• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Ariana Grande

1114 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Went to the DC one, pretty uneventful aside from the fact that she was visibly emotional during 'goodnight n go' and 'thank u, next'. Here are a few snapshots that weren't a blurry mess:

DC1.thumb.png.3f7098056c9186409990a18c95

DC2.thumb.png.5f7a8980ffbcff952b1656abbbDC3.thumb.png.d03cc3a3797dc6249dd9770fd9

@AnarchyStocking

"One disappointing thing about the tour so far is the merch. It actually fucking sucks... Typically I have a hard time exercising willpower and only picking a couple things at a concert. But this time around I’m actually struggling to choose something I actually like. What the hell are some of these designs?? I understand that the tour was somewhat of a short notice thing, and she originally never planned on touring at this time. But still man, the merch is so bad...."

Yeah, the quality of the print is really good but the designs are not inspired at all, I saw some people selling similarly designed tees outside the venue which is not a good look for the merch team at all. I ended up getting the God is a Woman t-shirt, the gray sweater with the purple image, and the black hoodie with the 'thank u, next' album cover image. Would've gotten the one with the stain on it for the memes but everything was so overpriced, these are probably the priciest pieces of clothing I own now lol.

Edited by tabatha
Quoting still doesn't work for me...

Posted

Totally agree with everything here! She's always wanted to look like Audrey Hepburn too. its kind of annoying in my opinion because Audrey had a very hard life growing up (displaced due to the Holocaust) and anyone who's doing the weird eyebrow puppy look and dressing like her just makes me cringe-- she's a humanitarian not just some style icon/actress.

I'm glad Ariana's face is full like that 2012 photo with the red dress, she is very beautiful with more weight on her :') 

Yes! She really does resemble Audrey because of the way she has manipulated her features, with the lip fillers and eyebrow shape especially. Her smile looks soo similar to Audrey's. I feel that she tries to imitate her demeanor/expressions sometimes but it doesn't really work because it was much more authentic coming from Audrey.. 

Posted

oh also, even tho sweetener & thank u next were realesed very close i feel like the vibes are sooo different. 

like, sweetener was so chill & soft & nice & emotional & i feel like this thank u next era is very “bad bish-$$$-get it-yEh-yUh-2 cool 2 care-bla bla bla”

i personally prefer/loved sweetener

Posted (edited)

i feel like this thank u next era is very “bad bish-$$$-get it-yEh-yUh-2 cool 2 care-bla bla bla”

I mean it’s true that Sweetener had a much different vibe, but thank u, next is actually pretty sad for a pop record. And almost all of her albums have had elements of “bad girl” type attitude (with Yours Truly being excluded in my opinion).

For Sweetener she wanted to give fans something light, happy and loving. She explained it as a kind of a hug to her fans through music. 

Thank u, next she said is a loooot more personal and expresses many of her recent experiences/emotions that are difficult to talk about (you can really hear that on tracks like Needy, Ghostin, Fake Smile, Imagine and In My Head). 

Your opinion is 100% valid but I’m not sure where you’re getting the “2 cool 2 care” vibe, especially with tracks like Needy and In My Head being on there. The closest track to that vibe would be 7 Rings but even then, if you listen to the album in order, it’s clear the song is about her using money/shopping as an unhealthy coping mechanism. (I also think her bad girl attitude that we tend to see sometimes is also a coping mechanism of hers)

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

Thank u, next she said is a loooot more personal and expresses many of her recent experiences/emotions that are difficult to talk about (you can really hear that on tracks like Needy, Ghostin, Fake Smile, Imagine and In My Head). 

you’re absolutely right, i agree that needy, ghostin, fake smile etc is very emotional & personal. in my head i was comparing sweetener/pete davidson/breathin/get well soon vs thank u next/7 rings/break up with your gf/make up. but i do agree with her being more personal lyric wise.

what i meant with the “bad bish vibe” was more about her whole persona she currently has going on. everything from trap music videos & her seemingly not being able to type full sentences to calling her tour outfit “slutty pink fairy”. idk i just get a very different vibe compared to sweetener & i guess im just not used to her using words like slutty & bitches haha

Posted

Ya know, all her dogs are really well taken care of. We see them often on her instagram, and they’re always very well groomed and happy looking. Very clear how dear they are to her. But you’d think that with them being as well taken care of as they are, they’d be... ya know.. properly potty trained. She mentioned before how Myron (formerly Mac Miller’s dog whom she adopted) in particular just shits everywhere and she always has to pick it up. I don’t get it... like why not have someone take them outside for you while you’re busy so that doesn’t happen? Maybe hire someone for it? They’re always by her side wherever she is, but maybe have someone on the team frequently take them outside?? Idk it’s just so disgusting to me. A big pet peeve of mine is when people don’t properly train their dogs and just let them do whatever. And she acts like it’s so cute and funny. It’s really not.

She just posted an Instagram story showing how he pooped all over the floor in front of a bathroom sink and it’s like... girl why are you showing 149 million people this? Train ya damn dog. 

Posted

Im sorry I love Ari but like............... 

her stage outfits for the sweetner tour is fucking awful. theres a thin line between chic, baggy clothing vs drowning in it. I don't think they're flattering  on her 

Screenshot_20190328-180327.thumb.png.6b2

Screenshot_20190328-180302.thumb.png.e17Screenshot_20190328-180313.thumb.png.d99

Posted

I honestly think Ari could do so much more than what she does right now. She has such a vast vocal range, and so much talent yet the kind of music she sings, you don't really get to her her full capacity. I wouldn't really consider myself a fan of her, But I know she has a quite young fanbase which is why she makes the kind of stuff she does, to give the listeners what they want and blah blah blah but she is one of the most vocally talented people in the industry currently, and it makes me really sad she doesn't really do anything with it. 

Sweetner was very generic and catchy and in general sounded all the same. Her older music was alot more fitting for her voice and was more unique and distinct. But thats just my personal opinion ig. 

She has so much influence and she doesnt really do much with it

Posted

it almost looks like she's trying to hide her legs, which is weirding me out since her upper body seems so emancipated so her legs should be...like always? could it be a new shitty stylist?

Posted

Screenshot_20190328-180302.thumb.png.e17

I agree some of her outfits this tour have been quite strange. Dangerous Woman Tour definitely had better outfits. But I honestly reeeeally love the pink one in the quote above. Idk why, I just love it. The color is adorable.

If anyone is curious Bentaverniti_unravelproject on Instagram did that orange one with the weird bra, plus one other. And Imngo on Instagram did the “pink fairy” one I like. So far that’s all I know of the designers. If you check out her insta posts of her wearing the tour outfits she usually tags the designers.

Posted (edited)

Watched the music video. Not my thing. I can't understand anything and no one's coming out with lyrics just yet.

The video is cute. They look like they're just having fun and I guess that's what Ariana wants right now. I wouldn't mind an HQ vid though.

Edited by dewberry
just added i watched the music video heh

Posted

The Lyrics

i feel like since she changed some words for her verse but kept the “I like women and men” in she could be coming out? 

Posted

the editing is so cute, and victoria and her just goofing aroung ♥ dont like the song much (sounds very tlic/7 rings)

Posted

I like the new song! Not anything super special but it’s really cute and enjoyable, and I appreciate their friendship. I hope they do more in the future and that the new song is added to the tour setlist.

So someone asked Victoria “IS SHE BI OR NAH” in an Instagram comment. Victoria responded with “she said what she said” so I guess Ariana really did come out. If that’s the case then congratulations to her and more power to her. 

DED3B3F2-80C0-4653-85FD-3B2855090DB1.jpeg