• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Sasaengs/Stalkers

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi! my first topic? So this is about Sasaengs, aka obsessed fans. 

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_5.38.25_PM.thu

Right now as I right this there has been a huge uproar on twitter because of sasaengs of BTS. Many fansites are being exposed as sasaengs. 

Ill include some example and reasons why someone might be considered a sasaeng

REASONS:

• They have unauthorized photos of celebrities
  • They usually have private info, such as their number/etc
  • They follow them around. You can usually see them appear in other people photos and they're usually following them
  • They ride the same airplane as them? this can be the same as they follow them around but most extreme sasaengs will literally go in the same plane as them and then take private photos of them. 

There might be more reasons but these are the ones i can think off the top of my head, sorry. x 

EXAMPLES:

Disclaimer: I got these off twitter so credit to the people who came up with this info! :D

Instagram: @9njeo

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_5.55.10_PM.thu

Twitter: @_njeo

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_5.54.49_PM.thu

She got exposed for a twitter post she posted where she was following jungkook in the airport and well.. Ill post the link down below

https://twitter.com/391210_WJ/status/1084839825528696832

Instagram: @blacklchan39 

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_6.00.04_PM.thu

She was exposed for following yoongi, in a video which i can link down below yoongi is seem pulling his phone out and video taping the girls (sasaengs) around him. I guess to sue? 

https://twitter.com/391210_WJ/status/1084856647338602502

Instagram: @karina_0529

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_6.07.18_PM.thu

Twitter: @0529_karin

and @_tete95_

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_6.06.58_PM.thu

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_6.06.38_PM.thu

she was exposed for following another member, taehyung. ill post a video of her following him down below.

https://twitter.com/391210_WJ/status/1084856779589087233

In the images down the fansites are being written up for sasaeng behavior.

• The first is from BTS fancafe released by BigHit. These fansites have shown sasaeng behavior and have been removed from the fancafe.
  • The second is by Karmy and also shows fansites with sasaeng behavior, though some have been forgiven. The ones with O are ones that are forgiven. The ones with X are bad. 

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_6.14.13_PM.thu

Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_6.14.34_PM.thu

Apart from those being exposed ill add a video which is causing a problem on stan twt. She is seen getting close to bts jungkook and walking beside him before being pushed away by a guard. 

https://twitter.com/ONLY_MOMENT_V/status/1084729780824530945

On the side note heres some where the bodyguard has gotten firm with the sasaengs

https://twitter.com/tattedpoc/status/1084949398369427456

https://twitter.com/ilsantitties/status/1084811291540152321

There are definitely more and for other groups also. One of the most famous sasaeng who has a topic here was for exo named 'RION' I think she's converting into a bts sasaeng though last time I checked. 

Im sorry if this is messy, it's my first post like this. Please add below more! Enjoy ~:x

Posted

i stopped reading stuff about sasaengs because they are so frustrating. There are seriously no consequences, never. Even the girl that poisoned Yunho got let off the hook because she was "young". How???

Posted

You could add "yarakashi" to the title, that's the Japanese term for stalker fans. They're not yet as bad as sasaeng, but there's been a couple pretty bad incidents last year with Johnny's idols and I'm sure that at some point this thread will have both Korean and Japanese stalkers (since I do see some Japanese accounts in the first post already) :alpacaworry2:

Posted

Do antis fall into the stalker/sasaeng category? I thought that sasaengs were like, obsessed with idols in the "I love you so much nobody can have you" way. Or are they their own category? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

I remember hearing about them years ago, but I didn't think they were still around

Posted

that first photo that pops out on google when you google "sasaeng fans" will always frighten me. all those stalker girls pressed against the window... that shit legit looks like something out of an apocalyptic/zombie movie.

Posted

i think apart from physical injuries they cause to the idols/celebs... knowing their number and non stop calling them throughout the night and day is as damaging or even more damaging. that's kind of psychological terror. 

you should add suho's sasaeng too, her name is rion. 

Posted

i stopped reading stuff about sasaengs because they are so frustrating. There are seriously no consequences, never. Even the girl that poisoned Yunho got let off the hook because she was "young". How???

Oh do not get me started on that! TVXQ had so many close calls. I'm pretty sure almost every member except I think Changmin suffered from a sasaeng. Yet they never get in trouble but the idols do? It's so idiotic! If they pulled that shit in America they'd be in jail so fast. 

Posted

i somehow did not get notified of this so i’m sorry for the late reply 🥺. 

if you look up on twitter like ‘sasaeng’ or ‘사생’ you can find SOOO many sasaengs trading or selling numbers and info about idols :/ i’ve heard of idols causing accidents (car, etc) and im so sad? i wish the agency did more to protect them. i also think ‘how do these 17 or so year old girls get to get to stalk them 25/8?? and then follow them everywhere, from country to country riding first class?? what about school??? what about after they disband?? all those years wasted and now you’re left with nothing either they’re in a huge debt or they have rich parents. 

Posted

the sad thing is that a lot of the sasaengs that are not from wealthy households end up trying to earn money thorugh any means possible, including prostitution.  to be completely honest, besides the heightened creep factor that comes with the territory, the psyche of the sasaeng phenomenon would be very interested to study.  what drives them to basically sell themselves or even put themselves in danger just to see a pretty boy/girl?  the problem is definitely way deeper than just relegating it to the realm of mental health.

Posted

Yeah I often wonder what these girls are going though to do acts like this. Some have even gotten close enough to kill an idol. What drives them this way? What in their life is making them feel they need to do this? It's a dark thought but I often wonder how much low self-esteem these girls have to do this.

Posted

I wonder if it'll be okay to also talk about some fansite masters' behaviour here? A a lot of fansites have been outed for being sasaengs, but I think most of them are borderline sasaengs. There are ones that only show up to music shows, concerts and fansigns which is fine but there are many that have shown up to private schedules or personal trips because they have bought their idols' flight info. I think they're pretty close to being stalkers too.

Posted

I'm wondering if the K-dramas and J-dramas have an effect on their behavior?? Like they truly believe that if they meet him, he'll fall in love with her, or something to that effect. Of course, they'd REALLY have to be deluded to believe that, but it might not be far off considering they will put so much of their time and money getting a glimpse of their one star. 

Posted (edited)

I'm wondering if the K-dramas and J-dramas have an effect on their behavior?? Like they truly believe that if they meet him, he'll fall in love with her, or something to that effect. Of course, they'd REALLY have to be deluded to believe that, but it might not be far off considering they will put so much of their time and money getting a glimpse of their one star. 

that's a very good point.  looking at the clip with the female fan heading for one of the members at the airport, from the way she was dressed to the "coy" manner in which she seemed to preen about, it all screams a drama fantasy. (i only found this vid)

Edited by Omega3

Posted

Do antis fall into the stalker/sasaeng category? I thought that sasaengs were like, obsessed with idols in the "I love you so much nobody can have you" way. Or are they their own category? :alpacaconfused:

I remember reading articles explaining about sasaeng's behaviour, not long after the TVXQ poisoning happened (I wanted to find out the reasons behind their crazy antics). Many sasaengs do nasty things like poisoning their favourite idols as a way to gain attention. The most important thing for them is to be noticed and remembered by their oppas. It doesn't matter if their oppas remember them and view them as creeps and evil nutcases. For them, it's much better to be seen as criminals than to not be noticed at all.