• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Sheena Duquette

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Nicole "Sheena" Duquette-'Oum'

2016-03-20-18.36.51-300x300.jpg

Twitter l Instagram l Youtube l Facebook l Deviantart l Patreon l Website l Roosterteeth profile

Sheena Duquette is a Canadian born cosplayer living in America who heavily edits her cosplay photos and tries too hard to be the next Jessica Nigri. She lies about photoshopping her photos, her "marriage" to avoid getting deported back to Canada, she had a hand in causing Monty's death, is a serial cheater, gold digger, e-beggar and manipulator kissing the asses of any popular person in LA to get herself ahead.

• 98% of her cosplays are bought online but she edits them and claims herself to be a "professional" cosplayer
  • She's now a boudoir cosplayer selling prints and photosets despite not even being a legal citizen of the US and she legally can't work here. 
  • Posts fakedeep and vague tweets on twitter
  • She also signed her dead husband's name on everything she sold at conventions
  • "Monty would have wanted this for me" sympathy points

1430695290663.thumb.png.ed555bf135904cb7

1476498371779.gif

E-begging

Lying about Editing

1438316421668.png

1433729918443.jpg

1493497608157.png

sheena.thumb.PNG.2d914ad6c23da75c16a42a9

Monty Oum and Roosterteeth

There is so much to unpack here, so I've put chunks in spoilers to save space

20140509_18.55.29-600x337.jpg

Sheena and Monty Oum (former animator for Rooster Teeth and creator of RWBY) met in 2013 at a convention after talking online, she decidedly flew to the US to stay with him after he was rejected by another woman and so their relationship began within three months. The relationship was mostly one-sided with Monty spending a LOT of money on Sheena while she cosplayed. Whenever he would be invited as a guest to a convention, Sheena would follow and he'd have to accommodate for her. This lead to some.... choice actions.

• Her talking shit about other cosplayers because they're not on ~*her*~ level (mostly towards female cosplayers)
  • They had sex in their hotel room... while other people were there.
  • Is a terrible cosplay judge1438058275161.gif

Monty's Death/Aftermath

They married in May 2014 and kept the ordeal strictly hush-hush for unspecified reasons (some say it was Monty's wishes) until after he was hospitalized then in a comatose after going into anaphylactic shock during a medical procedure in late January of 2015. Monty died on February 1st.

What caused his sudden death was that he was undergoing routine shots for his severe cat allergy, but instead he had a fatal reaction, leading to a coma and brain death. This was likely due to the fact that Sheena had, months earlier, picked up a stray cat and brought it to their apartment to keep, despite knowing that Monty was deathly allergic. Monty agreed to keep it but had to routinely get vaccinated to build immunity. In the months leading up he grew sicker and sicker despite getting vaccinated. With him spending so much time near the cat in his apartment (he was a stubborn workaholic and his immune system was already weak) plus the vaccination carrying the allergy, it was too much for his body to handle. He died from being overexposed to the cat allergen.

IMG_20150111_075925-600x800.jpg

Roosterteeth crew used to have an office cat named Joe, but they removed him after concerns with Monty's health. Sheena brought in a stray in a closed environment with Monty where he would be within direct contact for most of the day. You could argue that they both wanted a cat and Monty consented, but Sheena could have easily removed the cat from the environment for his safety (or just not bring it in and take it to a shelter) and Monty could have raised his voice when his health was becoming affected. Sheena took no blame in Monty's death and instead shifted it onto her cat. 

sheena.thumb.PNG.dbe17b611dfc4158e5f3faf

tldr; She adopted a cat knowing Monty was allergic, he died from being overexposed to cat allergens, Sheena took no blame.

Sheena wasted no time to come clean about their marriage and changed both her's and his profiles to reflect that while Monty was dying in the hospital. A gofundme was set up to pay for both the medical expenses + Monty's funeral which raised over 250,000$. That gofundme stayed open for a full year after it met it's goal and she was still getting money from it.

