• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

671 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(fashion trend)

the whole notion of higher price tag = better style. just because you own a gucci sweater, that doesn't mean you have "better style" as suppose to someone who doesn't. money doesn't buy style. you can express your style whether your budget is $100 or $1M.

(beauty trend)

the pr packaging for some brands are just excessive and harmful to the environment and how colourpop releases a new collection literally every week really is overwhelming. 

Edited by daydreamers

Posted

- A full layer of liquid highlight under foundation.  WTF?

-You have to really test something for a while to see how it behaves.  Don't try to sell your video as a review when it's really a first impressions.  I wish Youtube bitches would learn the difference.

Posted

- A full layer of liquid highlight under foundation.  WTF?

-You have to really test something for a while to see how it behaves.  Don't try to sell your video as a review when it's really a first impressions.  I wish Youtube bitches would learn the difference.

foundation reviews that don't show the wear are useless lol, like most foundation looks good freshly applied, but most people are wearing makeup for the whole day and not just an hour for a video/shoot. 

Posted

foundation reviews that don't show the wear are useless lol, like most foundation looks good freshly applied, but most people are wearing makeup for the whole day and not just an hour for a video/shoot. 

Influencers thinking they're 'regular people just like us' are just ugh

Posted

Sorry for bumping a kind of dead thread but insta keeps advertising "eyebrow lamination" (basically a lash perm for your eyebrow hairs) to me and i hate it so much it's so jarring. Like I can see maybe for people who have very thin brows from over plucking or scarring etc how it might work as an alternative to tattoos, but all the ads i see are like....this

Image result for laminated browsScreen_Shot_2019-10-24_at_09.49.49_70ccb5e792fc134011_Claudia2520Odey2520brow252

Posted

i really feel,,, some kind of way,,,,,, for women who inject way too much lip filler that they look p dumb

i was in london the other day, standing by a woman with this kind of look and it made me think, what's the point? what is the end goal of looking like a mf duck? do you, it's ur own life but also...?!?!?!?

I got bullied by my relatives and school for having big lips and I still get constantly reminded (negatively) about them. And now, all these same bitches all want surgery for it!!! :hoplz:

Posted

High waisted panties with high leg cuts always look like they've been hiked up Steve Urkel style to me. Not flattering at all.

Posted

I've noticed an old that trend that's starting to resurface online. It's the low waist jeans trend from the 2000's. Personally, I find it uncomfortable and too revealing? But that's probably just me being insecure about my tummy. Lmfaooo. I also noticed that the 2000's general fashion is somewhat resurfacing. I'm not a big fan of it. A specific one is the baguette bag, which has been definitely getting around. I think that one's cute and some outfits do look nice, but most just feel pretty meh.

Sorry for bumping a kind of dead thread but insta keeps advertising "eyebrow lamination" (basically a lash perm for your eyebrow hairs) to me and i hate it so much it's so jarring. Like I can see maybe for people who have very thin brows from over plucking or scarring etc how it might work as an alternative to tattoos, but all the ads i see are like....this

Hidden Content

Those examples look horrifying... But then again, I think they're better than the thick block eyebrows. It looks like they've been drawn on using sharpies. I CAN'T.

Posted

I've noticed an old that trend that's starting to resurface online. It's the low waist jeans trend from the 2000's. Personally, I find it uncomfortable and too revealing? But that's probably just me being insecure about my tummy. Lmfaooo. I also noticed that the 2000's general fashion is somewhat resurfacing. I'm not a big fan of it. A specific one is the baguette bag, which has been definitely getting around. I think that one's cute and some outfits do look nice, but most just feel pretty meh.

Those examples look horrifying... But then again, I think they're better than the thick block eyebrows. It looks like they've been drawn on using sharpies. I CAN'T.

ahh yes yikes... the 2000s fashion. Everytime I see someone walking around in it I get war flashbacks

Posted

I've been waiting for this one to come back. It was bound to happen eventually, but it's not a flattering cut for everyone and as trends go, a lot of people will be wearing them regardless of if it looks good. Which is fine at the end of the day, wear what you want, but the ultra-low cut is not one I hope takes over mid and high-waisted cuts. When I was younger, the low cut flare was basically all that was available where I was and it was uncomfortable (insecurity when you sit down/bend over, always hiking them up, potentially accentuating a muffin top if you had one or high-sitting hips), but as someone with a long torso and long-ish legs, they look AWFUL on me lol. Once I discovered high-waisted jeans, it changed everything. A friend of mine only recently discovered high-waisted skinnies and she was raving to me how amazing they are lol. But I can kind of understand how it'd be frustrating for people with short torsos to not be able to find regular or low-rise so they do serve a purpose.

The large printed hobo bags, tacky metallic fabrics, strappy shoes with flared jeans, and babydoll tops of the 2000's upheaval are awful.  But the one thing I can't stand is now that the flare is coming back, with the cropped trend (which is another thing I'm not a huge fan of) still going strong, you get cropped flared jeans. And sometimes with low/mid waists and it just... doesn't look flattering whatsoever on anyone imo 

:beardo:

Also, I was browsing Yesstyle the other night and was surprised to see a lot of... mormon and mennonite-inspired clothing from Korea? Like, not just regular "modest" dresses for spring, either. I don't wear dresses so maybe this trend has been around longer than I've noticed, but it's kind of bizarre?? No hate against those lifestyles necessarily, but with many Asian women being on the smaller side, a lot of the constructions I saw were so ill-fitting that they looked like they were playing dress up and it was just not... it. And obviously, with it being a trend and not a lifestyle, the serving purpose and cultural background is eliminated, so it just makes zero sense to me when it's not flattering and often in pastel tones which, being Chinese myself, don't usually flatter yellow and/or olive undertones. I'm mostly just curious where this trend originated from tbh