• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is taylor actually unlikeable?

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been lurking around (ex)PULL, mostly just skimming through some koti/venus drama whenever something on youtube reminds me of it. I wasn't surprised to find a Taylor R subsection on here and was expecting drama that I didn't know about; but that's just it, I came here and there's really no drama... just people saying they don't like her because she "lied about eating meat" in an interview (even though she repeatedly said she ate meat her whole life but was trying to exclude meats in her diet because she was failing to meet her agency's expectations when they measured her... this was a temporary diet change). I found Taylor R about 3 months ago and didn't actually look at her youtube channel until recently. I didn't think she was interesting, still isn't, but that's part of the channel imho. She's all about looks and posing, and that's fine with me.

Something about this subsection bugged me, so I ended up going through all the Taylor R threads just to see if there was any actual drama that made people hate her as much as they had expressed in their posts. The only thing I can dig up is that she's a koti clone without actually being koti; she's copying her style but not koti's actual character, AFAIK. To me, this was a relief because at least she's not duplicating koti's attitude just to please the koti crowd and ride the same waves. To me it just seems like Taylor R found a fashion she adores and wants to be a part of, and she genuinely seems happy being this way; she doesn't feel like someone who only does it for the weeb crowd. She feels like a dork trying to live out a childhood she didn't have and was always jealous of other girls for being prettier than she was. To me, it just seems like her current lifestyle is her own way of self-fulfillment. She's never really pushing for popularity, her videos scream more about "Accept me!" and "Love me!" more than "Make me viral!". Not that she doesn't want fame; I think anyone would play with the fame game, but she also seems bright and is not (usually) ignorant. I also found her TV stint to be more about expanding her talent and getting experience, it's every model's dream to do several talents outside of modelling. Tbh though her acting was pretty cringe, which just makes me think she's a total dork.

I'm not saying that Taylor R is the greatest inspiration alive; in fact she's less inspiration and more like that childhood friend who does her own crazy things and you just click "like" on her posts because you're obliged to make her feel appreciated. Not that you particularly care about her cute new nails or her new dog accessories (nevermind, I admit I find Rosie to be way more interesting than Taylor herself). I just didn't get why a lot of people were giving her flak for really no reason at all, other than being a girl who is outwardly vain and self-centered (though not narcissistic, as a narcissist would put other people down to bring themselves up, aka margo). In general, out of all the j-vloggers out there, I found Taylor R and Sharla to be pretty likeable. I'm starting to think I'm the only one who likes Taylor.. I didn't care when PULL obsessed over koti/venus drama because it was funny and koti/margo are totally crazy. I just feel bad that eventually Taylor R is gonna be thrown under the PULL crowd and I hope she'll never doubt herself as a result of our gossip.

Edited by osmone

Posted

As far as I understand she is considered a snowflake because she lies about getting plastic surgery and photoshopping her pictures (and I think about who is her "tripod-san" too?).

Besides that I agree she really doesn't do many bad things, I don't think she has ever had a drama with anyone before or talked badly about someone (though I could be wrong).

Posted

That's why she's in the little flakes section; her "drama" isn't exactly worthy of its own thread.

Things she has done:

- lied about plastic surgery (most PULL members agree that she has had something done; compare her HK pics to her pics now, and I mean unedited pics from TV/ dramas, not from her Instagram)
- "lies" about various other issues, e.g. editing, makeup etc.; puts her edited pics down to camera lenses and lighting and doesn't address that they've been obviously edited (eyes widened, skin smoothed, jaw touched up)
- Instagram; asked for follow-backs, got a ton of followers, then unfollowed everyone
- promotes a "self-love" image while editing her pictures to oblivion and not admitting it, creating unrealistic standards
- still NOT making a daily makeup tutorial despite dozens of people leaving comments for one; I get that she can do what she likes, but it's kind of suspicious when she runs a lifestyle/ beauty vlog and won't do a daily makeup routine, plus when she did her Halloween scary doll tutorial, she sat so far from the camera that her face could be safely edited.