• Shenna wore a miniskirt and high heels to Monty's wake (no funeral was held, he was cremated) and appeared bored.
  • She took sperm from him while he was in a coma because Monty did not want to start a family until he was done working
  • The Oum family hates Sheena for taking the money from the gofundme, never telling them that she was married to Monty, and cutting them off.
  • They didn't even have time to fly out to see him because they found out he was dead right before his wake was held.
  • She changed all of Monty's profile statuses to "Married" and deleted all of his older photos with exes as he was dying in the hospital.

1438402917063.gif

fund.png

So where did all that money go? 

• That same year she and Jessica Nigri flew to London and went on a shopping spree
  • She bought new cosplay materials
  • She got a new set of boobs done

Roosterteeth

During their relationship, Monty had tried to get Sheena to work with him at Roosterteeth on RWBY as an animator (despite having no background). She wasn't hired, but she still threw in her two cents now and then to Monty for the show as 'freelance work.' He had a character (Winter Schnee) created in her likeness that he had planned to put in the show and use her as the voice actress for Winter. 

When Monty had passed, Shane (another Roosterteeth employee) worked overtime trying to fill in the blanks for the show and get Sheena her documents to live as a citizen because her visa was running out. Because of him spending so much time away from his family working and with another woman, his home life soured and his wife wanted to divorce him. It only got worse as CRWBY redrafted Winter's design, held open auditions for Winter's voice (someone else ended up being picked), and closed the doors on Sheena. Shane was fired after trying to fight back the change from what he thought was against Monty's vision.

• You can read all about in in Shane's 32-page essay about how he feels betrayed and what happened to him and Sheena. (it's pathetic lol)
  • Supposedly Sheena already had bad blood with Roosterteeth for not liking the other female employees that were there; meanwhile nobody at Roosterteeth liked her.
  • Sheena did not have any major role in RWBY's production despite what she says
  • Sheena never worked for Roosterteeth period.
  • She's responsible for causing someone else's divorce.

Dirty Laundry (Being a serial cheater)

• Cheated on Monty with a guy named Sam Batty. She flew out to London to start officially dating him after Monty died. (Sam was also already in a relationship with another woman who was pregnant at the time)
  • Slept with Sam Batty's friend during her London visit
  • Started dating a guy named Arin Robinson after her relationship with Sam ended. He attempted to WK her on lolcow.
  • BUT HE CAME FORWARD WITH THE TRUTH AFTER SEEING HER TALKING SHIT ABOUT HIM POST-BREAKUP (spoilered: full text from Arin)

The full Sheena breakup story.

I tried to keep things private about my ex cause i didn't feel it was helpful but seeing what she’s willing to post about me in public i can only imagine what she’s saying in private.  she recently posted something on someone else's post accusing me of something so terrible i finally have to say something.  I have done my best not to say anything about her and just move on.  I was hoping she would learn and grow but that doesn’t seem to be the case, and now i finally have to defend myself. Sheena is a liar, she does have a terrible life, her but misery is all her own doing, and i don't think she realizes it.

Sheena and i had an open relationship from the get go.  I don't view sex the same way most people do so for me it's not a big deal.  This was just something that seemed like it worked for us.  She was bisexual and liked to flirt with girls and boys, and I didn't care if she flirted around or fooled around with other people as long as i knew about it.  That is an important detail to this story.

