• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Can the mods interfere more when rule 7 is ignored?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I think alot of us agree that in the most popular threads rule number 7 is completely ignored by some users, for those who don't know this is rule number 7:

No derailing.

1. Excessive personal interjections and personal stories, unless in a general thread, are not allowed.

2. Be polite. Debate about a snowflake is encouraged, attacking another user is not ok. You can disagree with or criticize what other users say, but do not attack others.

I have seen alot of derailing in the popular threads especially in the Simply_Kenna thread and i'm asking if the mods can maybe try to interfere or atleast maybe give some users a time out. or a warning Alot of people are extremely derailing by tallking about themself or just repeating eachother. People also seem to complain in the thread when the users are "trying to be a mod" when they say to the user who derail to stop. The reason why they do this is because the mods here only seem to interfere when a whiteknight comes in a thread. I hope i don't sound to rude but PULL seems to be a very small site compared to other gossip sites so im wondering why it is that we almost never see a mod interfere, are there not enough mods?

Posted

i agree but also in a sense its a forum so i like to read everyones comments even if its personal. i think there comes a line between forum and news... i wish we were allowed to be more social because lets face it, the snowflakes themselves get really boring sometimes.

Posted

And i think there comes a line between your own private diary and forum. We already have general threads to  be social with eachother and talk about ourself, i think it's just very annoying when i want to read some drama about a snowflake and 80% is just users talking about themself, honestly i don't care about the other users personal life. It's clearly stated in the rules that personal talks should be in a general thread.

Posted (edited)

i agree but also in a sense its a forum so i like to read everyones comments even if its personal. i think there comes a line between forum and news... i wish we were allowed to be more social because lets face it, the snowflakes themselves get really boring sometimes.

I think there's a lot of opportunity to be social on the discord? And the general section of this website is super slow..

Edit: In general I feel like the staff needs to be a little more active/involved on the website. For example it's been 2 years since the new banner has been first discussed and Kenna needs desperately her own subforum..

Edited by Couture

Posted

I think that it more personal should stick to general threads as it gets kind of annoying when you can't find stuff about the snowflakes themselves but instead find boatloads of personal stories.

And as for the discord I beleive that it's more information oriented rather than socially oriented as they made sure that it was only members who have contributed and have been here for a couple months who get verified to access the discord

Posted

You can help us do this by reporting said posts. As you must know, the forum is huge and there are thousands of topics, we can't keep on top of everything at all times. If you see a post such as the ones you described, you can do your part by helping the PULL team find them and reporting them.

Posted

As Yuuna said, if you see any posts violating the rules, report them and we will at least look at the situation.

I'd like to point out, we also have three/four moderators at any given time for a site with over 20k members. This is absolutely not a small community, and we can't monitor every single thread.

We have a more lax moderation style, but you don't see every single ban that's issued. Most of the time we don't come barging into threads but will quietly ban troublemakers from posting going forward. 

Let me know if there are any other questions!

Posted

Alrighty then, be prepared for lots of reported posts then 

Posted

As Yuuna said, if you see any posts violating the rules, report them and we will at least look at the situation.

I'd like to point out, we also have three/four moderators at any given time for a site with over 20k members. This is absolutely not a small community, and we can't monitor every single thread.

We have a more lax moderation style, but you don't see every single ban that's issued. Most of the time we don't come barging into threads but will quietly ban troublemakers from posting going forward. 

Let me know if there are any other questions!

if that is the case shouldn't there be more mods or is their a reason for that

Posted

if that is the case shouldn't there be more mods or is their a reason for that

Having more mods still doesn’t negate the fact that these posts breaking the rules need to be reported so the PULL team can find them. If the users expect us to “just happen upon them” on our own, then of course most of them go unnoticed. Us noticing this sort of troublemaker without reports would only work if we had, for example, one mod per thread. We are not omnipresent beings, and as such, that’s what the report function is there for.

If you’re unclear on how to do that, here is a very helpful guide.

Posted

Ah I see I thought the original post was about stuff that was reported but not removed, my bad

Posted

Oh i didn't realise that not enough people were reporting posts i will be sure to try and report posts who break the rules.

Posted

Oh i didn't realise that not enough people were reporting posts i will be sure to try and report posts who break the rules.

Thank you very much, we appreciate it.

Posted

Alrighty then, be prepared for lots of reported posts then 

Honestly? I've repeated this over and over and over. We still barely get any reports. I'm not inundated with them. We'll get maybe one report a day. Please try to bring our attention to things that are an issue. Thanks.

Posted

Honestly? I've repeated this over and over and over. We still barely get any reports. I'm not inundated with them. We'll get maybe one report a day. Please try to bring our attention to things that are an issue. Thanks.

I reported a few already. Am I supposed to write down why it should be banned too? I just hit the ‘send’ button.