• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

5816 posts in this topic

Posted

omg BITCH. what a way to start the 5th thread, gotta hand it to you kernel-chan you really dropped the ball on this one. 

like girl straight up couldn't wait until she got settled in before dropping close to $1000... ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. on a year pass to tokyo disney. instead of idk, school supplies? some N5 study resources? all that vegan food that she planned on cooking up for herself? 

buckle up y'all this year is gonna be just as wild as we expected.

I looked it up and it’s about $570 usd for the annual pass, but I mean still. :amgplz: After her first day being there!

I bet she planned to be there for exactly one year based off of the annual Disney pass lol.

also no way she’ll be eating vegan food or cooking, she’ll be out buying the same damn thick pancakes and drinking loads of milk 🤢

Posted

$500+ is most people's monthly rent ¬¬¬¬¬¬ Also could have been her monthly rent if she was willing to live somewhere affordable with other people but now her rent will probably be $800+.

Posted

CDBE6420-39E7-4C68-9A40-609DC88D6295.thu       

Bitch, never change 

...you've gotta be fucking with me. 

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/yrh0Hng

Incoming rant, sorry >:(

Tbh I'm still really bothered by her claiming this is all money she "earned." I don't really know the expenses of going to school in another country, especially in Japan. Living to and going to a public university in America is usually $20,000+ just for tuition and board for 9 months out of the year. It's in Japan and she's a foreigner so perhaps even more than that?

Also, her AirBnB is probably huge, even though plenty of college students live in tiny dorms or apartments with several other people, even roommates in the same room. Who knows how much an AirBnb in Tokyo is for a single month. Isn't Tokyo one of the most expensive cities in the world? (I could be wrong) Huge metropolitan cities are always very expensive either way.

I also expect she'll be eating out every single day rather than cooking for herself. If you are smart with money and cooking, you can spend $30-40 a week on cheap fresh produce, but you can also easily spend that much in A DAY by going out to eat. All of her living and tuition is probably going to cost thousands per month. 

I HIGHLY doubt she's made that much off of her half-assed youtube channel. It just seems super manipulative and completely denying all of her privilege. She should say "I'm really lucky that my family is able to support me on this trip," not, "I earned tens of thousands of dollars by working 6 days out of the year and spending the other 350 at Disneyland." It's just setting such unrealistic goals for all her young, naive fans. 

So let's say she DID earn a couple of thousand dollars of her youtube channel and put it toward this trip. But I bet all her housing/food/living expenses were paid for by her parents or trust fund, so that money barely counts! 

It's kind of a pet peeve of mine when people claim they did so many things with "their own money" when their rich parents are paying for their food, housing, etc. 

I personally know someone who constantly brags about how she bought her own sports car, but she's living with her parents in an expensive house well into her 20's. Like... yeah, anyone could afford fancy things if they had every other aspect of their life paid off? But most people don't have money for more clothes/vacations/cars because they don't have rich family to pay for their living expenses? It's so annoying ¬¬

Honestly I just find her claiming that very bothersome. I don't feel like she's worked for real in her life. She didn't work hard in high school, she didn't ever have a real job, she didn't work hard on her channel which is her "job". And no, filming thrift shopping and eating an In N Out burger is not "hard work." Especially when you take like 2 weeks off after that. 

I have a friend like this and she is lowkey starting to remind me of kenna...her parents are hella well off and she had the audacity to state that she's a broke college student to and that her parents wealth isn't her wealth...despite that they dont want her to get a job so she can go to college full time which they pay for. She also gets like $1k a month as an allowance. I've never admitted it to her but god does it piss me off. 

much like my friend, kenna has a lot to learn about working hard for your money and actually being busy with a job or two rather than just school or being lazy.

Posted

But is she really living her best life, or is she just telling herself that before she sleeps.

Posted

Screenshot_20190103-055228_Instagram.jpg

I think in Japan you can only get one Disney pass per area, so if she got the annual Tokyo DisneySea Pass (that's Ariel's world in the background) she would still have to pay each time to get into Tokyo Disneyland. But honestly it wouldn't surprise me if she also buys the Disneyland pass. That would total in over $1,000 just for dISNEYLAND. wtf.

Posted

I looked it up and it’s about $570 usd for the annual pass, but I mean still. :amgplz: After her first day being there!

I bet she planned to be there for exactly one year based off of the annual Disney pass lol.

also no way she’ll be eating vegan food or cooking, she’ll be out buying the same damn thick pancakes and drinking loads of milk 🤢

girl, i wish you were right, but that's the price for a child year pass (she wishes tho lol)

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/index.html

it's 89,000yen (like $850) for the 2-park pass for disneyland and disneysea which you knoooow is what she got. it says both on the top of her pass

Posted

We all know Kenna is not in Japan for studying and working but living permanent  vacation lifestyle spending time doing infantile things.This kind of lifestyle is not sustainable even for well off people .Kenna is going to have full ass of debts.

Posted

It pretty much goes to show how seriously she's taking her language course if she thinks she'll still have enough time to go to Disney frequently enough to make an annual pass worth it (but TBH paycheck to paycheck Kween probably isn't worried about the cost)

I don't know how her followers aren't completely bored with her. 

What's she going to think when she's in her thirties looking back on this incredible opportunity that she wasted to go to Disneyland in another country?! If I was her parents I'd disown her for wasting all my money. 

Posted

Im just baffled at the fact that she states she lives "paycheck to paycheck" and that her income fluctuates depending on how her channel/videos are dokng. Wouldn't that motivate her to yaknow, upload more? She always says she's busy but doing what in particular? If it's "such a struggle" she would be uploading more often so that right there just proves that was all a blatant lie. I do hope she uploads more in Japan though. Im interest to see what kind of content she comed up with. I honestly don't really care for vlogs, no matter who they're from. 

exactly! I mean if she was really only getting money from Adsense why does she only upload only maybe once every 2 weeks? And how much money would she make per video anyways? Probably not enough to cover 2 weeks of her expenses, she keeps trying to push this alternate narrative on people who question her authenticity like.. does she think it makes her more likeable? Because it really doesn’t 

Posted

Just a bit of counting, but to make the pass worth it's money, she'll have to go at least once a month over the next year to either of the parks. A ticket to one park cost 7400 yen. To me that only shows that she never had a regular schedule, no deadlines, never felt like time has passed in the blink of an eye. Because then she could guess how fast the next year will pass, even only a month will be over in no time if she does try to study even only a bit.

Also kinda implies that she's planning to stay in Tokyo the whole year, instead of checking out other parts of the country for a while.