The lies:
My problem with Sheena and why i broke things off was a problem with trust.  it wasn't really one big lie or one event, but rather a build up over time of many lies or lying by omission.  too many things she told me didn't line up with events that actually happened, and this went on for months.  I give benefit of the doubt way too much and after awhile i just lost patience with it.  the lies were mostly around her friendship, or whatever relationship she had with a close friend of mine, Jake, who i'm not friends with anymore.  for many months leading up to the breakup, Sheena made Jake a constant priority over me.  An example of the lies i got would be when i would ask her what was wrong, and she'd say, "nothing," or she'd say she couldn't find the words in the moment to tell me, but then after talking with Jake i realized that she would just immediately leave to vent to him about how terrible i was.  She was able to find the words, she just didn’t ever say anything to me.  When we were in AZ one time to visit, she was acting really mopey and didn’t say anything. Kept saying she was fine or just that she was cold and that’s why she was quiet.  She asked to go to the movies with jake cause it seemed like he needed a friend, and i was like sure… i guess that’s ok, thinking i could trust my friend.  Jake’s dad at the time was dying of cancer.  He was going through some serious shit, so i just assumed they had just become good friends and wanted to hang out to get his mind off things.  She went to the movies with him and apparently with all my other friends too, and no one told me that was going on.  Jake even got there to pick her up and wondered if i was coming, he wasn’t even aware that i wasn't invited…  She vented to him about everything that she felt was wrong and had never once said anything about it to me.  This type of thing happened often.  He was not the only guy she vented too, either he was just the only one to give her the attention and not call her out on her behavior.  I’m very grateful to my friends she vented to who told her “you should really talk to Arin about this, i’m sure he’d be willing to listen,” and stood up for me instead of giving her an escape.  at E3 the year we broke up apparently she had an extra ticket for it because of work and made plans to have Jake come out and go with her.  I wasn't made aware of this until a day or two before she was going to pick him up from the airport, and he was apparently staying at her place.  Rightfully i was upset that i wasn't just told about the situation, especially given they had some weird questionable thing going on between them.  both of them reassured me it's not what it looks like, but there's only so many times you can hear that while seeing something else before you stop believing it.  at the time i gave them benefit of the doubt and moved on.  i wasn't able to go the first day so they went together.  Even though i'm human and started to second guess her, i told myself to trust her and my friend and let it go because i wanted to believe that the woman i was dating and my friend since middle school wouldn’t be acting shady like that to me.  the next day at E3 she continued to show she was making Jake a priority over me.  first thing i did was meet up with my friend and Sheena, and when it came close to Sheena's lunch time she messaged Jake to ask what they were doing for lunch…  this is the kind of thing that would happen.  I’d constantly have to ask why she wasn’t messaging me and she would constantly make it out to be like it was just a mistake but it happened so many times it’s hard to believe that.  I have proof now she did have intentions for him.  At E3 one night there was a party that her work was throwing. She kept saying she was trying to get me a ticket, and she’ll see if she could.  Not sure if it’s just a list thing cause right now only her and Jake were on the list.  Well, i was there all day and while waiting for her to get off her boss walks up and asks if i was coming to the party too.  I said i’m not sure i don’t have a ticket.  He said “oh we have lots i’ll get you one”….  After months and months of being treated this way i told her “you can just message me when you want to see me then.”  i didn’t hear from her all week and every day she would log in and stream to play games with jake.  At the end of the week i messaged her to say “seeing as how things are going it’s probably best to say we break up”.  Just to be clear i broke up with her.  

