• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Ariana Grande

2268 posts in this topic

Posted

"we're tired of celebrities with millions of dollars sitting in their multimillion-dollar homes telling us how we should cope with a serious pandemic especially for those who don't have the luxury of staying home, not working and taking care of our families or just in general upset" 

@jaybird: you all sound so dense!11! let her spread some positivity!1!! y'all complain about everything!!1 

tumblr_pcu9c1N0FS1qk88rvo2_250.gifv

At the end of the day, this is our opinion just like yours, and we were just pointing out how easy and ironic it is for these celebrities to tell other people how to feel about the situation. People aren't upset at her trying to spread positivity, it's just the positivity and advice isn't realistic for regular people who still have to work, losing their jobs, having their families taken from them, etc. 

She's telling people who make up these "excuses" that they sound privileged and stupid but the whole fact that she's able to sit at home and create art, social distance without losing her job, do all this healing is a privilege in of itself. 

So, I apologize that I don't want to hear the message from this certain messenger. 

I can’t believe a quote would cause this much discussion. A quote THATS NOT EVEN HERS. Y’all acting like she wrote a whole post giving instructions on how to create art during corona

Posted

tbf, i don't think it would matter *who* posted the quote. it's a beautiful quote, but it's not what we need. it's up there with the compilation to john lennon's imagine. 

to continuously be told to be calm is undermining our feelings when people are dying, uninsured or insured but a hospital bill away from bankruptcy, have lost their jobs and wondering about how to pay their rent and bills, let alone worrying about their family members far away. and the idea we'll become enlightened by this time and our lives will be void of our ignorant and mindless ways because of this is naïve. we don't have the luxuries of the rich, to self-quarantine ourselves in fully stocked houses with eight rooms and eight bathrooms, and see this as a time for our souls to be healed. i thought the rest of her message was fine, and she would've been fine had she posted just that imo but as a celebrity, we need more than just words. we need actions beyond thoughts and prayers or quotes, especially if these celebrities say they care as much as they do.

Posted

I can’t believe a quote would cause this much discussion. A quote THATS NOT EVEN HERS. Y’all acting like she wrote a whole post giving instructions on how to create art during corona

It doesn't matter if she wrote the quote or not?? She posted it on her story, obviously, that means she somewhat agrees with it. That's why people use quotes from other people because they like the quote which you can tell by the things she said afterward. 

Wait...you mean to tell me people are discussing things...on a discussion board?!! 🤯🤯🤯 

But back to the topic at hand, I am glad she donated something to help out. It's very generous of her to do so. 

I apologize if this is a derail. 

Posted

I understand where jaybird is coming from and yes, I would rather celebrities post something positive than create panic and be negative but it still doesn't mean much unless they put money where their mouth is and try to help out the rest of us struggling to get by. I'm not going to applaud any celebrity for making a nice post or singing a song because cool? That's nice and all but everyone else is trying to pay rent and singing Imagine isn't going to lift my spirits too much. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not white-knighting Ari, but I think she's talking more about the people like (just for example) young influencers who are still going out and treating the virus as a joke and thinking they're invincible because they're young or not immunocompromised. I could be wrong, but I don't think she's talking about the everyday person who may be saying lighter things about continuing to live their lives to keep themselves in a positive mindset. Because unfortunately, there really are a handful of young people treating the virus as something to scoff at and having "Quarantine Parties" and who are just as careless and have a warped perception of reality/come from a place of privilege. There are legitimately young people being irresponsible and who don't care about contracting the virus because they figure they will survive anyway, not realizing that: 
1. It's still not great to be sick..? And they can still have a chance of not surviving...?
2. Being tested positive means they can infect those around them that could be older/have immune deficiencies. 
3. That we're trying to cut down the amount of hospital visits, so not taking preventative measures means less space where people need them the most. 

That being said, I still wish that she was more general with her statement though because at the end of the day she has money, and the best thing she can do is to just help people who aren't as lucky. Tbh, all of these celebrities are making weird moves regarding this situation. Asking for movie recommendations or crying about having to stay inside is just...so off putting from them. Like, don't you have a bowling alley in your basement, a home theater, a sauna, and a pool in your backyard? A mortgage easily paid off. French Door fridges fully stocked and a mini bar with a billiards table? And you mean to tell me you can't find something to do....in your mansion that you constantly show off on your insta story? It's just insulting seeing them lay in their California King beds with their fur blankets and 50 inch Apple TVs being like, "I'm bored, just like you guys lol." Like, just stop. Edit: I'm not saying that celebs aren't human, just that some of them are really wild out here with their detachment from reality. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted (edited)

thoughts?