Other things (influenced by personal opinion):

- I feel like she has yellow fever; in that HK Magazine interview she said "I suit Asian men better". Hmm :/
- re: her current lifestyle, also not honest about it; we're discussing how few jobs she has a model compared to her time in HK, and she still flies business class everywhere, takes Rosie to the salon weekly, lives in the centre of Tokyo, and gets an iPhone 6S when she already got an iPhone 6 just months ago. She definitely has a benefactor, family or otherwise. She cannot survive on her model fees for her current lifestyle.
- for as much as Taylor says she loves Japan/ loves it there, she hasn't really learnt Japanese? She's been there ~2 years and she had to be dubbed in that drama.
- kinda just dumped HK and won't talk much about it (if at all); trying to cover her past modelling b/c her face is different.

Taylor's probably the smartest/ most well managed out of the snowflakes (doesn't hurt that her family's rich). I like her, but I just take everything she does with a grain of salt. We're also pretty sure she reads this forum, because often we'll mention something here and she'll casually address it in her videos (e.g. her not talking about her time in HK as a model and whether she has extensions; she addressed both of those in her newest video). And I really think that that's the worst thing about Taylor, is that she's actually quite likable (not like Dakota who has a horrid personality), which just makes it easier for her to get away with the things mentioned above.

Posted (edited)

I guess I can see your point, I never really noticed her lying about edits and things like that; sometimes I think people get overly paranoid though. She clearly edits her shots but some more natural pics don't have much edits (not talking about nude makeup ones, I just mean sometimes she takes family pics with her natural face and its clearly different to her other photos; yet people still accuse her just because they drew lines on it and said "the lines dont lie, its edited"). Granted her edited pics greatly outweigh her non-edited pics if you just take a stroll through her gallery.. but still :P

I can agree on the lies and some other sketchy details (like tripod-san)... but I don't believe she has a sugar daddy or otherwise.. simply because I myself have a lot of money and most people don't assume that; I'm usually gossiped the same way people gossip about her lifestyle so I'm a bit biased when it comes to that about her. Especially if some contracts in particular, even just an NDA for 1 month, are sometimes worth 2x my yearly salary; but especially in the modelling business which gives people a lot of free stuff. So if I accept certain contracts, no matter how low-pay some people think it is, it's actually worth quite a lot. My sister lived and worked in Japan for 10 years; she knows japanese but not nearly as fluent. She can understand when people talk to her in japanese but she can't construct sentences of her own outside of 5 yr old vocabulary. I guess that by some coincidence or similiar circumstances, there's a lot about Taylor R that I can relate with but I do agree she's not open/honest about photoshop / video editing, but that leads me to ask "Who is?". I don't expect celebrities or anyone for that matter to be honest about beauty "secrets". I don't think that is such a huge crime.

I changed my mind though, I totally get that she has issues now that I think about it and look deeper. I think a majority of the stuff mentioned about her in some of the threads was pretty ridiculous though >.< most of it was just observations out of spite instead of musing up discussion... I haven't known about Taylor R for as long as you guys, so you bring up a lot of valid points about her.

Edited by osmone

Posted

I guess I can see your point, I never really noticed her lying about edits and things like that; sometimes I think people get overly paranoid though. She clearly edits her shots but some more natural pics don't have much edits (not talking about nude makeup ones, I just mean sometimes she takes family pics with her natural face and its clearly different to her other photos; yet people still accuse her just because they drew lines on it and said "the lines dont lie, its edited"). Granted her edited pics greatly outweigh her non-edited pics if you just take a stroll through her gallery.. but still :P

I can agree on the lies and some other sketchy details (like tripod-san)... but I don't believe she has a sugar daddy or otherwise.. simply because I myself have a lot of money and most people don't assume that; I'm usually gossiped the same way people gossip about her lifestyle so I'm a bit biased when it comes to that about her. Especially if some contracts in particular, even just an NDA for 1 month, are sometimes worth 2x my yearly salary; but especially in the modelling business which gives people a lot of free stuff. So if I accept certain contracts, no matter how low-pay some people think it is, it's actually worth quite a lot. My sister lived and worked in Japan for 10 years; she knows japanese but not nearly as fluent. She can understand when people talk to her in japanese but she can't construct sentences of her own outside of 5 yr old vocabulary. I guess that by some coincidence or similiar circumstances, there's a lot about Taylor R that I can relate with but I do agree she's not open/honest about photoshop / video editing, but that leads me to ask "Who is?". I don't expect celebrities or anyone for that matter to be honest about beauty "secrets". I don't think that is such a huge crime.

I changed my mind though, I totally get that she has issues now that I think about it and look deeper. I think a majority of the stuff mentioned about her in some of the threads was pretty ridiculous though >.< most of it was just observations out of spite instead of musing up discussion... I haven't known about Taylor R for as long as you guys, so you bring up a lot of valid points about her.

