• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Ariana Grande

1114 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't care about her tanning if its natural cause mediterraneans tan pretty easily in most cases and she is Italian. 

However, I dislike her a lot since the donut incident so I side eye her ever since, I must admit I liked Victorious but I didn't know about the drama at first, everyone blames Victoria but Sam & Cat got cancelled and her co-star hated her too, so I doubt it was Victoria's fault at all. 

Also didn't Pete make shitty jokes about the Manchester terrorist attack and she never said shit publicy about it? 

About the surgery: She OBVIOUSLY did it. 

Posted

I don't care about her tanning if its natural cause mediterraneans tan pretty easily in most cases and she is Italian. 

it's a spray tan lol

Posted

it's a spray tan lol

Yeah I really doubt she would ever achieve that level of tan naturally 

Posted

I feel like under all that brown makeup and spray tan she is pale as fuck.

Posted

it's a spray tan lol

If it was all spray wouldnt it come out with sweat? I really dont know how that works

Posted

If it was all spray wouldnt it come out with sweat? I really dont know how that works

Spray tans don't sweat off (to my knowledge) if you let them sit for the 6-8 hour zone (when its safe to shower). According to a google search the average spray tan lasts ~10 days. The darker it is the longer it lasts. BUT. She is a celebrity so she has more money and more access to stuff than the general consumer so it could last longer than 10 days.

Posted

Spray tans don't sweat off (to my knowledge) if you let them sit for the 6-8 hour zone (when its safe to shower). According to a google search the average spray tan lasts ~10 days. The darker it is the longer it lasts. BUT. She is a celebrity so she has more money and more access to stuff than the general consumer so it could last longer than 10 days.

10 days????? Is that even good for skin???

Posted

I had only really started noticing her when she started to make music, but I would say I am a fan of her. 

I think her personality comes off as charming and sweet, and seeing her affected by the Manchester incident made me respect her more as a celebrity. I think she's grown a lot. We're around the same age and I'm definitely not the same person I was from 5+ years ago.

And I definitely didn't have that amount of tragedy in my life either. 

As for her tanning, the way she dresses and her image, I would say that it has to be mostly controlled by her management. She is an actress and she has to sell herself in whatever way her company wants her to. Fame comes with a price. Like, I'm sure she's tired of having a ten pound ponytail on the top of her head :,D but with being a celebrity you have to do that shit. Kind of how there's controversy with Korean popstars and their agencies. Maybe American companies are more relaxed but there's totally some control with her image. -shrug-

I feel like her genuine side may reflect more in her Twitter posts. She's got a genuine sense of humor and she's relatable. So ya, I like her. 

But she might want to listen to how people can see her image as offensive and she should personally try to tone it down a bit out of respect. 

Posted

i kinda disliked her since the doughnut incident, but then kinda was neutral when she started to act more like a decent human being...but then when she liked a post dragging i think JPark or someone for beating her on itunes chart saying it's chinese bots? and then claimed she was hacked? weak ass excuse and your racism jumped out but ok. idk overall, i really did think she was latinx when i first saw her so, i dunno. couldn't care less about her music tho, despite her impressive voice it's just not my cup of tea.

Posted

There is no proof that it was a suicide.

Oops didn't even realized I miss wrote until you pointed it out! It was just a mistake, I know he OD'd. 

Posted

As for her tanning, the way she dresses and her image, I would say that it has to be mostly controlled by her management. She is an actress and she has to sell herself in whatever way her company wants her to. Fame comes with a price. Like, I'm sure she's tired of having a ten pound ponytail on the top of her head :,D . 

correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure she wants her natural hair to be like that but it was damaged from dying it red for her roles. So she wears extensions. Or atleast from what I read a year or so ago that was the claim

Posted

I think Americans really underestimate Asian artists, especially China (which is stupid considering China is the most populated country in the world). Someone like Ariana Grande has no idea just how popular Kris is, hell, he might be ever more famous than her.The impact that Exo made on all of Asia and the impact that Kris made as well by himself does not compare to what Ariana has done. Kris is also fairly popular in Latin America.

And I thought it was hilarious that the rebuttals were "hm how did Chinese people who can't even access Spotify access iTunes?" but iTunes isn't blocked in China and it made the media/anyone who commented on the issue look politically ignorant and racist.