That weekend I messaged her on sunday saying i would come by with her things and drop them off and pick up my things.  I got a text message from her fucking ROOMMATE!  About how that day wasn’t a good day because she’s torn up over what jake was going through.  Jake was going through some serious shit at the time i’ll give him that but i was pissed.  No matter what was going on, the way i was being treated felt wrong.  By that time all i wanted were my things and even in the very last act she could do for me she still made jake a priority over me.  For someone she wasn’t dating and told me she wasn’t interested in.  She wasn’t at all torn up at the breakup or how she treated me because  she had already moved on.  Despite the repeated times she told me “i know you’re trying i’m trying to.”  I told her roommate to get my shit together cause i was coming over.  I wanted my stuff and i wanted to be over with this.  I got there, and she lived in a gated community so i was mad and i was yelling.  I was yelling things like "fuck you" and "how fucking dare you" and "give me my shit from the gate".  Her roommate came out with most of my stuff but she still had my camera.  I just wanted my stuff and wanted to go and before he walked back in to grab my camera he told me “sheena says you owe her money for coachella.” i was livid, i had cosigned a loan for her car, she was doing shit behind my back with my friend.  Him not going back in to get my camera made me feel like he wasn’t going to unless i gave her the money, which wasn’t going to happen.  I told him i don’t owe her shit.  I was yelling at him outside long enough that the cops showed up.  I was angry, i shouldn’t have been yelling, and i shouldn’t have been there that night, but after months of emotional abuse i lost it and i’m sorry.  I finally snapped.  When the cops came, however, i put my hands up and sat on the curb.  I told them “you’re here because of me and not him.  I’m the one yelling, i’m the one pissed.  I just want to get my stuff and never come back here again.”  they asked what happened and i told them the story of what’s been going on for months.  The cops said, “well, no wonder you’re so fucking mad.”  they looked over at her roommate and said, “go get his camera,”  they had me check it was all there.  They said if Sheena wanted her money she could take me to small claims court.  I told her roommate i’ll see her in court and i left.  We never went to court.  Looking back i regret being so mad that i snapped and acted that way.  People who know me know that it takes a lot to make me actually snap, but as much as i regret it, i’m also grateful the cops came because they helped me get my camera back so i could just move on and put it all behind me.  Jake has since moved out to California for work and was living with her, and i only assume he’s still living with her.  That doesn’t mean they have a relationship, i have no proof there is anything going on in between them, but it’s enough shady business that just the fact that people are questioning what is going on is enough for me to say it’s not ok.  

I had 4 people from 4 different social circles all come up to me at some point and say the same thing “why is she acting that way with jake and why is she being so mean to you?  Is something going on between them?”  even one of those 4 people was kind enough to tell me “i saw what was going on between them and i just want to let you know i don’t approve of what she’s doing.  You’re a good guy and that’s not fair to you.  I even called them out on it.”  that one statement made by a friend, who I had only just recently met, made me feel so much better in a time where I felt no one understood what I was going through. 

I wouldn't be mad if she wanted to break up, i wouldn't be mad if she was attracted to my friend, i was mad that i was continuously lied to for months and taken advantage of and how she made my friend a priority over me.  both of them made each other priority in their lives at the sacrifice of their relationship to me and showed no remorse in doing so and only further tried to justify their actions. to those who really know me know that i hate lying, it's the only thing i don't tolerate, i will always be forgiving when you own up to mistakes, i'm easy to diffuse if you show ownership and remorse, i'll always accept you for who you are, but i don't tolerate lying.  I believe our words have value to them and lies decrease the value of our words.  People who know me know at the very least they can trust what i say.  You may not like me and that’s fine but at least you don’t like me for who i am and because you can’t trust me. 

Excuses:
Sheena had excuses for everything, she never once showed ownership over her actions and always had a reason to justify her being crappy to me.  when i pointed out that she should have told me about jake coming out, her responses were along the lines of "i thought i did,", "the first thing i did when i picked up jake was yell at him for not telling you," and others, when all she needed to say was "i'm sorry, i should have told you sooner, and you shouldn't have found out that way".  this was a regular occurrence, and every time we would be struggling in the relationship, i would try and fix things and every time i would she'd have a new excuse as to why things weren't working.  She made claim i was being someone i wasn't, but if you know me, you know i never am a person i'm not.  she said i wasn't opening up to her enough, so when i did talk about my struggles looking for support i didn’t get any.  But the moment anything happened to jake she would be super concerned about him, and snap at me if i was trying to find out whats wrong.  

The rumors and things she’s said about me:

Immediately after breaking up, and since then, she has gone around spreading rumors about me to our mutuals and references me online to make me seem like i’m a villain and that she was a victim.  Many have stopped talking to me completely and others are distant.   She is a liar and an emotional abuser that i dated for a year and a half.  To the people who heard our story and have since kept their distance, i understand why you did.  It makes total sense that you would want to believe your friend.  I have since tried to stay silent, not as an admission of guilt, but to prove to everyone through my actions what kind of person i am.  I hope that some people realize that even if we argue or disagree at times, that i will always be there for you when you need someone, even if you’re distant with me.  Even if you hear rumors about me that i’m some evil person and distance yourself from me, i will still be the first to offer help when you need it.  That’s the kind of person i am.