Yea, even as a frequenter of PULL I'll agree that some comments can be quite vicious/ not very constructive and simply hurtful. That's why I do my best to not comment on her appearance outside of plastic surgery comparisons; what she looks like and whether I like it isn't important, it's the difference between her HK and Japan self.

On the editing front, I think Taylor touches up nearly every picture she posts (that isn't her w/o makeup, even then I wonder). And yea, I fully understand that Instagram is based on this mythical "better life" that models have, so editing is used to perpetuate that, but there's a few people around the 'online personalities' section on PULL that are open about their editing/ plastic surgery. I think I wouldn't be so harsh on editing if Taylor didn't push that self-love vibe so strongly; in the same breath she goes from "love yourself!" to editing her pictures and won't admit that nor plastic surgery. :(

As for money we don't have proof of a benefactor, so that's just our conjecture. :P We were thinking that Taylor made enough from HK modelling to fund her lifestyle, and as odd/ random as it sounds I think she might invest and get money that way.

Re: language, I understand 100%. Some people just have a natural ability for learning languages, and Taylor might not have that... I don't think she even knows French (she's Canadian so French would likely be taught), just English. Her Cantonese was pretty basic as well and she was in Hong Kong for 3-4 years? But in HK nearly everyone speaks English so there's actually not that much chance to practice Cantonese; people will hear her accent and know that it's gonna take them twice as long to explain something to her in Canto than in English, might as well use English.

Posted (edited)

it is ok if there are ppl here who do like taylor. nothing to feel ashamed about it. 

My opinion about this topic. 

first, i am always surprise to see how sometimes ppl's mind/view of things is easily to change just by simple things. i often read here how members sometimes attack taylor for editing her pics af but on the other site when she bling bling with her eyes, cries or plays the cute victim/innocent girl, members fast change their sites and start to support her and say : oh, she is so nice and cute and honest bla bla bla! 

let me say, that taylor is an expert. she knows what to do and say to keep ppl/haters calm and to win their support. since taylor works for years in the media industry she knows that a "pure image" is half of the win. celebrities often get told by their managers to be nice and never rude to other. so it wouldn't surprise me at all if taylor also gets told what to upload or say to keep this image. since we all just know her " online persona " we actually can't say if she is this same irl. everyone can play a cute anime persona online but being an asshole irl. so who knows !? 

compare to venus and dakota, taylor is just smarter to keep her drama away from the internet. 

about why she is here. let me say that even we don't know if she has drama or not she is fake as all the other snowflakes. just bc she did not do the same things like venus or dakota, doesn't mean that she is a good person. she lies, edits her pictures and videos, claims to be this perfect girl ( while doing plastic surgery and editing and other stuffs ) .

to me a person who gives a wrong message/image to young ppl ( while himself isn't perfect at all too) isn't better as someone who scams ppl. young girls start to get complex with their bodies and start to hate themself just bc they can't be the same like their idol. 

and the most sad thing is that actually taylor should know how it is to live with those complex since according to her she did not like her youngerself too when she saw all these beautiful models in the catalogs. and i guess that she still doesn't accept her appereance bc she is doing plastic surgery and editing. 

so even if she isn't a racist, scammer, rude as other or doesn't make her drama plubic,  she is fake as all the other snowflakes and defently belongs here.  

Edited by _piggy_

Posted

I agree, scammer doesn't have to necessary scam for money. Scaming for followers etc. what Taylor did are also scams.

Posted

I agree, scammer doesn't have to necessary scam for money. Scaming for followers etc. what Taylor did are also scams.

That's a good point; her Instagram stunt was a scam. She promised something, tricked people into giving her what she wanted, then retracted her side of the deal.

Posted

I find it impossible to hate Taylor :alpacaworry: I binge watched her videos the other day and I feel like I'm becoming her fan. I just don't like the messy editing and photoshopping.

Posted

@polybrow Ok enjoy, but PULL is here to point out her shitty behaviour, not to boost up her confidence in being a snowflake.

Taylor is religiously following this subforum, keep that in mind.

Posted

@polybrow Ok enjoy, but PULL is here to point out her shitty behaviour, not to boost up her confidence in being a snowflake.

Taylor is religiously following this subforum, keep that in mind.

