• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Ariana Grande

1114 posts in this topic

Posted

oh thanks, they’re all being really petty about it if they credited people who didn’t even write anything why didn’t they give credit to someone who actually did ? 

Also kind of rich she keeps preaching being kind to others and then does this 

she was credited for 2 songs (7 rings and thank u next) , but is saying she wrote 2 additional ones as well (nasa & makeup). ariana and two other songwriters are basically saying that kaydence was just in the room for those two during the songwriting sessions but didn't actually contribute to the lyrics, so she doesn't have writer's credits, and kaydence didn't elaborate beyond saying she didn't get credited. i just think it's weird cuz it doesn't seem like ariana's stingy with credits since kaydence is already credited on three of her songs. 

Posted

So she tweeted “fuck” and “trash” during Cardi B’s winning speech, but fans are saying it wasn’t directed towards Cardi specifically, just at the Academy for nominating Mac Miller and not awarding him? She deleted all the tweets now

9A966F62-C7D1-4ED4-A37E-8EA2873929CA.jpeg

Posted (edited)

All of the tweets:

Hidden Content

Looking at the tweets and everything, when people say it has something to do with Cardi winning over Mac, it makes sense. People say she's mad that Mac got nominated and didn't win, therefore the tweets would have something to do with the winner.

I get why people are upset over Cardi winning over Mac but Invasion of Privacy did pretty well on the charts and with the critics. I don't want to sound insensitve and that isn't my intention but just because an artist may have passed away doesn't necessarily guarantee a win. I didn't listen to his album but I'm sure it was really well made and his craft deserves to be honored. 

Also if you all didn't know Cardi had addressed that she sharing her win with Mac since Mac's family said that if he didn't win, they'd want her to win. 

bUt iT diD wELL oN thE ChArTs 

honestly the grammy’s is bullshit to begin with. daytona got robbed. if they wanted to keep it mainstream, astroworld is miles ahead of cardi’s album. lmao

also, ari is just tweeting her emotions away. nothing wrong with that 

Edited by Dwight Schrute

Posted

Sometimes I wish all this glaring evidence of how she's problematic didn't exist. I don't think she'll ever respond properly, either, aside from passive-aggressive tweets. A video of her Broadway vocals evolution popped up on my recommended on Youtube, and it showed so much of young Ari! I also went to her Twitter and saw her revealing her curls growing out, and it's like the ghost of her young self was haunting me lol. I was brought back to the time I was so amazed by this girl. I'm not saying I want the "old Ariana" back, because that usually refers to her clothing choices, etc., and her maturing is great. Her brand and style is awesome. It just brought me back to the time I stanned her hard and she still.... looked... white... with full vocals and amazing diction and making stunning covers but also silly impression videos or funny videos with the cast of Victorious. The donut incident, Mac Miller's death and Manchester hasn't taken a toll on her yet. No tanning to hell and back and Japanese bbq grill on her hands. No pettiness on Twitter. Not yet. Her Victoria Justice and Jeannette Mccurdy feuds came later. I was still scoffing at rumors of her being a "diva." Just, I wish I could go back to my ignorance and feel the same magic when hearing her sing or watching her perform 😭 Why does she have to pull shit every other day 

Posted

Isn't Ariana still indirectly shading Cardi by saying it's bs that Mac didn't win though? And the Grammy's inviting his family and has nothing to do with the fact that he didn't win? It's not disrespectful at all, like it's an amazing awards show that they got to experience and they were surrounded by Mac's friends-- I'm sure they were happy to have gone with or without the win, especially because they like Cardi as well. 

I know Ariana is allowed to have feelings but that doesn't excuse the fact that she's being shady and throwing a fit over her ex not winning an award. Like someone else on this thread said: dying doesn't guarantee you an award. Dead or alive, your music is what it is and critics will give the award to whoever they though produced better music. That's the way awards work. 

Posted

Isn't Ariana still indirectly shading Cardi by saying it's bs that Mac didn't win though? And the Grammy's inviting his family and has nothing to do with the fact that he didn't win? It's not disrespectful at all, like it's an amazing awards show that they got to experience and they were surrounded by Mac's friends-- I'm sure they were happy to have gone with or without the win, especially because they like Cardi as well. 

Hidden Content

i heard the grammy promised to play a tribute video for him when he win, and if it were true then ariana and his family have the right to be pissed at grammy cause that's just plain disrespectful. it's like the NFL sicko mode fiasco all over again. it's not really about "being dead guarantee a grammy" but more like they promise to pay respect to the dead and made everyone expected that but didn't delivered if that make sense. imo people who think she shades cardi are just reaching, cause it's very clear that she's pissed at the grammy not cardi.

Posted

Late to the party but lemme throw my 2 cents in.

