Beauty trends you wish didn't exist

486 posts in this topic

Posted

So the big lips thread kinda inspired me to start this one :lamaheadshake:

Are there any makeup/beauty trends you wish didn't exist or you wish everybody just moved on from? For me, I hate the over done eyebrows and contouring trend. 

Posted

Definitely the drawn on eyebrows and now "strobing"....I mean what comes next? 

Posted

Anything what is out of balance, out of proportion or too fake looking. 

Posted

Anything in excess is bad, whether it's contouring or lip injections, and I agree with the whole eyebrows thing, it's a good look on some people, but for others, strong eyebrows just don't go with their features. I also dislike overlined lips when they're really obvious, it just looks like you don't know how to apply lipstick. 

Posted

Obvious overlined lips! Gradient lips and the "puppy" eyeliner look Koreaboos seem to think is the bees knees.

Posted

instagram makeup. I don't mind light contour but these days the contour is like 10 shades darker than the skin. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by 01067

Posted

You guys have nailed them 

One that I didn't see mentioned is the Asian trend of "photoshopped face of five year old, body of 20 year old swimsuit model" like Dakota does.

image.jpg

Posted

I have to agree, that weird puppy eyeliner all these weebs and koreaboos are doing is really annoying. It's really cute when it's paired with the rest of the ulzzang makeup trend, but if it's just puppy eyes to droop your eyes more to look more azn desu, then nah.

Posted

I am sick of the thinspo/thigh gap trend ! paired with bubble tits .. All these trends put together remind me of the frog from thumbelina .. 

tumblr_locs9hYwZ11qjfo3wo1_1280.thumb.jp

Posted

I really hate those liquid highlighters that people use. They can look okay if you know how o use them but so many people use waaaay too much and make their skin look metallic :/

Posted

You guys have nailed them 

One that I didn't see mentioned is the Asian trend of "photoshopped face of five year old, body of 20 year old swimsuit model" like Dakota does.

This. People preserving their youthful features is one thing, but straight up taking their portrayal of youth to a sexually suggestive level is so cringeful. 

Posted

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXthis trend seems to only be popular among koreans and koreaboos but it looks horrible to me.

also, those chokers literally every single girl wears need to stop. Not that theyre ugly, i just think its overdone. And gradient eyebrows n overlined lips.

Posted

^Well, many Koreans and other East Asians have those tear bags naturally, so it's not really odd for them to do makeup to make them look improved. But I have to say it's weird on people who don't naturally have them, no matter what race.