• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Pokimane Graduation   07/05/20

Hello. Pokimane has been given her own Subforum in the Little Snowflakes section. This change and other minor site changes have been made and can be found in the site changes thread here. Thank you.

Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

677 posts in this topic

Posted

snake skin pattern. just why.

Posted (edited)

Biker / bicycle shorts as normal shorts.They don't look good on anyone

Korean men's fashion. After seeing so many guys just buy random branded shit and throw it together for a "look," I'm kind of appalled. 

Half or your hair in a bun up, rest of your hair down. It makes it look like you have extremely thin hair.

Edited by darlin

Posted

I always thought it was dumb for someone to wear clothes that are obviously too small for them. I know it's not really a fashion trend but it's something I see way too often. I'm not body-shaming cause most people can't help how they look! I just think you need to dress accordingly. You can look beautiful no matter what size you are just make sure you're wearing something appropriate.

Also, are duck lips still a thing? If they are then they shouldn't be.

Posted (edited)

I'm white and I have those, I honestly don't get why so many people go as far as to recreate them. Of course the trend helps normalise the whole thing so there's that lol

Every time I smile my eyes look smaller because of that and I get crow's feet. It's annoying.

Ooops didn't realise I was on the first page of the thread lol

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXthis trend seems to only be popular among koreans and koreaboos but it looks horrible to me.

also, those chokers literally every single girl wears need to stop. Not that theyre ugly, i just think its overdone. And gradient eyebrows n overlined lips.

Edited by thankyouforthemeows
I'm dumb

Posted

Really long nails. I just find them kinda nasty.

Posted

That whole fake "eyebrows on fleek" trend from 2015-16 was really fucking annoying. Glad it's dying out like a contained plague. 

fleekbullshit.jpg

Posted

Super duper fluffy long falsies. I do not like how they look and I understand it works good with dramatic eye makeup, but it’s too much and from far away, it looks like you have a black block on your eye.

Posted

huge injection lips, massive unnatural false lashes, and heavy highlighter on the cheeks

Posted

All those chinese tik tok makeup with people using tape, cotton and etc in their faces. In my country, now have a trend: using all in your face matte. Matte foundation, matte lipstick, even matte eyeliner. As someone with dry skin all I feel is that my face will crack sometimes. 

Posted (edited)

Trends I detest:

- Tissue paper + lipstick + lips (= stupid and impractical)

- Super dark spraytanning (I have no problem with spray tans until I find that the shade is four times darker than the person they're intended for, and are named 'Chocolate Delight' or crap like that)

- Eyebrow braids (there are people who are willing to pay money for this, smh 🤦)

- Trying to blend makeup with objects that weren't designated for that at all (e.g Red Bottoms heels, Starbucks cups, Christmas ornaments, and more, all thanks to our beauty influencer friends 💩)

- Putting makeup on babies (this one takes it way too far. Babies are cute without makeup, I don't see why ANYONE should/would try and apply it to their faces.

I don't think most of these were really trends, but moreover ideas that some select people do for whatever reason. For example, "instagram brows" were done by a bunch of people, but object blending was mostly done by beauty gurus as a gag/attention grab.

Edited by Va1entine

Posted

Tanning, either fake or real

Real tanning is bad for your skin and will cause damage and aging, people act like only fake tanning is bad.

Posted

putting blush on your nose... i don't like it, i don't get it

Posted

this was prolly mentioned before but the fake freckles thing + blush

as someone with both of those naturally, i've been teased to hell and back because of them and not in nice, friendly ways either.

Posted

this was prolly mentioned before but the fake freckles thing + blush

as someone with both of those naturally, i've been teased to hell and back because of them and not in nice, friendly ways either.

But isn't it better if people now stop teasing the ones with freckles and blush and appreciate the beauty of it instead?

Posted

But isn't it better if people now stop teasing the ones with freckles and blush and appreciate the beauty of it instead?

would be amazing, but i doubt that's gonna happen. people can be assholes in any way.

and the thing with them being trends.. the freckles are drawn on a face already covered by mascara, the blush is put on in a uniform manner and that's definitely not the case for me...