• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jeon Somi

375 posts in this topic

Posted

YG as a person =/= YG entertainment

why tho? Out of the big 3 he's still the most involved in the actual operation and management of the company (compared to Park Jin Yong & Lee Soo Man). 

This will be my last post about this, don't want to derail this thread. I wish Soomi lots of luck for her debut.

Posted

Small update: Somi unfollowed Twice. Not sure if it's a big deal or anything but from an outsider's perspective, it really seems as if she's burning bridges. 

About the photo edit: I've noticed her nose shoop is inconsistent, so it's probably just her making a weird face or a bad snow edit.

Posted

Small update: Somi unfollowed Twice. Not sure if it's a big deal or anything but from an outsider's perspective, it really seems as if she's burning bridges. 

About the photo edit: I've noticed her nose shoop is inconsistent, so it's probably just her making a weird face or a bad snow edit.

That's kind of weird considering she'es friends with the girls from twice. I don't think it's really a big deal but just a little weird since it's coming from out of nowhere. Did you notice if she unfollowed anyone else??

Posted

That's kind of weird considering she'es friends with the girls from twice. I don't think it's really a big deal but just a little weird since it's coming from out of nowhere. Did you notice if she unfollowed anyone else??

I think last time I checked, she's still following some JYP artists like Suzy and Jackson, so maybe it was an accident?

Posted

No, but literally like 10 minutes ago she refollowed them-- they're at the top of her following list now. She was being called out a lot for it by Onces because to unfollow her friends just because she has a bad relationship with her old boss is wrong, but then again, following them insincerely is just as bad as well. I don't understand why she's being so shady these days (she's always been a little bit salty towards Twice, ie opening interview to P101) but to just be so open about hating everything JYP is too much. 

Posted (edited)

No, but literally like 10 minutes ago she refollowed them-- they're at the top of her following list now. She was being called out a lot for it by Onces because to unfollow her friends just because she has a bad relationship with her old boss is wrong, but then again, following them insincerely is just as bad as well. I don't understand why she's being so shady these days (she's always been a little bit salty towards Twice, ie opening interview to P101) but to just be so open about hating everything JYP is too much. 

Her unfollowing them seemed so out of the blue considering we haven't really heard from twice apart from their comeback date. Maybe she was planning on unfollowing a bunch of people but stopped once she got backlash from the fans. Just a theory tho.

Edit: People are saying it might've been a glitch on Twitter, but take that with a grain of salt. 

Edited by SimplySamy

Posted

I don't think her unfollowing Twice is a big deal. It's her account after all, and it's just IG lol

I think she just accidentally unfollowed them.

Posted

the black label has officially confirmed that her solo debut will be on may 1st. teddy is the producer of her song but that's a given. [link]

also about her unfollowing twice, i'm pretty sure that was just a mistake. somi and twice are close so i doubt that there's any bad blood between them. she refollowed them right after too. and even if it was intentional, it shouldn't be such a big deal. it's her account and there could be countless of reasons to unfollow someone without having negative intentions.

Posted (edited)

Edited by anastacia
False info

Posted

teddy better give her a decent song and not the thousandth reworking of a lesser gashina sound alike (COUGHjenniessoloCOUGH) as much as i love gashina solo is clearly the inferior ripoff of gashina and there can only be one gashina, and somi deserves better, so teddy please give us something new-ish

Posted

teddy better give her a decent song and not the thousandth reworking of a lesser gashina sound alike (COUGHjenniessoloCOUGH) as much as i love gashina solo is clearly the inferior ripoff of gashina and there can only be one gashina, and somi deserves better, so teddy please give us something new-ish

I'm afraid it's going to be something like gashina and solo like in my mind 90 percent chance it will be a basic af "power woman" song. But what can I say? We can only wait :/

Posted

i'm thinking that somi's solo will either be:

1. a gashina ripoff like solo

2. a blackpink reject song that won't be used for their upcoming comeback

i hope that i'm wrong but teddy isn't exactly known for his varied discography, especially these last few years.

Posted

^^ Teddy's songs are catchy, but they're definitely not "unique." He's been a producer under a company that's really demanded the same-sounds for so long that I think he's actually forgetting how to make anything else.

Also this is @ something that was said waay earlier and is a bit OT, but YG IS the CEO. 

Screenshot_2019-02-27_at_5.14.38_PM.thum

taken from YG site :http://www.ygfamily.com/company/ir_sub07.asp?LANGDIV=E

He has final say in everything, not to mention he's the main shareholder

Screenshot_2019-02-27_at_5.18.11_PM.thum

(ETC refers to public stocks in which a large number are not owned by a single company or individual). 

Anyways, YG 100% prioritizes Black Pink and he definitely forced back TBL's plans for Somi's debut. While he's not technically in charge of TBL, as the #1 stockholder of YG Ent (which includes TBL because as a sub. they don't have stocks) he gets to make the calls and is allowed to cancel/push back anything that isn't "in the best interest of the company" AKA interferes with BP's promotions.

Posted

somi unfollowed seungri, oh happy day!
on a serious note, do you think the mess with YG and Seungri will push back her debut date? 

Posted

somi unfollowed seungri, oh happy day!
on a serious note, do you think the mess with YG and Seungri will push back her debut date? 

I highly doubt it. At the end of the day, the company has to move on and make some money.  Unless we hear any news on delays it seems like her comeback is still on its way.