• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Ariana Grande

1171 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry if theres already a comment on this bc I didnt read everything here but did she get breast surgery bc I thought her original size was 32a and now it looks bigger? 

Posted

I didnt understand love, care to explain? English isnt my first language

I'm sorry for not clarifying! But I meant that when the situations with Kris Wu and the tattoo came to light, Ariana and Scooter made multiple tweets /liked tweets that were very harsh in tone. Yet, with the situation that's happening with Piers, she wants to tweet about being kind to people who you don't agree with,etc. I think it's hypocrytical to take the "be kind route" with someone who have behaved much much worse that the situation/ people before. 

Tbh I don't think people are mad that she got the tattoo. I think people were seeing that she was falling into the Miley Cyrus cycle, you know? Picking certain things from different cultures but discard them when it's not making the $$$ anymore. Only time can tell though. 

It just makes me sad that she can't see the other side of the coin sometimes. She's clapping back at people who criticised her for talking to Piers and it makes me think she dosen't actually care about what the other people are saying. At first she says that she's not a "miracle worker" and that "she didn't think that she could change his mind" but it "didn't hurt to try". 

man, i just want to listen to some bops without all this

Posted

Sorry if theres already a comment on this bc I didnt read everything here but did she get breast surgery bc I thought her original size was 32a and now it looks bigger? 

I think she just wears em pushed up sometimes but that pic I posted ^above was from today on her IG I think and they’re still lil bitty titties if I can see correctly. 

Also on the album cover for thank u,next too her head looks soooo big

Posted

She just released her new music video for her new song “7 rings.” It has nice visuals imo.

Absolutely nice visuals, it's aesthetically pleasing. But the song isn't that great, it seems really generic to be honest. I was expecting absolutely much better with the song .

Posted (edited)

drama aside i liked "thank u next" as an album is better than sweetener

Edited by powdered madness

Posted

People aaaaalways bring this up with the CA argument (“But Indians actually from India don’t care, Japanese actually from Japan don’t care, Africans actually from Africa don’t care”) ignoring that if you live/are used to a homogenous country made 95% up of people the same race as you, racism (and consequently, appropriation of your culture) mostly won’t happen or be part of your life experience. 

Had I lived in Africa instead of a Western country where I’m a minority, I might find people trying to look black flattering. But alas, living through it firsthand you can often tell genuine appreciation apart from the “Ooh! Sparkly! Shiny! Trendy!” & hypocritically mistreating actual Black people but LOVING Black people’s things.

TL;DR? The same reasons native-Koreans often see Koreaboos & Koreaboo behaviour as flattering whereas Korean-Americans (or others) living in Western countries see through it & dislike it.

I think that Korean Americans have been raised differently than native koreans. 

Cultural Appropriation happens when you do stuff from other cultures but don't actually respect it. Trying so hard to imitate another culture is very offensive to korean americans, but I think native koreans would just find that hillarious. 

That being said, Ariana doesnt get enough backlash for trying to imitate latino/colored person's skin.

Right now she is racing Trump for the most orange person. 

Posted (edited)

So is no one gonna bring up the fact that ariana, a cishet who is headlining a homophobic and transphobic event, used wlw as a gimmicky 'twist' in an mv, and is willingly friends with a homophobe/transphobe, will be headlining pride?

Edited by taetertot

Posted

So is no one gonna bring up the fact that ariana, a cishet who is headlining a homophobic and transphobic event, used wlw as a gimmicky 'twist' in an mv, and is willingly friends with a homophobe/transphobe, will be headlining pride?

honestly, most of the criticism is weak and invalid. 

idk how a gay person sees this thing so... i can't say a lot.

people should understand entertainers are not politicians. 

Posted

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

her skintone, whew

Posted

honestly, most of the criticism is weak and invalid. 

idk how a gay person sees this thing so... i can't say a lot.

people should understand entertainers are not politicians. 

No one is saying that entertainers are politicians but she keeps saying herself how much she cares and support the lgbtq+ community. And then she’s headlining a pride event (thus making the price double) and at the same time headlining Coachella where it has been known the money from that event was used to support trump and anti lgbt associations. Also you said yourself you don’t know how a gay person sees that controversy so why would you then say that the criticism is invalid ? 

Posted

That being said, Ariana doesnt get enough backlash for trying to imitate latino/colored person's skin.

Her bronzer is like 5x darker than her actual skin. In all recent photos. You’d think her young fan base who is very connected and interested in social justice etc would notice this... 

also NGL I thought she was Latina when she first blew up and I feel like a lot of people just assume she is. 

Posted

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

her skintone, whew

She's back with Big Sean?????