• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

665 posts in this topic

Posted

It looks like they made their little siblings mad so they dumped glitter on them for revenge. Or like, you got wasted at a party and passed out, so as a prank they dumped glitter on you. It looks so childish and gross though, and a major pain. Who even thought of glitter roots?

some tumblr hipster who's obsessed with aesthetic. Good luck washing that out.

s

Posted

some tumblr hipster who's obsessed with aesthetic. Good luck washing that out.

s

I should have figured, that seems like how most of these trends start. I feel bad for whoever does their plumbing, because I imagine that they have to call the plumber over every week to unclog all the glitter and sequins out of their drains. It also looks like it would make your hair hard as well. I saw a woman who did this to her daughter, and I was kind of mad when I saw it. It was more suiting for a child but still.

Posted

Another 'trend' that's just... why would you do that... is glitter roots. WHY???? Legitimately makes me kind of want to cry. :beardo:

I repeat, this is not a look. This is not a look.

Pic #1 looks like dandruff.

There is basically hardly a difference between these pictures from googling "dandruff" and #1.:harharplz:

051708-dandruff.gif

9144931.jpg

!opinion ahead!

Also while I was just searching glitter roots, I came across this other trend that apparently happened/is happening...:beardo:

If you didn't like glitter roots nor dyed armpit hair, then shield your eyes.

1448969295-screen-shot-2015-12-01-at-112

maxresdefault.jpg

unnamed_15.png

Eye soap for you:

two-ginger-kittens-cuddling.jpg

Posted

I get into lots of arguments on reddit about this but I don't think that those extreme colour correcting stuff works. I just feel like putting on those orange/red concealer under your eyes PLUS and additional skin toned concealer just cakes everything up and having all that additional product under your eyes will obviously cover up any discoloration under your eyes but it's pretty much like putting on 3 layers on concealer and it'll look cakey af in person.

Also I hate all this extreme contouring and baking stuff. I just don't think it's healthy to put all that amount of product on your face every single day and it just looks really gross and cakey to me. I just think people are going way too overboard with contouring now.

Her face doesn't match her neck??

This shit is so extra

Why would anyone do this???

Basically everything on this instagram page makes me facepalm

Posted (edited)

Wow i have never seen back of the neck contouring. There is no way i would be able to tell what i was doing! Anyway, I thought the valentines day one was pretty cute because the result didn't seem as completely caked as much as the others though.

random story but when I was younger, I used to put lots of foundation and powers on my face and tried the same contouring techniques... after a while however my skin started to burn and I apparently developed some weird allergic reaction thing to makeup and now I can only apply extremely thin layers of foundation, thin eye liner and no mascara. I wonder if that was a direct result of caking my face in so many products. :alpacaworry:

Eyyy that looks like Fendi Laken. But I think what IG girls forget is that drag queens are men so they do deep contours and super light highlights to make themselves look like women. Women don't have to do that. A light contour and highlight is enough to accentuate your features. And my god I've had enough with the gradient eyebrows. Your eyebrows should go from barely there to super dark in a gradient. It looks weird.

Something that kinda irks me (and I'm clinching my butthole for impending hate) but I don't like the circle lenses with a dark black ring on the outside. It's popular amongst tumblr girls and weebs, but it looks cartoony to me. 

eyes1.thumb.jpg.5467095144547758a2da0ec4

like these are good

eyes2.thumb.jpg.9fbea2b4428d1cb9167f2e0c

these look cartoony

I find it hilarious when flakes try to lie about lenses and they wear the ones with the big black rings on the outside

I definitely agree with this. I think big eyes are pretty cool but the ring is so fake and distracting. This ring is actually called the limbal ring. I read somewhere that when you are young, the ring is very thick:

babyface.jpg

but as you grow older, it begins to disappear and have a fuzzier edge to it:

2592669.jpeg

I think that so many lenses have it because it can make the person look younger and thus kawaii and what not. But i still think that the ones on those contacts are pretty ugly.:anime:

Edited by Person

Posted

I get into lots of arguments on reddit about this but I don't think that those extreme colour correcting stuff works. I just feel like putting on those orange/red concealer under your eyes PLUS and additional skin toned concealer just cakes everything up and having all that additional product under your eyes will obviously cover up any discoloration under your eyes but it's pretty much like putting on 3 layers on concealer and it'll look cakey af in person.

Also I hate all this extreme contouring and baking stuff. I just don't think it's healthy to put all that amount of product on your face every single day and it just looks really gross and cakey to me. I just think people are going way too overboard with contouring now.

Her face doesn't match her neck??

This shit is so extra

Why would anyone do this???

Basically everything on this instagram page makes me facepalm

The first one works but they do it wrong. You don't put that much under your eyes! Just a little under the area and then blend it with foundation.  Oh and you dont put additional concealer of your own skin colour   just the orange one or peach etc. (Depends on your skin colour)

And the contouring/higlighting is so stupid, every pro mua will agree on that.

