• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Ariana Grande

1114 posts in this topic

Posted

She's uuuber liberal though, I think its good if anything. They probably debated, so at least he may have learned something. but knowing her she was probably wine drunk I mean shit... that's the only way I could talk to that asshole. 

She got a Grammy for sweetener and is #1 2 and 3 now, I wonder how she's doing. If anyone watched her small interview with James Corden you can see how anxious she is, it's not a quirky act either like she isn't breathing properly the entire interview. Aaand she's starting the tour soon like.. will she be okay? I know she doesn't need a pity party, but anxiety is so hard to live with.

Hopefully that interview was very random because I really don't want her to have a nervous breakdown in the next few months. ://

Posted

I can promise you he's learned nothing. Many a people, I'm sure immensely more well-versed on 'liberal' topics and perspectives, have talked with him and it's a dead end. He's just a festering garbage pile and is just an all-around awful person. Some people are just awful and rotten inside, he is one of those people.

Agreed! Piers is never going to give up being an asshole just because he and Ariana shared a drink one night and posted it on twitter. This man has purposely misgendered people, has said misogynist statements, racist and transphobic and is just an overall scumbag. I don't mind people having mindful debates with each other, but Piers has crossed the line so many times I've lost count. I'm sorry but this just shows how ignorant Ariana can be sometimes. 

Posted

Idc how liberal she is she is tweeting about him and her mindless horde of stupid fans will think they he is  cool and start liking him, she is literally spreading his message by putting him in her biggest platform. Why would she give that toxic troll so much publicity? Ew

I don't know if this is OT but

I find it weird that Razor Scooter and Ariana, compared to what happened with Kris, they dragged him harder than Piers. I'm mostly talking about the vocalization and the tones used was way harsher on an harmless artist than a person who has publically shamed you and has extremely disrespectful behavior. Aswell with the incident with the tattoo. She never took this kindness approach when people tried to explain to her that her tattoos were wrong. 

I just find it really weird that this guy can have the sympathy route and whatnot but harmless people and less extreme situations call for this strong outburst of emotion. 

Posted

I find it weird that Razor Scooter and Ariana, compared to what happened with Kris, they dragged him harder than Piers. I'm mostly talking about the vocalization and the tones used was way harsher on an harmless artist than a person who has publically shamed you and has extremely disrespectful behavior. Aswell with the incident with the tattoo. She never took this kindness approach when people tried to explain to her that her tattoos were wrong. 

I just find it really weird that this guy can have the sympathy route and whatnot but harmless people and less extreme situations call for this strong outburst of emotion. 

I didnt understand love, care to explain? English isnt my first language

Posted

Ariana lost me when she licked that donut, got me back with how she handled the Manchester bombing and then lost me as she started blackfishing more and more.

Her Mariah Carey complex is also really irritating: I can hit all the notes you can't, let me screech at least once in each song to prove it.

As for Piers, being an asshole in public pays well. Maybe I should get myself a blog?

Posted

Idc how liberal she is she is tweeting about him and her mindless horde of stupid fans will think they he is  cool and start liking him, she is literally spreading his message by putting him in her biggest platform. Why would she give that toxic troll so much publicity? Ew

her fans are insufferable but most of them actually dragged her for that tweet (from what i've seen) so it's good to know that they're not totally brain dead lol

Posted

her fans are insufferable but most of them actually dragged her for that tweet (from what i've seen) so it's good to know that they're not totally brain dead lol

Glad to see her getting dragged for it, I love how she cant handle criticism lol

Posted

RAZOR SCOOTER. I can't. I agree with this so much though.

Also, I know a lot of people might give me the "putting race into everything" line when I say this, but at the end of the day, Ariana is a white woman and these ignorant actions of hers can have really dangerous implications. Again, I'm not calling her straight up racist, but it's not looking good for her either. But I think the thing that personally irks me is that there seems to be a pattern. Whenever she has a slip up, all it takes is her dropping a track and boom, problem solved. It makes me feel like she knows she can do ignorant things without much consequence because she has catchy tunes, fans, and a big machine behind her. I'd like to think she's not like that but...I don't know. 

Posted

Ok this is kinda OT at this point, but I wanted to weigh-in on the tattoo incident because I've been going back and forth between my stance on it. Bg info, I worked in Japan for 3 years and currently still teach Japanese people English in the US. I recently talked to my Japanese friends and a couple students about it and as a result... I think the lense of this issue has been waaaay too Americanized.

So it was a stupid mistake no matter how you look at it, let's get that out of the way first. Even though she allegedly knew the correct kanji, she sacrificed it for the ~*aesthetic*~. Ok girl. She fixed it and got heat for it because it says "tiny bbq grill finger" if you read it left to right, but it's actually correct if you read it up and down. I didn't know that until I was talking about it with a student, we pulled up the picture and her initial reaction was "oh this is fine" until I pointed out the left to right reading. And then she lost her shit lol. But apparently, at first glance for a native Japanese speaker/reader, it's fine now.

I asked her what she thought about the drama and she said: "I appreciate that she likes Japanese culture and wants to use kanji even if she makes mistakes, I just don't like that she has a tattoo."  We then had a really long discussion about how people in the U.S. are calling it cultural appropriation and she was shocked that people were offended by it and also confused that non-Japanese people were getting offended FOR Japanese people. Same reaction from my Japanese friends. 

Obviously this doesn't speak for every single Japanese person. All I wanted to point out is that we're really Americanizing the issue of cultural appropriation for a culture that generally doesn't really even have a concept of it. 

Ariana's Twitter reactions weren't "wrong" per se... when she said her Japanese fans were happy to see her use Japanese language, culture, etc. she was probably telling the truth. But it did make her look like a defensive asshole and I wish she would've just said like "Hey, I made a mistake and I'll make sure to be more careful in the future".

Posted

ariana's one of those girls who mostly talk about feminism when it comes to not wanting to be shamed for their clothing, dating around, and singing about sex so lol i'm sure it doesn't take much in her mind to be considered a feminist

Posted (edited)

Her head is like so ginormous compared to the rest of her sometimes. Or does it just look that way?? 

F2D3662C-F6FA-413F-9934-4D28D55ACB7F.jpeg

Edited by phillipthekidd06
cropped out my ig pic lol

Posted

Her head is like so ginormous compared to the rest of her sometimes. Or does it just look that way?? 

F2D3662C-F6FA-413F-9934-4D28D55ACB7F.jpeg

she body looks so small compared to her head what

Posted

Maybe it's the angle, but I seriously keep seeing these proportions in that picture :harharplz:

untitled.png