Now the rumors.

“He was obsessed with me and harassed me, and that’s why we split up.”  

she said this to someone and luckily another friend of mine corrected her and said no, "they broke up because of her relationship with Jake."  the person didn’t even know who Jake was because he was never brought up. For two people who supposedly have nothing going on between them it seems really odd to leave out that major detail. 

“He hooked up with his friend and made me feel like the third wheel.”  

Like i said earlier, we had an open relationship. By this time she had already fooled around with someone and hooked up with someone else.  All of which i didn’t care about and was supportive of whatever she wanted to do.  Before i hooked up with this friend, i had even asked her beforehand that if it happened if it was ok, and she said she was fine with it.  This single act is what she uses repeatedly to hang over my head.  Even claiming that she was mad cause we should have used protection but both my friend and i get tested and had recently been tested and she had an IUD.  we were both responsible adults, but Sheena just needed something to hang over my head, and she found it. I also know the people she fooled around with and even the people she told that she had feelings for Jake.  i’m not mad at you people, i don’t care.  

“He was mean to me and wouldn’t let me hookup with his friend Jake.”  

Totally wrong.  I told her multiple times she’s more than welcome to try, I just don’t think Jake would do that cause that’s not the kind of guy he is.  I don’t have any proof, but i’m feeling pretty wrong about that at the moment. 

Claimed that i defended an accused rapist and manipulator of his actions by saying i “forgive him for what harpies claim.”  ok first of all i don’t think i’ve said harpies in my life unless maybe once when i was playing yu gi oh cards, but that is not a regular word in my vocabulary.  I was lucky enough that friends pointed out that she said this about me. I have since made a comment on that post defending myself of what actually happened.

There was a lot that happened over a long time and if you have questions, i am 100% open about everything.  I am trying to tell you all the details i can in hopes that you come to understand that, good or bad, you’ll hear about it all.  I’m not going to hide or justify my actions, i was not perfect and am not perfect, but i am always trying to be better.   I’m not posting this to make her life worse, i’m not saying don’t be friends with her.  I have done my best to be a positive person and move on with my life and just try to be better and let my character be stronger than the rumors she says.  I made the choice a long time ago to not try and put out every fire she starts but rather just move on and hope she eventually did too.  I kept screenshots as insurance with the hopes of never having to post them.  My life is great right now, and i love everything about it.  I’m so much happier now that some people have decided to step out of my life.  I still wish them no ill will and do not judge them for what they did in the past.  Whats important isn’t our past but how we choose to react to the things that happened.  I hope they all grow and become better.  I just don’t want to be part of their lives anymore and i want her to stop affecting mine.  I have posted images of our conversations and things she’s said as proof of what was going on and what i’ve seen and heard.  i only redacted names and information to protect people's privacy.  please remember even as you read her words to take them with a grain of salt.

PS I also have gotten to know some of the people in her past and have learned this is a reoccurring behavior of hers.

[Screenshots from him calling her out on her facebook of her supposed "harassment" story at Disneyland.]

1535144382455.jpg1535144434150.jpg1535144617805.jpg

Found out about these threads from Sheena herself, who acknowledged them as: "threads about me" I don't know what has and hasn't been covered, but some things I do know are from being in her circle a while ago. Big mistake. These are in no particular order.

- The gofundme had to be removed for legal reasons because she was getting continuous monthly income after the medical bills had been paid in full. She could not justify that large sum amount she was getting per month. Huge legal and lawyer issues, she'd constantly talk about lawyer this and lawyer that.

- She had mentioned some girl called "Devon" who she would ALWAYS avoid at cons if she was there.

