• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

659 posts in this topic

Posted

Another 'trend' that's just... why would you do that... is glitter roots. WHY???? Legitimately makes me kind of want to cry. :beardo:

I repeat, this is not a look. This is not a look.

I love glitter, but well away from me... is something horrible to clean! I can't look at these hair without realizing how much glitter will fall in the eyes, clothes, the food, it's even disgusting! glitter is something beautiful but extremely cruel, it touches my skin and only comes out after a week. :alpacaworry2:
because of that, I just use some kind of glitter in makeup, clothing or nail polish, because it's not literally glitter, it just appears to be.
These girls seem to forget how life works and do crazy things just to be within their aesthetic :alpacabored:

Posted

Oh god where to start...

these kind of eyebrows:

image.thumb.jpeg.d04f0fb93fdfe2451083d17

wearing rolled up pants and sneakers in winter/ naked legs in winter. ITS FUCKING COLD WEAR SOME BOOTS AND SOCKS GODDAMNIT (pic related)

image.thumb.jpeg.e2ebaefe9953643ff6ed178

the youtuber beauty guru starter kit:

image.thumb.jpeg.57ca500bc778aff9b7b2c33

Posted

Oh god where to start...

these kind of eyebrows:

Hidden Content

wearing rolled up pants and sneakers in winter/ naked legs in winter. ITS FUCKING COLD WEAR SOME BOOTS AND SOCKS GODDAMNIT (pic related)

Hidden Content

the youtuber beauty guru starter kit:

Hidden Content

this is so tRue I can't even. Also the whole contour crazy thing that's going on.

Posted

The whole super pointy chin trend, having a slim chin is good and all but some people take it so far it looks like their chin could stab someone. 

Posted (edited)

Sequin tops are the worst. They're uncomfortable, unflattering and remind me of the clothes i used to wear when I was 8. 

y.jpg

Also, metallic jackets and coats, they make you look like you're wearing aluminum foil. 

ded0775ddccd91b1f2ca2162ab4bb5eb.jpg

Edited by Sphinx

Posted

Not sure if this trend really lived too long at all but

Furry Nails

Honestly, just why? I doubt you would even be able to keep them clean for long, or do anything in general :Alpacamad:

980x.jpg

nails-png.png

gallery-1455730299-fur4.jpg

Posted

I hate the mul gwang trend, I have oily skin, so seeing those people with "wet skin" make me nervous.

201010151348591001_1.jpg mul gwang

oily-skin.jpg oily skin

Posted (edited)

I really find aegyo sal disgusting looking, like pus inside the eye.. many have them naturally when they smile or something and that's cute. I have it as well but it's when people get fillers or highlight their eye bag it looks so extremely weird mostly when it's make up, it just cakes up and leaves you looking like a wannabe ulzzang.

75b629fc2a3f36b7f9bc17ba8b74cf3f.jpg

I hate the mul gwang trend, I have oily skin, so seeing those people with "wet skin" make me nervous.

Hidden Content

I think there's a big difference between oily and healthy looking shiny skin. I really love it when my skin glows :P

Edited by Sunflowers

Posted (edited)

I really find aegyo sal disgusting looking, like pus inside the eye.. many have them naturally when they smile or something and that's cute. I have it as well but it's when people get fillers or highlight their eye bag it looks so extremely weird mostly when it's make up, it just cakes up and leaves you looking like a wannabe ulzzang.

75b629fc2a3f36b7f9bc17ba8b74cf3f.jpg

I think there's a big difference between oily and healthy looking shiny skin. I really love it when my skin glows :P

I actually like it cause I have it naturally even without smiling

Not sure if this trend really lived too long at all but

gallery-1455730299-fur4.jpg

Why is half her hair braided and the other side is not?

it looks like she was too lazy to finish braiding her hair lol

Edited by RainbowCrystal110

Posted (edited)

I dunno if its a trend anywhere else but where I live this is popular..? I hate these bangs so much

Hidden Content

Literally the quickest shortcut ever to let everyone know you're offended by everything lmfao. 

Double points if its coloured an unnatural colour.

As for glitter roots, I think it can look okayish if its done like this girl's here:

1447971499-glitter-roots.thumb.jpg.84bc7

Not too OTT. Tbh I don't understand the obsession everyone has with glitter in general these days. All of the indie fashion seems to revolve around 90s esque stuff. I think its kinda ugly some of it, reminds me of being 5 when my grandma put glitter in my hair for my cousins 10th birthday party haha.

Edited by Mikan

Posted

Literally the quickest shortcut ever to let everyone know you're offended by everything lmfao. 

Double points if its coloured an unnatural colour.

I just got my haircut today and my hairdresser fucked up and now I have bangs like that (not as bad though) I want to cry *wears a hat for two months until it grows out*:amgplz:

On topic, not a trend..but... the whole "GUYS LIKE GIRLS WHO ______" or "HOW TO IMPRESS MEN" needs to get the fuck out of my face forever. I don't care what guys like. For awhile there I did, and it made me feel so shit about myself. I have short hair, am reasonably tall, pale, and I tend to wear baggy clothing or "boy" fashion. The amount of times I was told by woman and men alike "You're never gonna get a boyfriend with hair like that / skin like that / dressing like that" was ridiculous, and I was only fourteen, I wasn't even interested in getting a boyfriend? Ughh.

Posted (edited)

I hope i don't get hate on this but...literally outfits solely put together with Brandy Melville stuff. Seriously EVERYTHING looks like pyjamas. Plus, i, as a chubby, short girl, feel like their stuff is only made for skinny, cali beach gals. Also i am totes ma goates against their "one size fits all" philosophy, cuz it certainly does not.

Now i personally own some of their stuff too, i think they have really cute bralettes for example and i think the prices are pretty cool But whenever i walk past a store and see the mannequins in their store windows i'm like: nope, its a pyjama store.

it's propably just me :alpacadone:

brandy_melville.jpg

Edited by coffeeandsilk

Posted

Some high-waisted shorts look like diapers. (Others are cute; it's a matter of cut and fit obviously).

Agreed on the too-short bangs. Especially if paired with the no-eyebrow look (like Yolandi Visser); it's just alien and weird.

I hadn't seen glitter roots before today but wtf.

Posted

Trends I think should die?

Dark fake tans. Especially if they go from like, "So pale that you blend in with the sand at the beach" to "Jersey shore reject". Or like, a dark orangey/browny colour face, and white hands. You've seen the photos. We all have. On that note-- white girls using foundation the colour of peanut butter. WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST MATCH THEIR FOUNDATION TO THEIR FACE????

Denim underwe-- I mean those super short denim shorts. You know the ones.

Fringe. Like, on anything. Gross. Not, like bangs, hair fringes. Like, the trim on clothes and boots, and why?