I dun really follow ariana much but the tattoo thing caught my attention and it really pissed me off. Let me start with some context to japanese kanji. It's a beautiful writing system where each and every character has a meaning behind it on its own and when combined with other kanjis. Keep in mind ariana claims she's been learning japanese for years. Now let me list all the bs ariana did:

- Decided to leave out characters because it hurted to much: didnt put much thought into researching which kanji to use and how the meaning can change if you omit certain characters

- Claimed she still liked it because it looked good: she prioritizes the aesthetic of kanji over the meaning

- Claimed she could just add the missing characters another time: again, didnt do shit to research kanji(or hell, the japanese language) and because a) the missing characters are in the middle and she left no space for them which leads to b) thinking kanji is some kinda aesthetic playing blocks she can just mix and match

After this, she did go to 'fix' it but:

- her tutor said to put the character for 'finger' above the og tattoo(which wouldve saved it but just barely) but she instead put put it below to fit a pretty lil heart in for the aesthetic uwu: once again, prioritizing ~aesthetics~ over meaning

- she claimed it hurt to much to complete the tattoo the first time but then suddenly could endure it enough to get the damn heart: this implies the 'hurting' claim is just her playing the victim to avoid being called out as seeing a culture as ~aesthetic~

Lastly:

- she ended up completely going down the self-victimizing path with her "I just wantwd to show live but fine I'll stop learning japanese and selling japanese merch ans hell I was even gonna go to japan but bye bye to that too ig 😤" 

Oh but thats not the end of it. If this didnt piss me off already, she released that fucking mv like a week later. Yanno, the one with her kissing another woman.

Ariana has been nothing but straight thus far and even if she just wasn't out, I don't see any reason for her to just drop this mv before coming out and since it's been a week or so without her saying shit, if she randomly comes out now, it's clearly just her doing damage control.

With that in mind, let's continue.

Ariana is a straight woman and she's profitting off of wlw with this mv and it's disgusting because as a straight woman, she would have no backlash while actual queer women are getting killed because of their sexuality.

But that's not the worst of it, apparently the 'message' in this is meant to be her loving herself because the girl resembles her strikingly and that disgusts me even more because she's profitting off wlw and hiding behind an even bigger shield called the "im not gay, im kissing myself, but im still kissing a girl so go lgbt". There are so many other ways to go about self-love as a concept but this ain't it.

The song lyrics has nothing to do with wlw or even self love so euther way, her goal is clearly to profit off wlw relationships. 

Anyways, to end this rant on a positive note, y'all should check out BTS' Love Yourself album trilogy for music that properly and beautifully convey and promote self-love

Here is a song from the third album(Love Yourself: Answer) in the trilogy. Enjoy :3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o_SYttJm0SE

Posted

i heard the grammy promised to play a tribute video for him when he win, and if it were true then ariana and his family have the right to be pissed at grammy cause that's just plain disrespectful. it's like the NFL sicko mode fiasco all over again. it's not really about "being dead guarantee a grammy" but more like they promise to pay respect to the dead and made everyone expected that but didn't delivered if that make sense. imo people who think she shades cardi are just reaching, cause it's very clear that she's pissed at the grammy not cardi.

He was in a tribute at the Grammy's with Aretha Franklin and Avicii. So...He did get honored and they did respect the dead. She was obviously pissed he didn't win but Cardi got caught because she's the one who won (therefore making Mac not win) is in the crossfire and now Ariana has to deal with the public response. Ariana was recklessly tweeting during someone's acceptance speech and even if she was mad at the Grammy's, you'd think she'd @ them like the last time or said something about all the rumors about it.  She was in her feelings and now she has to deal with tweeting and deleting. 

Posted

I just need to rant for a moment. Slightly off the topic that has been going for the last couple pages, but here it goes. I have a bit of downtime at my job. I sit at a desk for 9 hours a day on a computer. Occasionally I get on buzzfeed to pass the time and I cannot escape this woman on there. Yesterday they posted an article about how she took her ponytail out and her natural hair was ICONIC/THE SLAY IS REAL. And I can't help but be annoyed by that. So many people throw this woman on a pedestal. She took her fake hair out and -gasp- she has natural hair underneath like just about every other woman. Nothing spectacular about it. And perhaps it is the grainy snapchat photo quality, but her natural hair is ok at best. You'd think she had hair made of gold woven by the angels above by how big a deal they make of it whenever she takes the pony out. I know she had the whole thing about nickelodeon ruining her hair, but boy am I tired of her natural hair being treated as the 8th wonder of the world. Ok, I'm done. Had to get it off my chest. Sorry guys

sub-buzz-31010-1549836523-1.jpg?downsize

Posted (edited)

I just need to rant for a moment. Slightly off the topic that has been going for the last couple pages, but here it goes. I have a bit of downtime at my job. I sit at a desk for 9 hours a day on a computer. Occasionally I get on buzzfeed to pass the time and I cannot escape this woman on there. Yesterday they posted an article about how she took her ponytail out and her natural hair was ICONIC/THE SLAY IS REAL. And I can't help but be annoyed by that. So many people throw this woman on a pedestal. She took her fake hair out and -gasp- she has natural hair underneath like just about every other woman. Nothing spectacular about it. And perhaps it is the grainy snapchat photo quality, but her natural hair is ok at best. You'd think she had hair made of gold woven by the angels above by how big a deal they make of it whenever she takes the pony out. I know she had the whole thing about nickelodeon ruining her hair, but boy am I tired of her natural hair being treated as the 8th wonder of the world. Ok, I'm done. Had to get it off my chest. Sorry guys

sub-buzz-31010-1549836523-1.jpg?downsize

I don't know if its the filter, angle or what but her eyebrows look extremely uneven. I thought she had that corrected?

Edited by PeppermintBark
My phone hates pull rip