• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Pokimane Graduation   07/05/20

Hello. Pokimane has been given her own Subforum in the Little Snowflakes section. This change and other minor site changes have been made and can be found in the site changes thread here. Thank you.

Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

677 posts in this topic

Posted

Not sure if this is a beauty trend amongst all women/men but people who lay edges they don't have.

It bothers me so much when I see girls laying edges that aren't there to begin with. You need a hairline and baby hairs to lay down if not you're just laying down hair uncessarily and I find it odd. 

Also bronzer I still haven't figured out what bronzer is for especially on much darker skinned people I don't see a difference when they apply bronzer on their face. If anyone knows or uses bronzer feel free to educate me cuz I'm lost :alpacadone:

many people use bronzer for contouring but with the way that insta muas contour it's just so.... extra? like there's enhancing ur bone structure then there's cutting yourself new cheeks with layers of powdered mud

Posted

Not sure if this is a beauty trend amongst all women/men but people who lay edges they don't have.

It bothers me so much when I see girls laying edges that aren't there to begin with. You need a hairline and baby hairs to lay down if not you're just laying down hair uncessarily and I find it odd. 

Also bronzer I still haven't figured out what bronzer is for especially on much darker skinned people I don't see a difference when they apply bronzer on their face. If anyone knows or uses bronzer feel free to educate me cuz I'm lost :alpacadone:

Bronzer is like...supposed to be worn on the outer perimeter to the face to warm up the face. In this pic you see a subtle difference, but that's the thing, it's supposed to be subtle. 

Before-After-Hoola-Bronzer-02-1024x683.t

I actually really like the idea of bronzer when it's done like this because I myself kinda want that for my makeup look...but I haven't figured out how to do it either. I'm like Solange's complexion, and when I tried to put on bronzer in the past it was like a no go so I just haven't tried since lol 

Posted

Not sure if it counts as a beauty trend but....the over consumption of makeup. 

Makeup has gotten so popular over the years and I find myself almost buying things just because it was a trend. It's not practical at all since I ain't rich and even $100 at Sephora can only get you like...what..one or two things? Yet there are so many other things that money could pay for. It's getting a little ridiculous to me. I feel like it needs to stop, because people are trying to load up on makeup without a single thought on whether they're even gonna use it. Then it's just sitting on their desk or in their makeup bag collecting dust. Beauty gurus are partially to blame since when they show their makeup room I see everyone commenting "Goals" and I'm like.....unless they are actively doing other people's makeup it doesn't look like goals to me, it just looks like clutter. 

I'm not gonna lie I buy a shit tonne of makeup but the thing is like I'm an adult with their own income and I can afford to buy them. And I'm I guess wise enough to know when youtubers and gurus are trying to get me to buy shit I don't need, so I never really buy things I don't need. But like theres SO MANY young kids getting into makeup thinking they need all this shit that youtubers are peddling like hell [cough morphe codes cough] and milking money of these kids and their parents for things they don't need. Like I don't think there's anything wrong with letting kids experiment with makeup, I have been since I was like 10 years old. But the difference is when I was 10 "beauty gurus" weren't a thingand I bought my makeup at the fucking supermarket because thats the only place I knew I could get it. I thought Bourjois was high end until i was like 15! But now in the age of beauty gurus kids think if they dont get the best newest high end products then they cant be pretty its so fucking horrible. Like I remeber seeing a video of a 14 year old girl SMOTHERING her face in ABH cream contour. Like baby!! You really dont need all that it's not good for your young skin!! But gurus keep pushing and pushing and pushing these products and its so shitty

Posted (edited)

The use of  duck lips to  look like you have big anus lips , they need to die right now :darth:

Edited by Leetchit

Posted

I just saw an article about tinsel lashes, and thinking about the itchiness of the tinsel on the eyes bothers me.

tinsel lashes delete later.JPG

Posted

I just saw an article about tinsel lashes, and thinking about the itchiness of the tinsel on the eyes bothers me.

Isn’t it bad to have it near your eyes like that?

Posted

I think this would be better if the were like actually false lashes instead of what looks like glued on individually. I would be afraid of one falling into my eye...

Posted

• Brows that are like an inch thick close to the nose and a nanometre thick closer to the temples.
  • Duckface
  • Lip injections (Even worse when its only the top/bottom lip and not both)
  • Cheekbones contoured like maleficent.
  • Lollipop lips (especially ones that go onto the skin and not just the lip.)
  • Winged liner that's above the actual eye.
  • Having only a few really long yet separated lashes (That makes you look like you have spiders on your eyes. No.)
  • Clown Contour.
  • Using random things as beauty blenders (Why would you waste a perfectly good marshmallow to contour your skin. And the sugar in that rubbing on your face might cause a breakout.)

Posted

I think this would be better if the were like actually false lashes instead of what looks like glued on individually. I would be afraid of one falling into my eye...

God forbid one does fall into your eye, thats a corneal laceration waiting to happen

Posted

definitely the creepy overly youthful look that is so popular in Korea/Japan

Posted

That looks so uncomfortable, oh god... :alpacaworry:  

Posted

Dyed grey hair looks so ugly

Posted

Glossy eyelids. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that must feel.

Also, highlight everywhere. Too much highlight in general is kinda uh.

Posted

The skinny thicc trend tho.  Society is already putting too much pressure on people to be skinny and now they also want you to have curves in all the right places lmao no.  

Posted

Dark brown lipstick. It might look nice in photos but in real life it doesn't, it just looks like either dirt or a very bad case of lip infection.