• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

bestdressed/ ashley

116 posts in this topic

Posted

I liked her recent vlog which was apartment hunting in LA. The rent was expensive, as expected, but that means she's doing pretty well via YouTube if this is going to be her main gig that pays her bills. 

Also would appreciate less of her boyfriend/less talk about him. What happens if they break up? Does she delete all the videos he was in? 

Posted

am i the only one who thinks she looks partly asian?

Posted

am i the only one who thinks she looks partly asian?

I'm pretty sure she's half

Posted

I liked her recent vlog which was apartment hunting in LA. The rent was expensive, as expected, but that means she's doing pretty well via YouTube if this is going to be her main gig that pays her bills. 

Also would appreciate less of her boyfriend/less talk about him. What happens if they break up? Does she delete all the videos he was in? 

kind of reminds me of michelle choi, who did a bunch of videos/vlogs with her bf where they were all lovey dovey (tho for me personally it was cringe and unappealing to watch)....then they broke up. 

idk ashley, catcreature, and michelle choi or whoever can do whatever they want i just feel like 1. its a bad idea, cuz if you break up now your audience is invested and will pry and maybe even not be interested in just you anymore and 2. its changing a channel from being about you/fashion/art whatever into a channel about you and your bf/your relationship, which is just....not what i want out of my youtubers *shrug*

also i always thought she was half korean cuz shes from the kind of k town of maryland

Posted

ashley has stated multiple times that she's actually half burmese and half british !

Posted

kind of reminds me of michelle choi, who did a bunch of videos/vlogs with her bf where they were all lovey dovey (tho for me personally it was cringe and unappealing to watch)....then they broke up. 

idk ashley, catcreature, and michelle choi or whoever can do whatever they want i just feel like 1. its a bad idea, cuz if you break up now your audience is invested and will pry and maybe even not be interested in just you anymore and 2. its changing a channel from being about you/fashion/art whatever into a channel about you and your bf/your relationship, which is just....not what i want out of my youtubers *shrug*

also i always thought she was half korean cuz shes from the kind of k town of maryland

OT but speaking of michelle choi can someone pls start a pull thread on her 

Posted

OT but speaking of michelle choi can someone pls start a pull thread on her 

would be fitting. home girl just hit 200k on yt. shes also moving to new york! 

Posted (edited)

I like her for the most part but oh lord she has a terrible voice. Its not just her way of speaking, she just has a really nasal voice. She sounds like how I sound when I have a really bad cold, only that she sounds like that all the time. All the self-deprecating comments do look very forced and she constantly acts like a girl who thinks she's quirky but states she is not for comedic purposes. In other words, she's an ironic quirky girl, if that makes sense. She does need to stop making it seem like she's poor. She did state in her apartment hunting video that she's been doing a lot better financially than before but she still complains a lot about money just to seem relatable. 

On a more positive note, I must say I was very surprised to see her talk openly about sex.  She has talked about masturbation, periods, and even talked about having sex with her current boyfriend (i forgot what his name is). Yeah, none of those topics are special, but i think for a young female youtuber who focuses on fashion it was pretty surprising to hear her talk about those things as she doesn't look like the type of person who would be open to such topics. Maybe that's why she still hasn't told her parents about her youtube channel? Do they even know she is moving, and if so, do they even know where she is getting the money from?

She has talked about her sister's eating disorder, which idk if its just me but that seems like a very private thing that maybe her sister or her family wouldn't like to hear her tell to thousands of strangers on the internet. She almost made it sound like it was about her. I understand it must be hard for her but I have family members with mental health issues and I know that if I had a youtube channel I wouldn't feel right talking about them like that. Maybe I'm just being oversensitive. 

I think she's a decent girl with a decent style. Her username is quite ironic (as she has stated herself) because I wouldn't exactly describe her as the best dressed girl. Her style is good, but pretty basic stuff that pretty much every instagram or LA girl wears. I just hope she doesn't become another Emma Chamberlain that lets the D level fame get to her. 

why do i always end up writing a fucking essay....

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

I was searching up her youtube channel on google and came across her linkedin profile. I did not know she edited videos for other creators as well. 

Posted

I was searching up her youtube channel on google and came across her linkedin profile. I did not know she edited videos for other creators as well. 

she's a high functioning working gal

Posted (edited)

I like her for the most part but oh lord she has a terrible voice. Its not just her way of speaking, she just has a really nasal voice. She sounds like how I sound when I have a really bad cold, only that she sounds like that all the time. All the self-deprecating comments do look very forced and she constantly acts like a girl who thinks she's quirky but states she is not for comedic purposes. In other words, she's an ironic quirky girl, if that makes sense. She does need to stop making it seem like she's poor. She did state in her apartment hunting video that she's been doing a lot better financially than before but she still complains a lot about money just to seem relatable. 