I'm well aware of that, I originally discovered her through PULL and I know about the shitty things she's done, just to me she's the most easy to like Snowflake. 

Posted

@polybrow Aha, I understand that, I agree. 

Others are too much like a brand, too specific. It's hard to relate to them. Taylor is very ordinary, it doesn't have to be her. I like these unspecial people as well, it's more fun, even when they're boring. She's my fav semi-active snowflake as well! 

OT (sorry cuz it's not in spoiler, I'm on phone)

On that note, does anybody know more similar  ordinary attention seekers like Taylor? Not neccessarily with a shitty personality, but if they love to fake or are full of "let's love each other, I'm so nice" complex, it's a bonus. Would be good if they have Instagram (easiest to enjoy pics) and that Instagram is public (I don't want to follow any of them, just want to check them out when I feel like it).

mh_audrey -her account got private, and she's pregnant now so once she get baby will probably (hopefully) go off other snowflakes' coattails

lupokku -ok, but that terrible makeup really scares me off from time to time, would be better if she would be just a little bit more natural (or pretend so)

thinbunnee -first she deleted her account, now it's private unfortunatelly, but she loves drama

b4by.jpg -I'm checking her

gemieee -she's too weird looking tbh, and not so active

If I go through tag "livingdoll", there are hilarious people, but I would rather see somebody who is actually trying their best to be e-fmaous (like Taylor). Also itms better if they're rich so they can have more clothes, shoes, have better hair, makeup, nails, get better camera/phone so after editing the quality of photo won't be unbearably bad etc. ...you get the picture.

Since this topic is imo over (we should actually have Taylor R Summary - who wants to make it?), let's do some OT and share some similar chicks, is that ok?

Posted (edited)

@lisa  I noticed that the youtuber Wengie is like Taylor. promoting the image "to love yourself", did plastic surgery, but doesnt admit it (only to the most obvious ones). But I'm not really following her. People here on the forum are "hating" her for this kind of behaviour. But I was surprised that in Taylors cas there are many people still liking her. But they seem to be really similar personalities....

And my 2 Cents to the previous topic. For me the worst snowflakes are those who promote an innocent image, but if you turn your back on them, they are pretty nasty liars (For example Venus too). Its ok when people like Taylor/ enjoy her videos, I can understand that, but I cant forget her lies... sorry (but I can understand your feelings, because she improved her image and is moving away from being a dakota clone). I mentioned it before compared to Dakota for example she is trying to convince everybody that her appearance is heaven sent, not achieved through editing or plastic surgery. She even made videos like the camera equipment one or the i-phone one, to demonstrate it just depends on the right angle, lighting, camera lense etc. I'm pretty sure her workout videos had the same purpose because sometimes we said she is too thin, maybe not healthy etc. (Dakota for example did the eye poking thing to convince everybody, that she doesnt wear circle lenses, BUT she didnt make videos about why she is looking different in every single picture!) And just to get more followers, Taylor is trying to be the nicest person in the world (read the fan comments, the nice image is the only thing people are interested in. Its like her brand!), while she cant even be honest about such a simple thing as her appearance/her face. But yes, she is one of the snowflakes with the most positive image, I have to admit. Its actually sad that people doesnt ask her about photoshop anymore. Long time ago people called her out for her photoshop and she always jumped right into the conversation, trying to defend herself (look at the video threat, I posted one example about her calves). Today people dont see Taylor reacting to these kind of comments anymore and think she is not lying or she is not denying photoshop. But she is still heavy denying it (again her camera equipment video). Just because she doesnt address photoshop directly in her posts, it doesnt mean she is not lying about it. ;)

Here a picture which describes Taylors personality very well:

eisberg.png

Edited by *horizon*
grammar

Posted

I'm sorry this is kinda off topic but is that mh_audrey person @lisa mentioned before a snowflake? I've seen her hang out with JVloggers and other people before and she has a ton of followers but as far as I know she isn't a jvlogger and she doesn't talk much so I really don't know who she is/what she does so I don't understand why she is so famous. 

Posted

Let's be real here: Her obsession with hiding her age and shooping her face and getting plastic surgery to look like a kawaii baby alien is hilarious. Although she's obv a massive liar and Asian fetishist, most of her thread is just for watching her slowly fall down into this weird rabbit hole. We all know she looks hardly like her pictures and them fillers are ridic. I think it's okay to just enjoy the fails sometimes.