• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Jeon Somi

481 posts in this topic

Posted

And how does YG give off a more "pedo vibe" when JYP's youngest artists (Tzuyu, Somi, Natty) were constantly sexualized?

Yeah... I'm going to have to agree here. YG is certainly a creepy pedo but his underage female artists don't tend to be over sexualised massively. He debuted 25 year olds as well! And despite Minzy being 15 she wasn't *as sexualised* as much as pretty much any other kpop schoolgirl. I mean, this is faint praise obviously but still...

(Also you forgot Suzy on the JYP list of shame)

Posted

Lol G-Dragon smoking weed is more scandalous than Nichkhun driving drunk?

And how does YG give off a more "pedo vibe" when JYP's youngest artists (Tzuyu, Somi, Natty) were constantly sexualized?

JYP and YG are friends. birds of a feather stick together. Plus YG during mixnine  was totally checking out the girls on the show. YG covers for the fact that GDragon and Seungri are affiliated with people who associate themselves with gangs/red light district of Seoul. and Daesung killed someone in a car crash (partially not his fault but he was speeding well over the speed limit so he has some responsibility,,,). but this thread ain't about YG and JYP so i won't go on. 

Posted

Well, I'm just waiting hopefully in March or April, when Somi finally debuts. I'm placing my bets that she might go for a girl crush concept but with a little bit of an edge. IOI has done girl crush before, but since Somi is under the Black label, they might add some twists to her concept. 

Posted

Basically YG saw a clip of a 16 year old on TV, casted her into his company, and had her put into the gg Swi.T, which he purposely made fail because he didn't want other guys to like her and so that she would be financially dependent on a rich guy (him) and basically used this to manipulate her into dating him. At this point she was 21 and he was 33, and he said that the fact that she was short and the youngest member in the group is what really drew him to her. YG's a creep. 

Anyways, has anyone realized that YG has been collecting a bunch of half Korean trainees these days? Ella Gross, Han Byul, and Somi. That's three that we know about and not accounting for any of the others that are possibly in his dungeon. 

ew even Ella? seems creepy. YG is a big label but come on

Posted (edited)

She missed the bus with ITZY, fastest #1 win of a debuting girl group ever.

Edit: is there a K-Pop version of PULL?

Edited by itsadropbear
I has a question

Posted

She missed the bus with ITZY, fastest #1 win of a debuting girl group ever.

Edit: is there a K-Pop version of PULL?

Don't think so? I suppose a forum where people can besides just discussing K-pop also gossip and shittalk would be a absolute shitfest without a fuck ton of good mods lol. But there are some forums out there. Just search up kpop forum

Also I think saying well JYP is a creep or SM covered up this fuck up or just generally bringing up whatever the fuck other people/companies have done doesn't have anything to do with that YG is a creep. To call him a pedo is imo absurd and we should all refrain from throwing out accusations like that. But whatever other companies do has nothing to do with what YG does. 

Despite discussion about YG is good the discussion has drifted and this hasn't really much to do with Somi anymore.

Posted (edited)

Looks like Somi is giving us some behind the scenes action. Btw does her face seem a little odd to you guys??

Edited by SimplySamy

Posted

Basically YG saw a clip of a 16 year old on TV, casted her into his company, and had her put into the gg Swi.T, which he purposely made fail because he didn't want other guys to like her and so that she would be financially dependent on a rich guy (him) and basically used this to manipulate her into dating him. At this point she was 21 and he was 33, and he said that the fact that she was short and the youngest member in the group is what really drew him to her. YG's a creep. 

Anyways, has anyone realized that YG has been collecting a bunch of half Korean trainees these days? Ella Gross, Han Byul, and Somi. That's three that we know about and not accounting for any of the others that are possibly in his dungeon. 

Ella ain't a trainee. she's a yg2k (i think that's it) model. yg doesn't really pay attention to the model label since he doesn't know much about fashion, so Ella is fine 

Looks like Somi is giving us some behind the scenes action. Btw does her face seem a little odd to you guys??

hopefully this merges, but she's either making a weird face or edited it 

Posted

so her debut got pushed to may and is being produced by teddy. i guess it's because he has to focus on blackpinks comeback first since they need a longer setlist for coachcella etc

190DE881-A80A-4588-9F63-72F7B1A4D080.jpeg

Posted

Don't think so? I suppose a forum where people can besides just discussing K-pop also gossip and shittalk would be a absolute shitfest without a fuck ton of good mods lol. But there are some forums out there. Just search up kpop forum

A KPop version would be savage. It would be beautiful.

so her debut got pushed to may and is being produced by teddy. i guess it's because he has to focus on blackpinks comeback first since they need a longer setlist for coachcella etc

Not shocked, tbh. I think BPs push into the US is going to effect a lot of units within the company. Fairly sure it's going to be months before Rose's solo debut because of this.

