• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Ariana Grande

974 posts in this topic

Posted

for a second I thought it was....something else

I thought i was a dick  but that just look like someone pour bleach or detergent on it and called it a day.

Posted (edited)

I’m not vegan and I don’t like overzealous, hateful vegans. BUT I agree with vegans when they say don’t call yourself vegan if you still wear real leather/fur, use tested-on-animal products & consume animal products; or you just did it for the diet and not the animals.

Nothing wrong with not doing it for the animals, but there is a name for it. Plant-based diet. Veganism is more of an ethical lifestyle change for the sake of animals (which is why plenty of vegans stay vegan even when they develop health issues... from eating vegan. for the animals).

I do think that distinction is important. Like people who meditate for their religion/spirituality  as opposed to people who secularly meditate for personal benefits. You wouldn’t call both categories of people Buddhists.

Edited by Ur cancelled

Posted

One disappointing thing about the tour so far is the merch. It actually fucking sucks... Typically I have a hard time exercising willpower and only picking a couple things at a concert. But this time around I’m actually struggling to choose something I actually like. What the hell are some of these designs?? I understand that the tour was somewhat of a short notice thing, and she originally never planned on touring at this time. But still man, the merch is so bad....

1019C18C-A2AA-4488-8BA8-DCF09459D915.jpeg

F2EC1855-2F3B-47B2-BF72-63831EBE13F5.jpeg

321D544A-814F-4DE9-9D9A-55899A2493CE.jpeg

the one in the top left has a cheap 90s feel to it, I could see myself wearing it semi ironicallY because I love cheapy looking tees. If the editing around the photographs was better, it'd look better, but it just screams "purposefully cheesy 90s Pinterest aesthetic". the one on the right is way cheaper looking, the white really clashes with the pink, while at least with the left I feel like the black background makes the rest of the shirt look more cohesive (then again, I am biased to dark colors)... the typography choices on the left are far less questionable, the right looks really crappy in comparison to even the left which again is probably intended to exude the "cheap 90s tee" aesthetic. 40 bucks tho. God concert merch is expensive. I read the price as $10 at first and was like "oh that cheap" and realized there was an additional line there. 

i like the 80s style "sweetener" text on the lower right hand long sleeve top in the second pic but good lord is the text obscured by the coloration of the photograph they used in the background. I love that swooping 80s style text but either move the photograph higher or get rid of it altogether and use only the typography... 

anyway, continuing my graphic design nitpicks I don't really have a lot of comments on the remainder of the closeup merch, the upside down tee I know is meant to mimic the album cover but to me is just unreadable and the sans serif font on a sweatshirt has been done a thousand times before… for both of those I also don't like the pics they used at all

Posted

has anyone seen her last instagram pic were u can see all her bones? it’s honestly disturbing 

This? Yeah, it's actually scary af, all her ribs are visible, idk why people don't talk about it more :/

Screenshot_20190320-142002~2.png

Posted

This? Yeah, it's actually scary af, all her ribs are visible, idk why people don't talk about it more :/

Screenshot_20190320-142002~2.png

I am actually on ED websites where the ED theory stemmed and yeah the theory seems reasonable. Some went as far to say that she was pro ana because she was wearing a red bracelet but who knows.

Posted

I am actually on ED websites where the ED theory stemmed and yeah the theory seems reasonable. Some went as far to say that she was pro ana because she was wearing a red bracelet but who knows.

her hair probably dont grow cuz with anorexia your hair falls out 

Posted

Nah the reason her natural hair is fucked is because when she was on Nickelodeon, she signed a contract letting them bleach/dye her hair bright red every 2 weeks. 

Posted

81e591db44f45bf31b6c84cd90f7bb0b.thumb.j

speaking of merch i think her honeymoon tour merch was the cutest. i bought this shirt and sadly i bought it a size too small but that was mostly my fault for not really looking at the sizes properly but i grew anyway so that's another issue hehe. i think merch looks best when it's kind of really simple and when they don't have the singer's faces on them, the faces are gonna end up looking deformed because people slouch and all. 

Posted

what? who ever said anything about anorexia? shes skinny but shes a petite lil thing so its not like shes extremely underweight like a true anorexic.

Posted

Nah the reason her natural hair is fucked is because when she was on Nickelodeon, she signed a contract letting them bleach/dye her hair bright red every 2 weeks. 

That was so long ago, none of the hair on her head has been touched by Nickelodeon.

what? who ever said anything about anorexia? shes skinny but shes a petite lil thing so its not like shes extremely underweight like a true anorexic.

Um just saying, you don't have to be severely underweight to have anorexia. Although I'm not going to say she's anorexic with certainty because I don't really know for sure. She does appear to be somewhat underweight and it doesn't exactly look healthy. 

Posted (edited)

The red string is from Kabbalah, not some sort of symbol for anorexia. I mean its pretty easy to be skinny and stay skinny, my chest looks like that when I stretch my arms out but I'm a very healthy weight. Sometimes people are just skinny in the top half of their torso and that's totally fine, I don't think she could effectively be on tour whilst having a disorder like that. Plus she's extremely close w her friends and family so that wouldn't be something that flies under the radar/some sort of secret. She's got a therapist too so she's all good~

Kabbalah: Kabbalah is an esoteric method, discipline, and school of thought of Judaism (Madonna popularized it as well, her and Frankie liked it a lot.)

The tour is soooo pretty by the way, she has a dome sort of thing on the screen behind her that changes with the visuals and its so gorgeous! 

edit: I think her body looks really good right now, this fan cam shows she's a lot thicker below the waist as opposed to a few years ago so yeah :--)))

https://twitter.com/GrandeTourNews/status/1107848412978794502

Edited by touru
edit

Posted

That was so long ago, none of the hair on her head has been touched by Nickelodeon.

um.... you realize that even though it was a while ago, her hair follicles are severely and permanently fucked up after all that bleaching/dying.. right?

Shes spoken about how fucked up her natural hair is  because of Nickelodeon dying it. That show aired for 2 years. There’s no denying that having her hair bleached and/or dyed every 2 weeks for 2 years would cause permanent damage.

Especially since her natural hair color is a very dark brown. Every time her roots would start growing in, they’d have to bleach that shit, and it would have been right up on her roots. 

Posted

um.... you realize that even though it was a while ago, her hair follicles are severely and permanently fucked up after all that bleaching/dying.. right?

Shes spoken about how fucked up her natural hair is  because of Nickelodeon dying it. That show aired for 2 years. There’s no denying that having her hair bleached and/or dyed every 2 weeks for 2 years would cause permanent damage.

Especially since her natural hair color is a very dark brown. Every time her roots would start growing in, they’d have to bleach that shit, and it would have been right up on her roots. 

Tbh I didn't consider that her follicles would be damaged to that degree. Yikes, that's pretty sad. Her natural curls pre-Nickelodeon were so pretty too.

Posted

Tbh I didn't consider that her follicles would be damaged to that degree. Yikes, that's pretty sad. Her natural curls pre-Nickelodeon were so pretty too.

I agree, it is pretty sad. Her natural dark brown curly hair was gorgeous. But I guess it was the price she had to pay for that role on the show. And ultimately, the show led to her gain a following and for people to get exposed to her vocal talent. Now, cuz of her start on that show, she’s a superstar and can afford to get extensions and whatnot to feel better about her damaged hair. 

When you’re younger you don’t really think about the consequences of bleaching/dying your hair all the time. And now that she’s older it’s clear she regrets it. (also her situation makes me very glad my Mom never let me dye my hair growing up... I would have fried it. I still never do it)