• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

bestdressed/ ashley

435 posts in this topic

Posted

when i saw that post it was a definite confirmation for me that she DEFINITELY reads here 

Posted

what the actual heck is this make up look, The Battered Wife?? she's getting super lazy with her looks for a "Fashion" youtuber. andi can't believe she thinks she looks great in the photo.

think she reads here? ashley, drop the awkward and relatablebean act, it's not cute hun.

20190713_194039.jpg

I think she's actually going for igari (sp?) makeup, which is a Japanese blush trend but it does look a little weird. Tbh her makeup always bothers me a bit, but I can never tell why  

Posted

I think she's actually going for igari (sp?) makeup, which is a Japanese blush trend but it does look a little weird. Tbh her makeup always bothers me a bit, but I can never tell why  

She looks fine in her videos, personally. I think she just edits herself to look so ruddy.

Posted

actually I think she’s stated in one of her videos that she filters/edits her photos so all the red tones are extremely saturated, as she’s allegedly too lazy to wear lipstick (despite the fact she’s literally a fashion youtuber?). It probably ended up brightening her blush to the point where she looks busted af.

Posted

Did anyone watch her "geeking out about movies" video? I'm tempted to but I just know it would make me irrationally angry because it'll be like "Her", Wes Anderson, whatever other indie shit or her trying to be edgy... 

Was I the only one really annoyed that she said that Fantastic Mr. Fox was claymation? I could be wrong, but I don't remember it having clay figures. I thought they were (non-clay) puppets? 

Posted

Was I the only one really annoyed that she said that Fantastic Mr. Fox was claymation? I could be wrong, but I don't remember it having clay figures. I thought they were (non-clay) puppets? 

I think it's technically both because I know that the puppets bodies were sculpted from plasteline clay but they had ball and socket joints and a mechanical skull so the animators could control their movements so I guess that makes them clay puppets? 

Posted

when i saw that post it was a definite confirmation for me that she DEFINITELY reads here 

she absolutely does! esp because she’s monitoring the YouTube comments like other people mentioned. 

also i thought it was interesting that she made an insta story saying that she didn’t want to share every detail of her life anymore and to “enjoy your life kids”. 

I feel like ever since she hit one mil/graduated YouTube has been taking more of a toll on her. I have a feeling she’s going to transition out very soon. Either that or she might take a significant time off/change her upload schedule. 

PS- does anyone else hate it when she addresses the audience as kids? Lol like I’m sure most of her followers are in their 20s 

Posted

she absolutely does! esp because she’s monitoring the YouTube comments like other people mentioned. 

also i thought it was interesting that she made an insta story saying that she didn’t want to share every detail of her life anymore and to “enjoy your life kids”. 

I feel like ever since she hit one mil/graduated YouTube has been taking more of a toll on her. I have a feeling she’s going to transition out very soon. Either that or she might take a significant time off/change her upload schedule. 

PS- does anyone else hate it when she addresses the audience as kids? Lol like I’m sure most of her followers are in their 20s 

i know, right? she usually posts on her instagram stories/posts before, but I’m guessing she reads this thread because now she has been keeping it kinda low key on her instagram stories, hence her “enjoy your life kiddos” story. 

i think only a few of her followers knew she was on VidCon this year? idk if she made a story/post about it, i may have missed it. 

2DE551E9-0737-4E89-AF69-3F34DF2AA6FE.png

Posted

Did you guys see this? OMG

Posted

Hopefully she sees the video and stops with the sex jokes, they're so cringe.

Posted

LOL :feelgood:

Posted

I already knew she always had to add a reference to her sex life, but hearing half of them in one video really shows how annoying she really is. 

I skimmed past all the sex references in her week without a phone video just to find how odd having your watch over a long sleeve is. 

696CDA2A-F8AC-4EA3-AC91-E107F9D1972B.png

Posted

I already knew she always had to add a reference to her sex life, but hearing half of them in one video really shows how annoying she really is. 

I skimmed past all the sex references in her week without a phone video just to find how odd having your watch over a long sleeve is. 

696CDA2A-F8AC-4EA3-AC91-E107F9D1972B.png

that watch would bother me so much, it's almost on the same level as getting your long sleeves wet when you wash your hands

eeeeek

Posted

This is so true 

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 6.01.00 PM.png

It is true, and maybe the white worship aspect does come into play with Ashley but personally I wonder if it's just massive insecurity on her part. I've had a few friends who had a lot of time being looked over since they hung out with super attractive girls (so they were put in the "ugly friend" category like that movie) and then when they went to college and found a guy who was into them, they were head over heels in love and clingy and super attached. One I can think of is still dating the guy who, imho, treats her like trash or at least like less of the queen I think she is and I think that's largely because he's one of the first guys who's given her that kind of attention. Kind of like the catholic school girl trope (once they get freedom to hook up they turn into sex fiends) maybe its like Ashley's been used to being the nerd friend girl viewed asexually and so when she gets attention from a guy who views her that way, she's willing to overlook a lot of stuff and be obsessive and clingy? Idk. But I do think her insecurity is a major factor in why she stays with/is so obsessed with David who is at the very least boring and at times seems to be a bit of a dick. 

I actually don't know too many Asian girls who have white worship (perhaps because I come from a very diverse hometown) so I just always hope it's not true, because it makes me sad for a lot of reasons but also because I wish it was a phenomenon that didn't exist.

I think the thing that Ashley really needs is to learn to value herself rather than seek validation from others. The internet seems like not a healthy choice for Ashley in particular, and I think it's evident by the way she's changed already after hitting 1mil.