• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Jeon Somi

525 posts in this topic

Posted

I still don't understand Birthday. Like you all remember that insta comments she posted somewhere right? That "The look JYP would never give me" or something like that. And then came Birthday which is basically an concept a lot like Itzy and in my personal opinion a bit cuter as well. Like what?? I'm not gonna get my hopes up except for the outfits because the styling probably can't get worse then last time lol 

Posted

So new episode came out just now. They showed a few previews of potential new songs, (timestamped 8:36)

The snippets are way to short so yea, but I really like the vibe of the watermelon song. Anyway I didn't really follow the produce series and other Somi stuff but did she always cry so much? 

Posted (edited)

Di y’all see her insta, she’s losing quite some weight. Which btw is non of my business but doesn’t that mean in kpop that the person or group is getting ready for a comeback? I’ve heard many idols say I’m on a diet to get ready for a comeback... I wonder if we are getting one soon.

The theory of her making her series flow into a comeback could make sense.

Edit: the episodes are every Saturday so I’d say it’s save to say she might be preparing something at the end of the series.

Edited by Yummmi

Posted

Di y’all see her insta, she’s losing quite some weight. Which btw is non of my business but doesn’t that mean in kpop that the person or group is getting ready for a comeback? I’ve heard many idols say I’m on a diet to get ready for a comeback... I wonder if we are getting one soon.

The theory of her making her series flow into a comeback could make sense.

Edit: the episodes are every Saturday so I’d say it’s save to say she might be preparing something at the end of the series.

I mean she is getting the Blackpink treatment of 1 comeback a year, so right about now seems good timing I suppose.

Posted

So new episode came out just now. They showed a few previews of potential new songs, (timestamped 8:36)

The snippets are way to short so yea, but I really like the vibe of the watermelon song. Anyway I didn't really follow the produce series and other Somi stuff but did she always cry so much? 

Yup, she cries on variety shows and Produce (but she does so in understandable circumstances like when she won). I honestly think if she's happy where she's at then that's what matters. A lot of people were hating on her for leaving JYP but then we wouldn't have ITZY like how they are now. There's probably a lot more that happens behind closed doors that we don't know about within companies especially with management. We also gotta remember there were others who left JYP before which says something. 

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/list-every-artist-left-jyp-entertainment/

TBH there are a lot of other idols out there that can't sing or dance at Somi's level but just mainly serve as visuals. ITZY's doing good now but that was also the case for other JYP groups like 2PM, 2AM, Wondergirls, and Miss A whom were amazing but unfortunately didn't last.. Though it seems like they're handling artists a totally different way now compared to before.

Posted

This video was cute- I enjoy seeing the sister dynamic and her sister is adorable! I wonder how she felt having cameras on her during the breakdown though, I’m sure that heightened her emotions :(

Posted

Her cb is delayed and BP is going to cb next month so :alpacadone: 

Posted

She seems very happy and content, so I think she's living her dream life: she barely works but still reaps the benefits and can hang with the big boys. It's a win-win. Her ambition clearly went down a lot, during Sixteen and PD101 she sounded like she wanted to be the top, but seems like she realized she wasn't up for it. She enjoys being a celeb, not an artist.

ik this is old, but i agree with you. being in ITZY would definitely be better for her idol career (especially since she lacks the talent/stage presence to go solo), but i don't think that's what she wants now. imo she enjoys the perks of being a celeb (fame, money, connection etc) without having to do the usual "idol work" and sharing the spotlight. she seems to like the YG work-style.

going on two survival shows and waiting for her ITZY debut definitely burned her out.

Posted

i think if somi were in itzy now she would be under attack like lia.  2 of the members are dance monsters. Other 2 are very good too.  If she can make it work she made the greatest decision.

Posted

Somi would've been fine in ITZY since she can dance and her voice is not that different from Yuna's. But it would've given off a different vibe because she likes to be the center of attention. I like that everyone in ITZY, except maybe Lia who hasn't had her chance yet, gets to shine. They're a very balanced group and no one really tries to monopolize the spotlight. We'll have to see what her comeback is like. She's had a whole year to improve.

Posted

Somi would not be able to do any wrong in their eyes and hyped up for the bare minimum... so no I think they’d pick on Lia & Chaeryoung still sadly enough... 

Posted

To me Somi seems passionate about music. Thanks to the program we were able to see how she acutally takes part in the producing process not only of the songs but also the choreographies. The tracks she produced/wrote are also good, even better than Teddy's, so I'm anticipating the comeback and I'm hoping that she'll get more comfortable in performing alone. She may be lacking now, but let's not act as if she is not good at dancing or didn't have any stage presence back in I.O.I

Posted

My god it's May 2020 and she STILL hasnt had a comeback? 

Posted

My god it's May 2020 and she STILL hasnt had a comeback? 

She said on her reality that she delayed it because of Corona and now YG is giving everyone a come back so she probably will wait till July or so.

Posted

She said on her reality that she delayed it because of Corona and now YG is giving everyone a come back so she probably will wait till July or so.

I'll believe that when I see it.