- She mentioned in her early Twitch streaming days that she purposely dressed seductively to gain traction and donations from viewers.

- She said she was told by higher ups at Rooster Teeth that her being there after what had happened was like "a circle trying to fit in a square". Huge internal issues with a guy called Gray from RT (Don't know RT staff all that well) had said she was angry at the direction change of RWBY post Monty.

- In 2015, she had sex with someone only because she gave them alcohol first.

- She was actually stopped at a con before in a hotel lobby in London with some random guy saying: "Oh we've got you money for the gofundme, wait we'll go get it" She got super scared about that. 

- I'm absolutely sure every relationship she's had post Monty she has either lied, cheated and or abused the person in some way (or all three)

- Her only main source of income is from her Patreon page, which is why she goes off all the time on these rants because she's not getting enough money. Had to move because of it.

The way I knew her was from here say, until I actually met her; boy is she emotionally abusive, manipulative and honestly a total bitch. She started to be demanding, especially when she moved to LA, which, eventually, lead to her loosing her close friends because she'd try to take advantage of either their work and or social status for herself and gain. Literally if you were someone who could elevate her in some way, she'd want to know and use you. Trust me.

Now? she's desperately trying to fit in with people who have no clue who she is. She's working with super sketchy people. She's always posting all this "busy work" she's doing when really, most of the time, she's on her own. People have no clue who she is. There's much more, but hopefully that reinforces some of what she's actually known for.

Posted

Damn I remember following years back and she was fine but when she got married to Monty, it all went downhill from there. The whole situation around his death really soured the image I had of her but now that I've read what she's done more, she's really messed up. 

• She took sperm from him while he was in a coma because Monty did not want to start a family until he was done working

This is so disgusting and fucked up. 

Posted

Damn I remember following years back and she was fine but when she got married to Monty, it all went downhill from there. The whole situation around his death really soured the image I had of her but now that I've read what she's done more, she's really messed up. 

This is so disgusting and fucked up. 

Tbh I've had no issues with RT in the past, but as soon as Monty died and everything started happening at once, I kind of distanced myself from their content. But Sheena is on a completely other plain of insanity and I'm almost thankful they gave her the boot before she could get her hands on RWBY.

Posted

After all I read of her(just search her with google) everything becomes worse and worse. She is pretty psychopatic. 

Poor Monty..he didn't deserve any of that...

Also...she shoops to hell and back. :alpacaheadshake: her ass is like a Ditto at this point.

Posted

Long time lurker but first time posting.

A friend of mine was Sheena's roommate at the time she met Monty. She told me that their relationship was mostly online and they Skyped almost daily even though she was still fooling around with other guys. She had a boyfriend up until she moved to go be with him and then tried to get her dad to intimidate my friend so she could skip out on the lease they'd signed together. She's a nasty person and thank god she left my city, the Vancouver cosplay community does not want her back and she is well known/hated up here.

Posted

Long time lurker but first time posting.

A friend of mine was Sheena's roommate at the time she met Monty. She told me that their relationship was mostly online and they Skyped almost daily even though she was still fooling around with other guys. She had a boyfriend up until she moved to go be with him and then tried to get her dad to intimidate my friend so she could skip out on the lease they'd signed together. She's a nasty person and thank god she left my city, the Vancouver cosplay community does not want her back and she is well known/hated up here.

I'm so sorry for you and your friend having been around Sheena. She's an awful person through and through, not even the LA community wants anything to do with her.

Posted

I used to watch rooster teeth all the time and I remember when Monty passed but I had no idea about all this...wow

That whole situation was and is so sad and the fact that it was avoidable is so so so so so upsetting.

Posted

RT are more sad about Monty's death four years later than Sheena ever was. It's so sad to think, if they never met, Monty would still be alive today.

Posted

Woah, this whole thing is like a real-life soap opera, and this cow is undoubtely the villain. :/

Why is it the most innocent-looking people that are sometimes the biggest devils?