• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

654 posts in this topic

Posted

y’all coming for my life smh anastasia beverly hills is my go to

Everytime I fill in my brows I look like oscar the grouch, maybe Anastasia's brow pencil will save me. :alpacadone:

Posted (edited)

I also personally hate how in the metal/goth community I'm seeing more of these trends. The two subcultures that started off by rebelling against society and society's standards is now doing the exact opposite of what it originally stood for..

(P.S. NuGoth is trash I don't care who disagrees with me).

Dear God, is Nu Goth the “Lil Peep-fangirl-toopoor-clone” look? If so, I really fucking hate it. They’re not goth, they’re just edgy teenagers who love Lil Peep and wearing black.

1C49FE24-4792-4FAB-BD5F-A873F85ECB44.thu

Edited by lilico

Posted

Dear God, is Nu Goth the “Lil Peep-fangirl-toopoor-clone” look? If so, I really fucking hate it. They’re not goth, they’re just edgy teenagers who love Lil Peep and wearing black.

1C49FE24-4792-4FAB-BD5F-A873F85ECB44.thu

Nah 

Nu Goth is like Killstar and early Goff Felice Fawn.

Those edgelords are just wannabe soundcloud rappers.

Posted

I hate the fact that it nowadays seems like a trend to be super supportive of plastic surgery. I see instagram influencers promoting it ALL THE TIME, sometimes its even listed in their bio *lips done by X, boobs done by Y*, etc. I think is is a really bad and unhealthy example for especially younger followers. It all seems so normal now, like just going to an appointment at the hair salon. It shouldn't be this normal. It is not normal to promote cutting into perfectly healthy bodies. It is fine if you are insecure about something to change it, but why do you have to promote it so much?

Also, the fat acceptance movement. Obesity is dangerous and shouln't be celebrated or justified.

100% agree on the plastic surgery promotion. I'm not against people getting ps and if they get it done I think they should be open about it rather than claiming they're all natural BUT I find it super shady and off puting when they influencers do sponsored posts/Videos about getting it done. I get that everyone has bills to pay but I doubt having some integrity and not doing sponsored plastic surgery/fillers posts will make them go broke.

Posted

About the Nu Goth thing, if you're gonna drag the sub culture at least do some research and don't get it mixed up with another look.

That whole "Lil Peep fangirl/boy" is more of a mixture of streetwear and emo/scene.

Where Nu Goth is the gothic version of current fashion, like Trad Goth is basically the gothic version of 80s/70s fashion.

But anyways, the one trend I hate are Birkenstocks. They became a trend where I live, and it's hideous.

51791.jpg

Posted

About the Nu Goth thing, if you're gonna drag the sub culture at least do some research and don't get it mixed up with another look.

That whole "Lil Peep fangirl/boy" is more of a mixture of streetwear and emo/scene.

Where Nu Goth is the gothic version of current fashion, like Trad Goth is basically the gothic version of 80s/70s fashion.

But anyways, the one trend I hate are Birkenstocks. They became a trend where I live, and it's hideous.

51791.jpg

THIS SEEMS SOMETHING MY GRANPA WOULD LOVE LMAO

Posted

IMG_0199-900x655.jpgsocks-with-sandals-1080x608.jpgTHIS SEEMS SOMETHING MY GRANPA WOULD LOVE LMAO

they are so comfy tho :alpacaworry2:

the only ugly thing is when girls wear big colorful socks with them like once I saw this girl wear huge captin America knee socks with them and it was hideous 

Images above I think 

Posted

51791.jpg

I had 2 pairs of these from H&M >.> they were so comfortable! but then when i started sweating in them, they were smelling so bad! They had a weird fabric and all shoes from H&M using that weird fabric made my feet turn into a pair of skunks ... which is weird because this doesn't happen with Converse.. maybe i should have worn them with socks instead of bare feet... 

sadly i cant think of any trend that i wish it didnt exist :(

Posted

I had 2 pairs of these from H&M >.> they were so comfortable! but then when i started sweating in them, they were smelling so bad! They had a weird fabric and all shoes from H&M using that weird fabric made my feet turn into a pair of skunks ... which is weird because this doesn't happen with Converse.. maybe i should have worn them with socks instead of bare feet... 

oh I thought you were supposed to sweat in them then they form onto your feet??

Posted

oh I thought you were supposed to sweat in them then they form onto your feet??

i honestly don't know. they are? maybe the sandals i had were different... but judging by appearance, they were just like the ones in the pic above. all i know is that they already had a sole that nicely hugged my feet. and when i got sweaty, it felt quite dry. -just the smell was too much xD sorry for the TMI

on topic: overdrawn lips in a different shape/ color is a trend that should never have been invented.

Posted

i honestly don't know. they are? maybe the sandals i had were different... but judging by appearance, they were just like the ones in the pic above. all i know is that they already had a sole that nicely hugged my feet. and when i got sweaty, it felt quite dry. -just the smell was too much xD sorry for the TMI

Birkenstock is not a style, but actually a brand known for its good quality! So naturally H&M replicas are a whole different story :)

Posted

I have also a par from H&M girrll. They are gorgeous but not very comfortable and gave me calluses under the belt. The ones on the picture are not do pretty, the look like the ones you can get in pharmacies.

Posted

im-not-like-other-girls-starter-pack-att

idk if this really counts but girls like these usually dress up like hot topic went on bankruptcy clearance and they think theyre also asian too like can this just stop being a trend already... zzz

Posted

Birkenstock is not a style, but actually a brand known for its good quality! So naturally H&M replicas are a whole different story :)

I realized that's a brand ;) i sadly haven't seen it here.. i would hope the originals would be better quality than the stuff i got haha Thanks for the input! ;)

I have also a par from H&M girrll. They are gorgeous but not very comfortable and gave me calluses under the belt. The ones on the picture are not do pretty, the look like the ones you can get in pharmacies.

i think those H&M sandals were the only ones that fitted me well in ..... forever.. no calluses, nothing beside really smelly feet u.u and it was so easy to walk in them too... i kinda miss them. i should probably look for a pair that has smooth leather[-like] soles instead of the weird fabric.. or i should just get the ones in pharmacies. xD 

Posted (edited)

If you’re not putting in the extra with the outfit, please don’t do your face like it 😂 I’m tired of that IG ‘baddie’ trend being unbalanced with the rest of the look!!!

and since I’m HERE and also a skinny BYTCH, I’m tired of the avalanche of thin chicks / dudes with mild tone that pop up cuz I shopped for a suit ONCE. I love that my body does its thing with no effort but I have such a hard time believing all these folks truly eat HEALTHY. And I mean getting the FULL amount! Granted I was raised on meat and dairy, but a vegan’s “what I eat in a day” vid honestly sounds like light breakfast.

Edited by phoebe