• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Ariana Grande

977 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree, it is pretty sad. Her natural dark brown curly hair was gorgeous. But I guess it was the price she had to pay for that role on the show. And ultimately, the show led to her gain a following and for people to get exposed to her vocal talent. Now, cuz of her start on that show, she’s a superstar and can afford to get extensions and whatnot to feel better about her damaged hair. 

When you’re younger you don’t really think about the consequences of bleaching/dying your hair all the time. And now that she’s older it’s clear she regrets it. (also her situation makes me very glad my Mom never let me dye my hair growing up... I would have fried it. I still never do it)

Damn couldn't they just given her a wig?

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by tttttttttt
``

Posted

Damn couldn't they just given her a wig?

I know right... that would have been so much easier. I guess it just shows that they didn’t really care what permanent effects they (Nickelodeon) were causing as long as they got what they wanted 

I hope her stylists put her natural hair in a small bun/braid and then add extensions around her hair, as a sort of protective hairstyle.

Yes actually from that I’ve seen, this is exactly what they do! She’s stated in an interview not that long ago that she has even less hair now than she did as a baby (obviously slightly joking but it was clear she meant her hair is fucked up). So I’m sure she relies HEAVILY on extensions.

Posted

I know right... that would have been so much easier. I guess it just shows that they didn’t really care what permanent effects they (Nickelodeon) were causing as long as they got what they wanted 

Yes actually from that I’ve seen, this is exactly what they do! She’s stated in an interview not that long ago that she has even less hair now than she did as a baby (obviously slightly joking but it was clear she meant her hair is fucked up). So I’m sure she relies HEAVILY on extensions.

i feel like she should take a break and let her hair rest for a while and not use extensions

Posted (edited)

I guess it just shows that they didn’t really care what permanent effects they (Nickelodeon) were causing as long as they got what they wanted 

Can't really expect much from Nickelodeon to care for or understand their staff if Dan Schneider got away with so much till his demise in the middle of the #metoo movement. At least Ariana escaped that mess.

Edited by MiiSan

Posted (edited)

Can't really expect much from Nickelodeon to care or understand for their staff if Dan Schneider got away with so much till his demise in the middle of the #metoo movement. At least Ariana escaped that mess.

But unfortunately not before he filmed extremely suggestive shots of her for Victorious and made her do stuff like put her own toes in her mouth  (guy has a teen/child foot fetish no doubt). I can’t believe the stuff he got away with. Like literally there’s a whole wiki dedicated to all the inappropriate stuff in that show. And it is loooong. 

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

But unfortunately not before he filmed extremely suggestive shots of her for Victorious and made her do stuff like put her own toes in her mouth  (guy has a teen/child foot fetish no doubt). I can’t believe the stuff he got away with. Like literally there’s a whole wiki dedicated to all the inappropriate stuff in that show. And it is loooong. 

Ughhh, this is really creepy, especially that most of the people there were teens.

I think Ariana was friends with Dan as well, she tweeted at some point to him that she would be happy to do another season of Victorious or something. Hopefully that's out of question after the accusations, also a bit disappointed that she never denounced his actions publicly or commented anything else since that tweet.

Posted

also a bit disappointed that she never denounced his actions publicly or commented anything else since that tweet.

That’s the weird thing though. I know everyone would LOVE to hear from the people who were once his teen stars. But none of them have ever come forward to either confirm or deny the allegations. Not like we need them to, anyway. It’s clear as day he’s a pedo creep who used his position to create his own personal stash of wank fuel. 

Posted

Not like we need them to, anyway. It’s clear as day he’s a pedo creep who used his position to create his own personal stash of wank fuel. 

That is true, it's not exactly needed considering how gross this guy is and how he used his power, it's just that it would've been a nice gesture from Ariana, especially with the fame she has now and how outspoken she's supposed to be online. Like I feel for how big she is she could help potential victims to speak out against Dan although if nobody dared to comment on him I wonder if they were blackmailed or something into keeping this silent.

Posted (edited)

expecting potential victims to speak against their abusers just because they have a big platform is NOT the way to go. we dont know to what extent his actions personally affected them and they shouldnt have to relive their trauma just for our sake. 

all of Dan's shows in Nickelodeon were hits, which why they let him get away with it for so long. he might be out of the platform now because of the obvious public blacklash, but do y'all seriously think his coworkers and business contacts easily cancelled him?? that literally never happens

if Ariana were to speak up about him she would have to confront him, the whole channel, and everyone else in the industry that would definitely side with him because Hollywood is a business and it has always been run by disgusting people who love to protect eachother

there's a lot of stars that worked in Nickelodeon and none of them have spoken up, and we were never behind the cameras to know what really happened to them, but if they're keeping quiet it must be for a reason.

