• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Ariana Grande

960 posts in this topic

Posted

okey THAT is definitely misleading. The plan emoji is unofficially the sign that sth is vegan in my opinion. Did she get any direct backlash at this hastag/post?

Posted

its one thing to be vegan and buy something from a non vegan company but its another to be vegan and to have your 10 million followers be persuaded to buy things from a non vegan company. Like... why? I guess unless if she's only doing the vegan diet and not because she wats to be one for ethical reasons. 

(Ps: inb4 anyone says anything about me being a crazy vegan...i'm not. I love meat.) 

Posted

its one thing to be vegan and buy something from a non vegan company but its another to be vegan and to have your 10 million followers be persuaded to buy things from a non vegan company. Like... why? I guess unless if she's only doing the vegan diet and not because she wats to be one for ethical reasons. 

(Ps: inb4 anyone says anything about me being a crazy vegan...i'm not. I love meat.) 

Money. I guess she doesn't care about her ethics when money's involved 🤷

Posted

I see it this way - she is a vegan and is selling non vegan drink - which means she has never tried it, but still sells it

Thats just shitty. When celebrities are promoting cosmetics they dont actually use at least they can lie that they have used it lol.

And its not like she desperately needs the money.

Posted (edited)

@mitsukuni Thank you for accepting my opinion! It may be harsh, but I do think it’s important to actually check things for yourself instead of assuming something that isn’t really the case, and then getting mad at whoever is easiest to blame. 

With the emoji thing, I don’t think there’s much behind it. The soy version of the drink WOULD actually be vegan (as soy can be a huge part of a vegan diet, being a good substitute for other things). And when you type the word vegan on an iPhone, the keyboard recommends that little leaf emoji (🌱). The “soy version” is using soy milk instead of cow milk, which is a plant-based milk, so I think the emoji is fine.

Am I missing something on how her hashtag was misleading? There appears to be a vegan and non-vegan option when it comes to the drink. And she stated that in her post by mentioning there’s a soy version. I.... don’t really see the issue?

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted

She is not vegan, just eats plant based, she uses a lot of real fur and leather so nop.

Posted

This opinion may be unpopular, but I believe it would be their fault for assuming it’s a vegan beverage instead of actually checking first.

I agree with this.

If someone went to ANY restaurant or cafe and ordered something off the menu ASSUMING it was vegan without finding out what was in it first, they only have themselves to blame. Its just silly to get mad at her for your lack of research.

Posted

Am I missing something on how her hashtag was misleading? There appears to be a vegan and non-vegan option when it comes to the drink. And she stated that in her post by mentioning there’s a soy version. I.... don’t really see the issue?

the cloud macchiato is made with egg whites to get the cloud and that makes it not vegan, unless you want a normal macchiato. it’s in mitsukuni’s response.

Posted

Yes, as mentioned by anon1000, the cloud drink is special because of the foam that was made to be like meringue and that can only be achieved with egg white. Without, it'll just be normal caramel macchiato. This means that, changing the milk to soy will not make the drink any less vegan.

Posted

Yeah so overall she didn't know jack shit about the drink or really cared to know more about it. Otherwise a quick clarification would have saved her from this all.

Posted

Ahhhhhh I see now. She's not acknowledging the egg in the powder and thinks that using soy milk is a good enough substitute to make it vegan, when it is still NOT vegan. Man she is dumb sometimes.... what if someone who gets sick from eggs drank that, with the soy substitute.... like...... :)))))okgirly someone out there is blowing up the bathroom because of you.

The Sweetener Tour starts tomorrow as well, I'm pretty excited for the videos of it. Hopefully she goes through with every show and doesn't start acting like Nicki Minaj, cancelling every other show because of extra set items and weather issues (& cancelling last minute).

If you wanna start a little discussion about your predictions/hopes for the show, lets do it!

I hope she'll be part of the dance breaks and they'll be more creative than the DWT. I'm pretty tired of the usual ~flip hair turn wave arms around touch body flip hair~. It might be my own preference but Kpop for example has very beautiful dance routines, so the bar is set kinda high for me but I want her to sing well and not let dancing ruin that. I also hope she'll rely less on the backtracking and utilize background singers. Greedy is an amazing song but she dodged the "GREDAAAYY" part and substituted marching in a circle UGHHH. 
Normani is opening for her and she's extremely talented, so that's also an example Ariana should follow. I didn't really like when she was sitting on a stool in an XXL sweater+boots for her Sweetener Mini tour, it was a lil too boring. Same with her hair, I hope she can do something new rather than different variations of a ponytail but I doubt it. In terms of background dancers, I don't think the twins (or muscle-y guys) look good next to her at all. I'm rrrreally hoping for female dancers, sort of how BlackPink utilizes them in place of the members: same height, same outfits, similar looks. Last but not least, I hope she can hit her high falsettos and whistle tones. 

Posted

*sigh* Yes, it’s Ariana’s fault when people with dietary restrictions blindly consume a product without researching it. /s 

She can’t personally babysit all of her fans. And if some of them aren’t able to consume the drink for whatever reason, it’s really not that big of a deal. And I believe it would be Starbucks’ job to inform people on what the ingredients are, seeing as they’re the ones actually making the drinks. I don’t even see anyone talking about this except for here. No one cares. Anyway, last time I’m talking about the drink.

I too am looking forward to tour starting tomorrow, mostly because I am pumped to see what the setlist is so I know what to expect (seeing her in July). It’s going to be a tour for both Sweetener and thank u, next. But I’m mostly excited to hear stuff from TUN and the older throwback songs she said would be on the setlist (she specified in her Zach Sang interview that there would indeed be some classic throwbacks). Really, really hoping to hear everytime, Bad Idea, Be Alright, Knew Better / Forever Boy, and Break Free. I know it’s a slim chance for a couple of those but a girl can dream lol. She always delivers with her live performances (IMO), and I base that solely on her vocal performance. When it comes to the dancing and stuff I’m not super picky about what I see. I just wanna hear that voice:alpacacrush: I’ll forever regret that I never got to attend the DWT, so this is exciting for me.

Posted

Crazy how much outrage her eating eggs sparked...but I've heard nothing about her wearing straight up shearling? Lamb skin... It's crazy how much of a 180 she's had from "ew! cow tit pus!" to...this...

Arianagrastagram.jpg

Posted

i dont think she was ever vegan, i think she just used that as an excuse for her sudden weight loss