• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Jeon Somi

182 posts in this topic

Posted

I highly doubt it. At the end of the day, the company has to move on and make some money.  Unless we hear any news on delays it seems like her comeback is still on its way.

i sure hope it doesn't. yg and seungri being a damn mess better not jeopardize all the other hard working individuals in their company. yg is so shady, i want to see so many of their artists again . please

Posted

somi better debut and lee hi better get a comeback because yge is going to have to work overtime to compensate for the massive blows burning sun and seungri have caused them 

Posted

somi better debut and lee hi better get a comeback because yge is going to have to work overtime to compensate for the massive blows burning sun and seungri have caused them 

I'm actually kinda curious, do you guys think these recent scandals will actually affect yg and their artists/ sub label kids like Somi? Ik they've had scandals before but I wasn't around in kpop when most of them hit news and im not very familiar with kpop culture

Posted

also yg with tax evasion...

Posted

also yg with tax evasion...

YHS should really step down as CEO at this point... but I doubt he'll do it. They need someone who can manage their artists better who doesn't have a shady history of harassing them, giving them false promises, and entrapping them in their contracts. Not to mention the legal implications of what he's currently tangled in. 

I'm actually kinda curious, do you guys think these recent scandals will actually affect yg and their artists/ sub label kids like Somi? Ik they've had scandals before but I wasn't around in kpop when most of them hit news and im not very familiar with kpop culture

I heard yg's stock is falling, in the very least for now there seems to be residual consequences that are affecting the company as a whole.

YHS may have "fired" seungri, that doesn't erase his own dubious dealings

Posted

YHS should really step down as CEO at this point... but I doubt he'll do it. They need someone who can manage their artists better who doesn't have a shady history of harassing them, giving them false promises, and entrapping them in their contracts. Not to mention the legal implications of what he's currently tangled in. 

I heard yg's stock is falling, in the very least for now there seems to be residual consequences that are affecting the company as a whole.

YHS may have "fired" seungri, that doesn't erase his own dubious dealings

he never owns up to his lack of responsibility. the whole mixnine fiasco. always promising comebacks of artists which never happen even YEARS later. istg yg can’t focus on more than one group at a time. we get “quality over quantity” but many other companies can have their artists comeback multiple times and deliver amazing albums. stop relying on teddy to write every song. id love to see yg step down but i don’t know who would take his place rn

Posted

he's too egotistical and self centered to resign from his position, so they need to find a way to make him go away

and even then, i dont doubt him going around trash talking the company if they kick him out

Posted

i have been following somi since 16. i haven't liked her. not sure why. her personality maybe? 

Posted (edited)

Now that the Burning Sun scandal has blown up exponentially, and YG himself was almost voted off by the board, do you guys think Somi will be able to debut soon? Do you guys think she's now regretting her move? Even Blackpink's planned comeback is super late. I thought her move was a good decision for her before and was excited for her debut, but now I feel bad and wonder how much she wishes she'd just stayed at JYP and debuted with ITZY, even if the concept wasn't what she wanted (as 'girl crush' as ITZY's concept is, it's still quite young and cutesy and sweet in comparison to how edgy it could've been, probably because the members are all still teens). Now she's stuck in a plummeting company while watching her former peers break records and exceed expectations. I do think YG will be able to recover a lot eventually, but it might take years and even then.... It makes me really sad for her :/

Edited by druzy

Posted

Now that the Burning Sun scandal has blown up exponentially, and YG himself was almost voted off by the board, do you guys think Somi will be able to debut soon? Do you guys think she's now regretting her move? Even Blackpink's planned comeback is super late. I thought her move was a good decision for her before and was excited for her debut, but now I feel bad and wonder how much she wishes she'd just stayed at JYP and debuted with ITZY, even if the concept wasn't what she wanted (as 'girl crush' as ITZY's concept is, it's still quite young and cutesy and sweet in comparison to how edgy it could've been, probably because the members are all still teens). Now she's stuck in a plummeting company while watching her former peers break records and exceed expectations. I do think YG will be able to recover a lot eventually, but it might take years and even then.... It makes me really sad for her :/

https://kbizoom.com/korean-media-confirmed-that-yg-entertainment-was-kicked-from-big-3-the-official-big-4-empire-beginning-in-kpop

YG entertainment isn't part of the top 3 anymore either. 

Tbh if I was her I wouldn't be bothered actually. I'm pretty sure she'll be successful anyway. 

Posted

I read some comments somewhere, maybe on Netizenbuzz or one of these translation sites, of Korean people saying that Somi probably did something to piss JYP off so they decide to not debut her with ITZY. Tbh I feel like ITZY's concept is perfect for Somi, the whole girl crush vibe and strong dancing style. Idk why Somi would decide to leave on her own when she's the perfect fit for the group. 

Posted

https://kbizoom.com/korean-media-confirmed-that-yg-entertainment-was-kicked-from-big-3-the-official-big-4-empire-beginning-in-kpop

YG entertainment isn't part of the top 3 anymore either. 

Tbh if I was her I wouldn't be bothered actually. I'm pretty sure she'll be successful anyway. 

Meh, take these articles with a grain of salt. Not really a YG fan at all, but YG is still definitely up there. BlackPink is doing extremely well in Korea, their songs are literally every where and army guys are obsessed with them. And they still have Lee Hi as well. If they can make Lee Hi do another power ballad soon, they will shoot right back up because Koreans adore Lee Hi power ballads lol. Somi is definitely a good addition to their team and the scandals might even be beneficial for her, they will definitely want her to succeed and her debut to be flawless. Sure, Big Bang has a lot of problems right now, but I'm sure they'll manage without Seungri. They've gone through so many scandals and the Koreans have constantly somewhat forgave them, they'll listen to Big Bang even without Seungri. I don't agree BigHit should be in the Big 3 either. Once the BTS craze ends or dies down, they're out. TXT are literally "BTS's little brothers" and I don't feel they have anything else going for them really but we'll see.

Posted

Maybe Somi's dad was the one who pushed the idea of Somi leaving JYP and becoming solo bc he felt like his daughter has to be #1 or nothing lol

Posted

I kinda lost respect for her once she unfollowed Twice and used Woozi for clout.