• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

671 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh god. Speaking of awful trends, have you guys seen lil kim recently? I saw this on my facebook feed the other day. This is really bad...like...wow...You cant even recognize her anymore. She's so white washed.

awful.jpg

Lil Kim used to be so pretty! I always admired her "I don't care" attitude. But lately what happened to her? I understand that she's doing this because this is what makes her happy, but I can't help to think, "Kim, who are you fooling?"

Posted

Someone made a thread about Lil Kim's surgery and they mentioned that Biggie used to beat her and make fun of her for being dark skinned. That might be why she's going crazy w/ the skin lightening and surgeries. 

Posted

k.thumb.PNG.372aa19432505b9993bfebe13765

Baking & highlighting, especially with yellow-based concealers where it spreads into that nasty sickly-looking shade. It looks fine on photos with high contrast and saturation but irl people just look dead.

Lashes clumped up with like 100 coats of mascara.

But what irks me the most is mindless copying of make-up styles from youtube gurus/instagram/social media in general without regards of your own features just like the image above. Hell, this make-up style rarely suits anyone but still almost all girls i see on the streets look the same. Snowflakes are no better tho with their straight brows and kawaii aegyosals  :hoplz:

Posted

If I had a dollar for everytime I see an IG "baddie" with lip injections... I'd probably rich enough to have plastic surgery too. 

And I dont really see a lot of people baking IRL. It's mostly a social media thing. 

Screenshot_2016-08-08-16-46-47-50.png

IMG_20160808_164317.jpg

CXqMQKGWMAEjZoj.jpg

images.jpg

Posted (edited)

Has anyone said excessive highlighting? If not, excessive highlighting. 

Honey, your highlight isn't on point, you look greasy. 

vlcsnap-2016-04-28-03h48m39s128.png

Edited by pine

Posted (edited)

I honestly do not get the appeal of Kim Kardashian overall. Sure, nice skin and hair and her body looks healthy. Big whoop we see lots of that. What the hell does she say or do that makes her someone to admire is really what I think bothers me lol. And her face and lips looks so dumb....like what ok you have an airhead expression, you are opening your mouth slightly, and you look stupid.

Why do girls follow dumbass beauty trends like the whole overdone lips thing and IG makeup. It's overdone, boring, and most people are just using trends which do not actually make them look better lmao. I'm so critical of the whole soulless look going around. So boring.

I am venting a bit ;) Harshly

Edited by Meowskers

Posted

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXthis trend seems to only be popular among koreans and koreaboos but it looks horrible to me.

also, those chokers literally every single girl wears need to stop. Not that theyre ugly, i just think its overdone. And gradient eyebrows n overlined lips.

I actually really like chokers and I'll have to wear one for a cosplay but god damn they also make me cringe so hard because they basically are part of the "i'm not like the other grills!!!11!" starter pack

Posted

I live in a town in England that is notorious for it's ridiculous fake trashy looks. At my last job a couple of the girls who were born and bred there really abused the fake tan. It kind of looked like they rubbed dirt all over themselves, really muddy and patchy. They say that they never leave the house without out it because they look terrible, but is it really better to look like you rolled around on the ground?

I might be biased though because I'm so pale I'm almost transparent. 

Posted

I hate people who compete with tanning! wanna race to cancer? 

also layer on layer of pastel "tumblr" clothes, I also hate one shoulder tops and dresses for some reason dont know why.

again ALSO Ed Hardy! Fucking hate that it has started to pop up again!

every swede knows this weird as trend that happened in 2007

9018bdebce9777440b0fb8244a32bae6.jpg

Posted (edited)

This ugly flame nail design people on Tumblr keep getting

tumblr_obveur81LX1v1plcdo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o9eos5mfEq1uxd3t8o1_400.jpg

Edited by M
added photo

Posted

For me, it's circle lenses with really thick limbal rings. It would be fine if you're cosplaying, but casual wise? No. 

Posted

This ugly flame nail design people on Tumblr keep getting

tumblr_obveur81LX1v1plcdo1_540.jpg

lol this reminds me of hot wheels. 

Posted

It reminded me of hot wheels too :haiplz:

Posted

this look is so 99's-00's.

Posted

I don't like dark lipstick on people it ages them, same with pastel/bright color lip sticks.

Top bun hair styles with the rest of the hair left down.

Overdrawing your lips, especially if you already have big lips/ lip injections.

Bubble butts and boobs.

Realy arched eyebrows and when at the end of the eyebrow people draw downwards instead of outwards.