• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Alexa Poletti

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Alexa's over-the-top cutesy demeanor does put me off a little, but I love her pastel aesthetic and wig tutorials. Out of all the "kawaii princesses" on YouTube, she's the one I find most bearable. Kawaii isn't even my style--I'm more into rockabilly/pin-up fashion--but I tend to gravitate toward people the same age as me who are open about their subcultures so I don't feel so alone in the We-Don't-Act-Our-Age Club (Alexa and I are turning 31 this year). I used to follow Kelly Eden for the pastel aesthetic, but her attitude just grated so much that I had to leave, and so I'm glad I've found Alexa. Honestly, though, are there any pastel ladies that aren't overly childish, cutesy, or conceited? I'd much rather follow such a person!

Posted

I've actually been back into watching her videos recently, and I definitely feel like the cutesy 'act' she puts on is much more subdued now, which makes watching her a bit more bearable.

What I like most about her videos (especially in ones where she tries on clothes) is that she goes through the whole process of why she picked certain items together to form a whole outfit. Other than that, she seems to still be a bit too much for my tastes but I find her content fun to watch in small doses! :alpacacrush:

Posted

I think that sometimes she kinda looks like a weeaboo but overall I enjoy watching some of her videos, especially the ones about wigs. They're really informative and helpful and Alexa looks like someone who has some good knowledge about non human hair/unnatural colored wigs (unlike for example prettypastelplease). I wouldn't watch her videos everyday but they're good and she doesn't look like a bad person.

Posted (edited)

I've followed Alexa since the beginning and I've always really liked her... But I really can't with some of her recent style videos and lookbooks. Her outfits used to be a lot more cohesive, but lately, I feel like they've just been plain ugly. 

1.thumb.png.d54b802f30c9010f34391285890b2.thumb.png.2b71a8c172b67600cdb59402a2313.thumb.png.34438975112a27d36822b970a8b84.thumb.png.395f17a539fc085881fdc36ab83a5.thumb.png.efd42c4c1fcc33e2f7b863d3c8ee6.thumb.png.4ac07d528fad3d9326847f662f5d7.thumb.png.ca42b07b28b5731cf1b6c858f5dd

Edited by thekuudere
Formatting

Posted

I've followed Alexa since the beginning and I've always really liked her... But I really can't with some of her recent style videos and lookbooks. Her outfits used to be a lot more cohesive, but lately, I feel like they've just been plain ugly. 

Hidden Content

A massive yikes on these ones. I wish she knew when to draw the line with patterns and learning to balance how the clothing looks on her body...