Edited by htttps

Posted (edited)

it took me like, 5 days to read through this thread & wanted to share my thoughts (sorry in advance for somewhat long post)

first of all i just wanna say that i actually do like ariana, and most of all i really do enjoy her music so this is in no way hate, its simply my opinions.

secondly, im a HUGE fan of mac miller, ever since the donald trump-era back in 2011 and i was actually at one of his first gigs and has been a huge fan every since and was legitimately heartbroken when he passed and somewhat still is. 

anyways, like i said, im actually a fan of ariana and love her music, these are simply my opinions:

her tan: i literally cant stand the fact that some people legitimately think thats her natural skin tone. i dont hate that she spray tans, but combined that she is trying to sound hood, get into trap/rap & seemingly tries to come off as black is just dumb.

also she grew up (from what ive picked up) pretty spoiled and went to a nice school and bla bla bla which makes it even more dumb when she tries to sound like she’s from the hood. 

also, a close friend of mine is from north italy (like ariana) and she is pale af and confirmed that people from north of italy is mainly pale. 

imma insert a photo of obvious proof of her spraytan (just check behind her ear) (see pic 1, 2, 3 & 4 her natural skin tone in pic 5)

im pretty damn sure she cheated on mac (emotionally or physically). the break up in may and engagement to pete like 2 minutes later just doesnt make sense

i like her look and style and whatnot but her eyebrows in my opinion is just a very obvious japanese way of looking younger since its very common in japan (and since reading that she is very into japanese culture i feel like it kinda confirmed my theory)

i saw someone commented on her overlining her cupids bow and i just wanted to point out its also a way of looking younger, it gives you that ”smoochy baby” kinda look, if that makes sense? (still has fillers tho)

i hate when people cut her slack for her ”manchester/anxiety” bla bla, i mean, we’ve all been through stuff, ive been through hella rough stuff, but you dont see me go acting problematic and blame it on my anxiety? i might act dumb from time to time but i dont blame it on anything other than me simply being fucking dumb. i feel like you can blame everyone and everything until the age of like, 18, but when youre 20+ youre an a d u l t who makes your own decisions & mistakes.

her fillers (lips/chin/eyebrows/jawline) are SO obvious, just stop with the puberty/weightloss/weightgain bs, shes 25 SHE HIT PUBERTY LIKE 10 YEARS AGO (see pic 6 for jawline, see pic 7 & 8 for lips). also, it is such an easy procedure to snatch your jawline/chin/cheekbones/noseetc, its just fillers.

im so sorry for the rant, and it may sounds like hell lot of hate but i promise i like ariana i just dont like shady people in general and she has some shady sides to her. all love

ps. love love love her weight gain, she looks SO good, she was way to skinny for a period imo (see pic 9) 

B565D069-1C7C-4D04-A148-A5FAF6741BD9.jpeg

68143EA1-2766-4C5C-B9CE-5E54069D8DCC.jpeg

DDD2C95D-DB34-4677-B155-7A20AE54A168.jpeg

C9667750-E256-4F4E-A91A-245C2D9030AC.jpeg

6ABE4224-7EB1-4BF8-9030-5AF191A6C13D.jpeg

9B9B2884-B09F-4AD1-ACF4-66DED10010AF.png

1310162E-7524-4BFA-B9A6-116C25A88E9B.jpeg

8F433F9E-B6B4-4C71-91B5-B112A589C6D9.jpeg

BC857C02-29ED-48D5-A625-4338CE80A057.jpeg

Edited by sarahsnight

Posted

Totally agree with everything here! She's always wanted to look like Audrey Hepburn too. its kind of annoying in my opinion because Audrey had a very hard life growing up (displaced due to the Holocaust) and anyone who's doing the weird eyebrow puppy look and dressing like her just makes me cringe-- she's a humanitarian not just some style icon/actress.

I'm glad Ariana's face is full like that 2012 photo with the red dress, she is very beautiful with more weight on her :') 

Posted

I’m not vegan and I don’t like overzealous, hateful vegans. BUT I agree with vegans when they say don’t call yourself vegan if you still wear real leather/fur, use tested-on-animal products & consume animal products; or you just did it for the diet and not the animals.

There are ethical/lifestyle vegans and dietary vegans. Within the ethical vegans there are those that do it for the animals and those who do it for the environment or both. Dietary vegans are wholly plant based but might wear leather, silk, etc, or they might be doing it for their health. I personally don't like the term plant based because I've seen it used to say, "I eat mostly vegetables and fruits, but I have chicken on my cheat days."

But the language surrounding veganism is constantly changing. I'm sure next year there will be a new buzzword to learn. *shrug*

I think Ariana is a fake-ass "vegan" who would kill a cow for cash or popularity, hence the Starbucks' drink. Aqaufaba is vegan and can be used to make "meringue." She has the influence/clout to have said, "no, I don't want it to contain animal products" or "I want a fully vegan option, too" and they could have found a way around it easily, but she didn't. So she either didn't care or didn't know until they handed her the ad to spruik. She would have known, regardless, that the base drink would contain dairy and that soy would be an option, just like all SB drinks.

Posted

I love how she looked before the fillers and whatnot. Her face is so full and pretty, and her eyes! Aaaaa. 

Posted (edited)

I can find thesame low quality merch that she pulled out at our local chinese clothing store

Edited by Ballerina Mina