretty disrespectful at times like when Ashley said that he commented on how flat her ass was (or something about her appearance?) Even if that's a joke, i don't want to hear that from my own boyfriend. I saw someone else mention that it seems like a big part of their relationship revolves around sex and that perhaps he is just using her for sex and clout. Yes, sex is natural but you don't have sex with your significant other 24/7 lol. You spend most of you time as a couple getting to know each other and having fun. I think the reason why she talks so much about sex is because it makes her feel validated as a woman. She might also believe that sex is what makes a relationship good, and talking about it (even in crude and cringy ways) is her way of telling the world that her life and her relationship is all good. 

When she was looking for an apartment, she hinted at the possibility of David moving in even though they hadn't been dating for very long. She's getting a little too excited about this relationship, and while i understand that we are all kind of like that when we first get into a serious relationship, its just not healthy, especially when you have no friends and your family lives on the other side of the country. Its a perfect recipe for loneliness and depression once your partner leaves you. 

in response to whoever asked if she was attractive ... my answer is no lmaoooooo 

also so excited for her to live out her delusionally superior basic bitch dreams in nyc 😍😍😍

7208D882-E4D7-4806-AAB3-60881EDE37B4.png

Off topic but why does she insist on calling herself and David "parents"? Sis, you look 15 and your boyfriend looks 35. The only one who looks like a dad is David. Its like she knows he looks so much older than her so she tries to lump herself into that "parent" category to make it seem like they're this mature, older couple who both look older than they really are. 

Posted

also its just healthy to have different relationships--ideally, one should have a romantic relationship (unless they dont want one), friendships, AND some kind of familial relationship, and also some interaction/relationship with coworkers. it seems like ashley isnt connected to her family at all, doesnt have any friends, doesnt really have coworkers anymore, and spends all her time with david. its just not a healthy way to live your life, tied to one person. imo you don't really grow if you basically just latch onto one single person and its just a toxic thing to do (both for yourself and them). also since dating david, her content quality seems to have gone down for the most part so there seems to be some connection and its not a good path.

i really think ashley needs to work on her relationship with her family, get some friends, or even find office work/work in a group office space so she has other interactions that don't include david. 

even if they dont break up, its just unhealthy to be like that. theres a reason there needs to be a balance between having a life outside of the relationship and having a good relationship/connection with your SO and that applies when you're dating and when you're married as well. i hope ashley pushes herself to find other friends, ive honestly never known anyone like her who has literally no friends even back home (or does she?? shes never seemed to mention any) who she can talk with. i hope she tries to get out of her comfort zone more with people and try new things to meet new people.

Posted

Out of all the thrift flips in the video, the only good one was the sweater. The blue dress is so unwearable and just ugly looking.

I really wish she made the first dress into a shirt. It would have looked way better and wearable especially with the cute yellow tie in the back. :$

I honestly don’t think she’ll even wear the white/yellow dress at all. 

60E51644-E45C-40DC-9D06-2BBE26497531.png

BCDA543F-837E-4A0E-87FA-BBED59119893.jpeg

im sorry but this looks like some cheap country girl-type halloween costume