• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

bestdressed/ ashley

294 posts in this topic

Posted

LMAOOO apparently she's uploading a ~how to find your style~ video today like every other fashion youtuber. this may or may not turn out to be a joke especially when she has no consistent, original style... a lot of her outfits are seriously not stylish or good (they actually look comical, costumey, and off) and as we've all said before, heavily rely on cues from unethical fast fashion trend stores like urban outfitters, nastygal, motelrocks, princess polly, and basic asf trendy posts she finds on the instagram explore page. but who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be a good video. 

Posted

LMAOOO apparently she's uploading a ~how to find your style~ video today like every other fashion youtuber. this may or may not turn out to be a joke especially when she has no consistent, original style... a lot of her outfits are seriously not stylish or good (they actually look comical, costumey, and off) and as we've all said before, heavily rely on cues from unethical fast fashion trend stores like urban outfitters, nastygal, motelrocks, princess polly, and basic asf trendy posts she finds on the instagram explore page. but who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be a good video. 

Indeed I am truly wondering what she is going to show case. When a youtuber like Freddy My Love or any of the pretty 'Should have been born in Paris' girls do a style video at least they have something consistent going on for them no matter how boring it might be.

I'm guessing she will still have some pointers to say, but i'm not sure if she actually tried them herself. She doesn't really have a style yet. But it would be lovely if that was the point of her video though. Might be too far fetched.

Posted

Did anyone watch her "geeking out about movies" video? I'm tempted to but I just know it would make me irrationally angry because it'll be like "Her", Wes Anderson, whatever other indie shit or her trying to be edgy... 

Posted (edited)

Did anyone watch her "geeking out about movies" video? I'm tempted to but I just know it would make me irrationally angry because it'll be like "Her", Wes Anderson, whatever other indie shit or her trying to be edgy... 

honestly i wish it was movies like her (even though there was a wes anderson movie on the list lmao). it was a mixture of pretentious, overrated stuff, as to be excected of a film student, combined with this really cheesy romcom shit... so basically her in a nutshell lol. there were maybe two movies on that list that were actually kind of interesting and thought provoking. 

Edited by paya

Posted (edited)

So I've watched her new video and it's exceptionally lovely. She has some great pointers towards the way to find your own specific style by looking at your own wardrobe, singling out what you already own and what you love about them to build a wardrobe around it. Sure some of the points were fairly obvious but she presented them in an interesting way and her aesthetic in the video was really nice. Her hairstyle was also quite cute!

She also advises against shopping until you drop, and buying things that don't make you comfortable. She had some great tips for being confident with your fashion sense and not letting other people their comments get you down. I think there are young/insecure people that could really benefit from this video. As per usual, her solo videos are the best.

As far as I heard there was only one sexually themed joke and it was in regards to Tumblr their censorship. To be honest this joke was a bit bland but funny enough, and definitely not overboard whatsoever. A+ for you!

Edited by mrs_christie

Posted

this video brought me back to pre-david and pre overloaded sex jokes day. It was refreshing. You think she reads this thread?

also I also david comment on her video and i hope he doesn't start vlogging. super cringe. 

Posted

this video brought me back to pre-david and pre overloaded sex jokes day. It was refreshing. You think she reads this thread?

also I also david comment on her video and i hope he doesn't start vlogging. super cringe. 

Seeing as she also closely monitors her comment section, she very likely does. I mean, I would read my thread if I had one here. It's simply unavoidable curiosity.

I suppose she is 'lucky' in the sense that she is not really problematic (Yet, and hopefully not in the future) and that this is basically a thread of active constructive criticism and even clear support. 

Posted

honestly i wish it was movies like her (even though there was a wes anderson movie on the list lmao). it was a mixture of pretentious, overrated stuff, as to be excected of a film student, combined with this really cheesy romcom shit... so basically her in a nutshell lol. there were maybe two movies on that list that were actually kind of interesting and thought provoking. 

oh man i finally watched it

first, it was super odd how she kind of minimized the racial aspect of Sorry to Bother You and basically said it was mainly about capitalism. like she did eventually go into it a bit, but to me that movie was 70% racial issues and 30% capitalism (but capitalism also related to the race issues so)

also im sorry but snowpiercer i was so excited about but it was such nonsense. like nonsense plot hole after nonsense plot hole for shock value. i liked it but it was not like MIND BENDING OMGGGG SO DEEP AND THOUGHT PROVOKING

and also i love that she started out by sarcastically saying she's too pretentious to love avengers endgame but then chooses like inception, the social network, 500 days of summer, and other mainstream movies

and finally ha ha god i hate la la land it was probably one of the most infuriating movies i've ever had to sit through

I thought it was interesting that like the majority of her choices related to romantic relationships, in terms of why she liked them and when she watched them, as well as the general genre. For me, it's just not how I remember the time when I first watched a movie.

Also I expected some....insight into the movies? I don't know she basically just gave a basic synopsis and then told like the Rotten Tomatoes tagline of why people should watch the movies. It wasn't very in depth or original at all. I would rather than she chose a few films and went into great detail analyzing them and talking about what aspects she liked, the shots she liked, kind of her critique as well as an informative piece for people who didn't go to film school.

Idk I went to film school and most film students I know when going "in depth" in a movie aren't just like "here's this one quote I like" we can break down sound design, cinematography, camera angles, plot points, editing, dialogue, etc and go on and on and on about why we love certain movies or certain scenes in certain movies. So to me, this kind of thing wasn't really "geeking out" it was more just like "movies I recommend to my young viewers." Also I wish she went in depth because I find most movies I love have objective flaws so it's nice to talk about movies that aren't perfect but can still be appreciated for certain, specific reasons versus saying "this movie is perfect and great and has no flaws" (not that she was saying that, but it can be an inference some might draw from this kind of video). 