I'm excited for Somi's debut but I wonder what kind of sound they are going to give her, considering her image has changed dramatically.

Posted

Umm firstly YG and THe Black Label aren’t even the same thing. YG doesn’t control the artists there as Teddy and Kush are the CEOs, it’s the same as when Tablo was the CEO for Higher Ground label but it closed down when he resigned. Also YG is not even the CEO for YG Entertainment, he is only the founder while his brother is the actual CEO. So assuming YG controls every single aspect of artists’ lives and comebacks is just wrong.

secondly this thread is about Somi so I don’t see why bringing up YG artists’ ”scandals” was necessary, it’s not like YG the company caused any of them (except park bom) as it was the individual artists’ private life. I don’t usually compare but since it’s already been done how can smoking marijuana possibly be worse than driving drunk on several occasions?

I don’t like how a lot of people jump on the hate YG bandwagon based on their artists having less comebacks. The artists have explained it themselves, BI of iKON said recently that in YG you have to push for your own comeback, actively produce songs, choreo, anything that can be presented to YG. This was how iKON got FOUR comebacks last year. 

And yes while YG himself is a bit of a creep it has nothing to do with how the label is run or how good it is for the artists. You can see how he actually cares about his artists (wishing ALL of them HB, buying dinner) though he doesn’t usually show it. And he doesn’t force anyone to starve themselves or get PS like *some* other companies do

rant over, downvote as much as you want but pls do your research as well

Posted

Umm firstly YG and THe Black Label aren’t even the same thing. YG doesn’t control the artists there as Teddy and Kush are the CEOs, it’s the same as when Tablo was the CEO for Higher Ground label but it closed down when he resigned. Also YG is not even the CEO for YG Entertainment, he is only the founder while his brother is the actual CEO. So assuming YG controls every single aspect of artists’ lives and comebacks is just wrong.

secondly this thread is about Somi so I don’t see why bringing up YG artists’ ”scandals” was necessary, it’s not like YG the company caused any of them (except park bom) as it was the individual artists’ private life. I don’t usually compare but since it’s already been done how can smoking marijuana possibly be worse than driving drunk on several occasions?

I don’t like how a lot of people jump on the hate YG bandwagon based on their artists having less comebacks. The artists have explained it themselves, BI of iKON said recently that in YG you have to push for your own comeback, actively produce songs, choreo, anything that can be presented to YG. This was how iKON got FOUR comebacks last year. 

And yes while YG himself is a bit of a creep it has nothing to do with how the label is run or how good it is for the artists. You can see how he actually cares about his artists (wishing ALL of them HB, buying dinner) though he doesn’t usually show it. And he doesn’t force anyone to starve themselves or get PS like *some* other companies do

rant over, downvote as much as you want but pls do your research as well

YG constantly humiliated 2ne1 for being "ugly"  when they were still active, just saying.

To me he's a scumbag through and through, and no one can convince me otherwise.

Posted

YG constantly humiliated 2ne1 for being "ugly"  when they were still active, just saying.

To me he's a scumbag through and through, and no one can convince me otherwise.

YG as a person =/= YG entertainment

Posted

190DE881-A80A-4588-9F63-72F7B1A4D080.jpeg

It makes sense why it got pushed back to May anyways. March is a literal bloodbath for popular idols coming back, with Blackpink. No reason to debut Somi then, when she won't get any traction or any chance of doing well, especially considering we have no idea exactly how many people will actually go through and support her debut by buying albums, or if the song's any good. 

Posted

Lol G-Dragon smoking weed is more scandalous than Nichkhun driving drunk?

Nahh Nichkun drunk driving is really bad. He could kill someone. Both drunk driving and smoking weed are scandalous for me.

By YG giving off pedo vibe, I mean his story with his wife, his reactions on TV (with CL) when watching minors perform. But I do agree with your point (JYP maknae line constantly getting sexualized). I also think that most kpop idols are sexualized even when they're minors, I mean, look at Hyuna's concept when she was only 16 years old... 

I'm not trying to say that other labels, like SM / JYP, are saints bc they're not XD. I'm just saying that imo, among the top 3, YG is the worst label in terms of environment and people.