(Also her face look lifted her)

Edited by mmamakdonald990

Posted

How about she encourages a solution by donating money and supplies to local hospitals with her millions

Posted

How about she encourages a solution by donating money and supplies to local hospitals with her millions

I just saw that Taylor Swift was donating $3,000 each to a bunch of fans. Say what you will about Taylor but that's a great move. Ariana could, like you said, donate to hospitals or help order ventilators from manufacturers to give to hospitals OR go the route Taylor did and help out fans financially. If anything, it's great PR for these celebrities (although they should be doing it out of the goodness of their heart but we all know most celebs need an ulterior motive that benefits them).

Posted (edited)

i get that she's a celebrity but it's shitty that people keep digging into her personal life. especially bc she's trying to avoid repeating the pete davidson thing. just let her date people in peace

Edited by moonIight

Posted

i get that she's a celebrity but it's shitty that people keep digging into her personal life. especially bc she's trying to avoid repeating the pete davidson thing. just let her date people in peace

The vague/no face posts don't help but yeah the annoying Clevver videos with cringy hosts are worse. I was really hoping Clevver wouldn't have anything to talk about due to the fact nobody's doing anything but here they are!

Posted

I mean I get where you’re coming from but she’s a public figure, of course people are interested about her life. It comes with being a celebrity imo. 

Posted

I mean I get where you’re coming from but she’s a public figure, of course people are interested about her life. It comes with being a celebrity imo. 

It does come with being a celebrity, but that doesn't mean that it's right or that everyone has to condone it. Being interested in someone's life should still be respectful of their boundaries and all. Saying "hey, I know that guy, he has the same tattoo!" is obviously fine, but I hope people will stop there this time.

Posted (edited)

You’re complaining about gossip...on a gossip forum....funny how that works. 

Edited by rwmw

Posted

You’re complaining about gossip...on a gossip forum....funny how that works. 

I don't mean us as the people who discuss what we get privately, I mean the people who spend their time digging up everything and spreading it like wildfire because they're obsessed. I think there's a difference, maybe there isn't.

Posted

tbf, i don't think it would matter *who* posted the quote. it's a beautiful quote, but it's not what we need. it's up there with the compilation to john lennon's imagine. 

to continuously be told to be calm is undermining our feelings when people are dying, uninsured or insured but a hospital bill away from bankruptcy, have lost their jobs and wondering about how to pay their rent and bills, let alone worrying about their family members far away. and the idea we'll become enlightened by this time and our lives will be void of our ignorant and mindless ways because of this is naïve. we don't have the luxuries of the rich, to self-quarantine ourselves in fully stocked houses with eight rooms and eight bathrooms, and see this as a time for our souls to be healed. i thought the rest of her message was fine, and she would've been fine had she posted just that imo but as a celebrity, we need more than just words. we need actions beyond thoughts and prayers or quotes, especially if these celebrities say they care as much as they do.

thats why i like cardi's vid about corona better. tmz when talking about it tried to shine away from the point she was trying to make by talking about her long ass nails sigh. i changed my mind about that whole situation with ariana saying those kids sound "privileged" bcus why in the hell is SHE telling them out of all people? i always had a gripe against ariana not even recognizing her privilege, so...yeah. rubs me the wrong way. 

but i don't think the quote is up there with the imagine vid.....that whole thing was an absolute mess. 

I understand where jaybird is coming from and yes, I would rather celebrities post something positive than create panic and be negative but it still doesn't mean much unless they put money where their mouth is and try to help out the rest of us struggling to get by. I'm not going to applaud any celebrity for making a nice post or singing a song because cool? That's nice and all but everyone else is trying to pay rent and singing Imagine isn't going to lift my spirits too much. 

well i never thought it was applause worthy to do smth as basic as that, but i also don't think its worth overwhelming criticism? it just was made worse when she addressed those kids like that, otherwise, the quote is a complete afterthought. but i will say, its much easier to be positive when somethings not affecting you at all. HELL, my mom loves corny ass pinterest quotes to the T, yet i doubt she would be trying to post a positive quote or two about corona virus when she has to deal with being a nurse and going to a hospital that is dripping with corona, seeing people die of it constantly in front of her (and I'm talking people just falling face flat to the ground...dead), and dealing with a work system that doesn't give a shit about its employers. but i digress. 

the worse thing that the virus is doing to her is preventing from making mediocre music. which btw did y'all see her recent insta post?? lol her talking about "this pussy was designed for you" when talking about a boy that looks like a corny 19 year old cashier at best buy. I'm HOLLERING lmao