• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

397 posts in this topic

Posted

First, and the nicorn and 'holographic' trends. I like both unicorns and holographics, but ever since it became a trend it seems EVERYONE is trying to jump on the bandwagon. Like Tarte with their unicorn collection..... sigh, that was the worst thing they've ever put out. As a makeup lover, I was so disappointed with Tarte. Also, no one seems to really get what holographic is and are just using it as a way to attract customers. Plus it's not even unique anymore.

YES I am SO OVER HOLO. It need to be euthanised and put in the ground. If i see another company marketing any more """holographic""" makeup which is not actually holographic I'm gonna lose my shit

Posted

YES I am SO OVER HOLO. It need to be euthanised and put in the ground. If i see another company marketing any more """holographic""" makeup which is not actually holographic I'm gonna lose my shit

Like, if companies actually came out with like, a holographic lipstick or eyeshadow you can bet your arse I'd buy it if it wasn't stupidly expensive, but like, at this point it seems like a cash grab.

Plus why are a lot of the "holographic" things purple or purpley or some shit. Not hating, just curious.

Posted

IG "baddie" (Kardashian?) makeup trend...or whatever you call it.

Everyone just looks the same these days :l Okay, not everyone, but...a pretty massive amount of girls. It's the same with what's happening in music too. Too much of the same thing :(

Posted

xD I'm getting butt hurt because i love baddie makeup because it fits me more than the more common asian makeup styles. Also it's just so pretty

Ok here goes

-gradient lips when the outside is skin colored. It makes you look barely alive! Just blend it to the edges of ur lips instead of concealing the edges.

-light skin. I feel like most poc will understand this.

-people wearing non lace front wigs like lace front wigs. Don't do that to yourself.

-big sweaters with short skirts

-overly shimmery makeup

-the shirt under the cami/dress thing?

-SOMETIMES kbeauty looks. Like... u spent so much money to look like ur not wearing anything... otherwise I usually like Ponys or Somevelys (except sometimes it looks like the same thing but different colors) looks.

-tsubasa masuwaka (sp?) style makeup.

i don't think there's an actual name for it but whenever I see her pics I always think about kooters. I guess that also fits in with the young face/adult body thing which freaks me out...

-these kinda outfits (these are all from the same place because they're the only brand I can think of when it comes to these clothes. It's by MUJI if anyone is interested)

IMG_6884.PNG

IMG_6885.PNG

IMG_6886.PNG

Posted

I'm sick of seeing really tanned skin like to the point where they look orange. (lol maybe I'm salty because I'm pale as fuck :alpacacrush::P)

Coloured eyebrows/beards especially when their other hair is a natural colour, it looks super weird.

Image result for dyed pink eyebrows

Like, I'm all for dyeing your hair and stuff but this is just WAY too weird.

I think Visual Kei (not the music genre) is gross and is basically the weeaboo version of emo 

I don't particularly like side shaves, they only work with certain people and hair types.

RATS TAILS!  

Image result for rat tail hair style  I can't believe people still wear these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

I'm sick of seeing really tanned skin like to the point where they look orange. (lol maybe I'm salty because I'm pale as fuck :alpacacrush::P)

Coloured eyebrows/beards especially when their other hair is a natural colour, it looks super weird.

Hidden Content

Like, I'm all for dyeing your hair and stuff but this is just WAY too weird.

I think Visual Kei (not the music genre) is gross and is basically the weeaboo version of emo 

I don't particularly like side shaves, they only work with certain people and hair types.

RATS TAILS!  

Hidden Content

THE RATTAILS!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY KIDS IVE SEEN WITH THESE??? WHY ARE THEIR PARENTS DOING THIS??

they are like precursors to mullets...

Posted

I hate when people use harsh contouring or highlighting for every day use. A little bit of highlight or contour on your cheeks and nose are ok but there are people packing on layers of makeup for school and I'm so confused.

i also lowkey wish this Nicole Dollanganger fashion trend would stop. It only looks nice on some people. Most of them look like they're wearing their grandmas clothes and have a weird obsession with mental illness and abuse.