On a more positive note, I must say I was very surprised to see her talk openly about sex.  She has talked about masturbation, periods, and even talked about having sex with her current boyfriend (i forgot what his name is). Yeah, none of those topics are special, but i think for a young female youtuber who focuses on fashion it was pretty surprising to hear her talk about those things as she doesn't look like the type of person who would be open to such topics. Maybe that's why she still hasn't told her parents about her youtube channel? Do they even know she is moving, and if so, do they even know where she is getting the money from?

She has talked about her sister's eating disorder, which idk if its just me but that seems like a very private thing that maybe her sister or her family wouldn't like to hear her tell to thousands of strangers on the internet. She almost made it sound like it was about her. I understand it must be hard for her but I have family members with mental health issues and I know that if I had a youtube channel I wouldn't feel right talking about them like that. Maybe I'm just being oversensitive. 

I think she's a decent girl with a decent style. Her username is quite ironic (as she has stated herself) because I wouldn't exactly describe her as the best dressed girl. Her style is good, but pretty basic stuff that pretty much every instagram or LA girl wears. I just hope she doesn't become another Emma Chamberlain that lets the D level fame get to her. 

why do i always end up writing a fucking essay....

Made an account just to totally agree with you on every point you made!! So glad I'm no t the only one who thinks these things. I like her but at the same time I find her slightly insufferable lol. There was a time when she'd say "I'm ~feenin~ for that aesthetic", uses "f-cking" in an overly excessive and super awkward way, and throws in "spicy" more than she should. What bothered me was how hypocritical it was for her to talk about how broke she was but wear $530 Reformation x Byfar Becca boots in her IG posts (it was only just a little while ago that she stated she was making a better income). The eating disorder mention was definitely a bit odd and extremely personal too — I used to have an ED and I'd be furious if my own sister were to be so commercially open about it. Her style is just straight up trendy and sometimes sort of awkward in a try-hard way, and oftentimes veers into unoriginal territory. She def knows her angles too, she looks sort of different in a lot of her IG posts and videos (or maybe that's just me?) 

Edited by champagneglass

Posted (edited)

Made an account just to totally agree with you on every point you made!! So glad I'm not the only one who thinks these things. I like her but at the same time I find her slightly insufferable lol. There was a time when she'd say "I'm ~feenin~ for that aesthetic", uses "f-cking" in an overly excessive and super awkward way, and throws in "spicy" more than she should. What bothered me was how hypocritical it was for her to talk about how broke she was but wear $530 Reformation x Byfar Becca boots in her IG posts (it was just a little while ago that she stated she was making a better income). The eating disorder mention was definitely a bit odd and extremely personal too — I used to have an ED and I'd be furious if my own sister were to be so commercially open about it. Her style is just straight up trendy and sometimes sort of awkward in a try-hard way, and oftentimes veers into unoriginal territory. She def knows her angles too, she looks sort of different in a lot of her IG posts and videos (or maybe that's just me?) 

Tbh, im tired of all these "relatable" youtubers who are basically rich teenagers or 20 something year olds who are not relatable at all. I don't care that you have money, as long as you earned it yourself in an honest way so idk why they all feel the need to always say that their bank account is broke or some shit like that when they choose to splurge on something. Most people splurge on things, even when they could spend it on something better, we've all done it, just don't say that you're poor when you just bought a $530 pair of boots.

I actually do like her style, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it unique or different (as people in her comments and even on this thread have said). She straight up only wears things that are trendy, I don't see her wearing anything vintage despite selling vintage stuff on her overpriced store. 

This is a pretty shitty theory of mine but I think the reason why all these youtubers, Ashley included, always come up with some stupid phrase or word to say (in Ashley's case, "spicy") is so that when they come up with their shitty and overpriced merch they can put those phrases in there and everyone who buys it can be like "look, im part of the fandom and the only way to understand how this phrase or word is used is to be in this fandom". Its so stupid i know lol but why else are all these youtubers suddenly saying weird words constantly? Normal people in normal life don't usually have a word or phrase that they use so much as if they're a sitcom character. Wait, that's it! All these new wave of young youtubers trying to be quirky and relatable are really just trying to be sitcom characters to create a fandom. How much you wanna bet that Ashley will come up later on with stupid merch that says "spicy" or whatever other commonly phrases she uses? 

Edited by DreamyCat