Idk her "analysis" just seemed very immature and naive a bit? And just a bit boring honestly. It didn't help that she was so oddly giddy about basically surface level descriptions of widely popular movies. I expected more from a film student. :/

Posted (edited)

I’ve been subscribed to Ashley for about a year because I enjoy thrifting videos and fashion altogether. I find her very pretty and kinda jealous that she has that body type that can pull off anything, but her quirky and self-depreciating jokes always seemed forced and annoying to me. She just reminds me of those kids at school who are the only ones who laugh at their own jokes and tries really hard to seem cool and hip to make friends. 

I get that she wants to be those relatable YouTubers but naming one of her videos like this is really something :B57B0214-B7DF-4E86-B2DE-FBF8CE60D978.thu

In one of her outfit idea videos, some of the outfits were very questionable. They just looked like she dressed herself in the dark.  [I’m just mentioning this because that one striped turtle neck with a low cut and short sleeve dress still haunts me at night.]:/

Ashley is not a bad person. I like her editing style and her aesthetic, but she thinks she’s different from other girls who are just the same as her. 

C34787AE-2F84-42F8-8868-31013BB2CB01.png

7EF14FA7-83A6-4768-B1F2-CB882B3DBFE2.png

9B26E782-F819-4BC4-96BE-D898610645A5.png

E0F5C65F-4558-4A17-9BE7-67F854032720.png

Edited by Kenodoxia
Format edit

Posted

I’ve been subscribed to Ashley for about a year because I enjoy thrifting videos and fashion altogether. I find her very pretty and kinda jealous that she has that body type that can pull off anything, but her quirky and self-depreciating jokes always seemed forced and annoying to me. She just reminds me of those kids at school who are the only ones who laugh at their own jokes and tries really hard to seem cool and hip to make friends. 

I get that she wants to be those relatable YouTubers but naming one of her videos “ altering my clothes while bleeding out of my vagina” is something. 

In one of her outfit idea videos, some of the outfits were very questionable. They just looked like she dressed herself in the dark.  [I’m just mentioning this because that one striped turtle neck with a low cut and short sleeve dress still haunts me at night.]:/

Ashley is not a bad person. I like her editing style and her aesthetic, but she thinks she’s different from other girls who are just the same as her. 

Oh my God those outfits are horrendous and try-hard. 

Posted (edited)

what the fuck is this shit LMAO.

i'd rather cut off those leaves behind her and wear those than this shit

Edited by MilkMe

Posted

Pretty sure I will have nightmares with these outfits.

Posted

I thought the first one was cute, but...

This. What is this.

Posted

the video had good tips for those who haven't really figured out their style yet! my one complaint is imo, her tastes in interiors isn't bad per se but wow is it BASIC (along with that super ugly choker she never takes off and space buns... no surprise there). i liked how she addresses potential obstacles people might find in trying out or easing into new styles; i felt the same hesitance and self-consciousness back in high school since it was such a contained environment. speaking of contained environments, she seems very absorbed into this (ahem white girl ahem) youtube sphere esp when she dropped summer, emma, and avrey's names.

and @Kenodoxia i'm so glad i'm not the only one who thinks her outfits are questionable, particularly in that video! she clearly ran out of ideas by then lmao. oftentimes, ashley is fashionable but she isn't stylish. 

oh man i finally watched it

Hidden Content

I thought it was interesting that like the majority of her choices related to romantic relationships, in terms of why she liked them and when she watched them, as well as the general genre. For me, it's just not how I remember the time when I first watched a movie.

Also I expected some....insight into the movies? I don't know she basically just gave a basic synopsis and then told like the Rotten Tomatoes tagline of why people should watch the movies. It wasn't very in depth or original at all. I would rather than she chose a few films and went into great detail analyzing them and talking about what aspects she liked, the shots she liked, kind of her critique as well as an informative piece for people who didn't go to film school.

Idk I went to film school and most film students I know when going "in depth" in a movie aren't just like "here's this one quote I like" we can break down sound design, cinematography, camera angles, plot points, editing, dialogue, etc and go on and on and on about why we love certain movies or certain scenes in certain movies. So to me, this kind of thing wasn't really "geeking out" it was more just like "movies I recommend to my young viewers." Also I wish she went in depth because I find most movies I love have objective flaws so it's nice to talk about movies that aren't perfect but can still be appreciated for certain, specific reasons versus saying "this movie is perfect and great and has no flaws" (not that she was saying that, but it can be an inference some might draw from this kind of video). 

Idk her "analysis" just seemed very immature and naive a bit? And just a bit boring honestly. It didn't help that she was so oddly giddy about basically surface level descriptions of widely popular movies. I expected more from a film student. :/

it's cool you went to film school! i couldn't get past most of the video bc i found her boring and also bc as i was skipping through it, it's so true that she literally names every single basic film school student movie on there like the sunset trilogy (which is def amazing, but still mainstream alternative). i was semi-hoping for films by like, tarkovsky, antonioni, derek jarman, or even godard, but then i remembered she's basic af despite being a proud ~film school nerd~ lol. 

Posted (edited)

what the actual heck is this make up look, The Battered Wife?? she's getting super lazy with her looks for a "Fashion" youtuber. and i can't believe she thinks she looks great in the photo.

think she reads here? ashley, drop the awkward and relatable bean act, it's not cute hun.

20190713_194039.jpg

Edited by Sailor_Mars