Posted

About CC cream, using the green one all over your face works really well when youre trying to get sent home from school ^_^

I wore it a few times when i was younger because it makes you look naturally drained of colour (goth kid) and the teachers took one look at me and thought I was going to pass out.

Posted (edited)

hriuojklfjsdkuhvioofapidiSNJgokd;f;pifuuojklmnwjafhsduiodklmansfjdkguiogulskrsemjnksdhuiofklh,.mngefjskolpirewugnjkfdlaoirnhjmdsfnbgvftyguvibjlksr,mejnbsghdtyuifgjlkhnmhjhdsvbgretysud7ifoglkhfmnjbewrjmklgjfmnh,kle;opresifnhmdklsroi fnmdvklhujygtfrdetrgyuikl,m.nbvcxdsfrtyuiolkmnjbvcfdertyuikljmnbvcfdgthyjlkjihuytresdxcvbnjkloijuyjtrdesfxcvbnjkiujytgfrdxcvbnmjkljhbvgcfdxsedrtyujikoplkjmnhbgvcvbnm,l;p[oiuyt5r4e34567890p[;l,mnbvfcdser4567yuiokl,mnbvcxsderty6u7i89ooi8uytgvbnmklk;loiuytgrf

Edited by sandy11

Posted (edited)

I basically hate anything Melanie Martinez and her fans wear. Went to a concert and was severely creeped out tbh it was a huge fuckfest of that fetishized infantilism and it was disturbing to have 13 y/os walking around with pacifiers in their mouth, and even more disturbing to see the 30 y/o men doing the same thing :/ 

edit: should mention I saw way too many double buns and glitter roots at the concert and the glitter was falling everywhere. 

Edited by nachosenpai

Posted

I basically hate anything Melanie Martinez and her fans wear. Went to a concert and was severely creeped out tbh it was a huge fuckfest of that fetishized infantilism and it was disturbing to have 13 y/os walking around with pacifiers in their mouth, and even more disturbing to see the 30 y/o men doing the same thing :/ 

edit: should mention I saw way too many double buns and glitter roots at the concert and the glitter was falling everywhere. 

Oh gosh, I like her songs but I agree completely about the weird baby fetish thing. She released a new music video and I was quite disappointed out to see her portray Crybaby instead of an actual child..Just, so off??? 

2016-03-16_21_12_05-Melanie_Martinez_-_C

2016-03-16_21_12_54-Melanie_Martinez_-_C

Posted (edited)

Oh gosh, I like her songs but I agree completely about the weird baby fetish thing. She released a new music video and I was quite disappointed out to see her portray Crybaby instead of an actual child..Just, so off??? 

2016-03-16_21_12_05-Melanie_Martinez_-_C

2016-03-16_21_12_54-Melanie_Martinez_-_C

she sounds amazing live (literally just like her studio recording) but this whole baby thing is a trend I hate and she's exacerbated the entire thing with her fame. 

Edit: just watched the video and she wore that blue plastic dress for the concert I went to lol

Edited by nachosenpai

Posted

As someone that has a wide set body type (skinny, I'm just not petite because of said body type), I always feel extremely awful about these challenges because it makes me feel like crap about myself :alpacadone: 

Posted

As someone that has a wide set body type (skinny, I'm just not petite because of said body type), I always feel extremely awful about these challenges because it makes me feel like crap about myself :alpacadone: 

This what you saying. I hate such challenges because not everybody has the same body type or height. 
I have a small niece and she is in the second grade elementary school (she is bigger, her parents are both tall so she is bigger too) and she is already dealing with these things.
It makes me reeeeeally mad not just for her but also for other girls.

Posted (edited)

This what you saying. I hate such challenges because not everybody has the same body type or height. I have a small niece and she is in the second grade elementary school (she is bigger, her parents are both tall so she is bigger too) and she is already dealing with these things.
It makes me reeeeeally mad not just for her but also for other girls.

Haha, I'm very tall as well (almost 6 feet). And honestly, it's really frustrating enough to be a tall girl because no clothes ever fit you and people find you intimidating no matter who you are so she is in for a tough ride.

Not saying having this kind of body type or being tall is worse than anything else, just speaking from my own experience. People have these weird conception about tall girls in general, and no clothes will fit you. But at least it's easy to intimidate idiots because tall women is super scary for some 
xD your niece is going to grow up to be an awesome amazon woman!

Edited by boopa

Posted

Haha, I'm very tall as well (almost 6 feet). And honestly, it's really frustrating enough to be a tall girl because no clothes ever fit you and people find you intimidating no matter who you are so she is in for a tough ride.
Not saying having this kind of body type or being tall is worse than anything else, just speaking from my own experience. People have these weird conception about tall girls in general, and no clothes will fit you. But at least it's easy to intimidate idiots because tall women is super scary for some 
xD your niece is going to grow up to be an awesome amazon woman!

At least you can be a model ;)