• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10412 posts in this topic

Posted

Haha I'm so looking forward to them coming to Europe. They're really in for a treat. Kenna will be so shocked with all those "rude" Europeans. (whatever country she'll be heading to). If she's not capable of going out of her comfort zone in Japan how are we expecting her to have nothing else but a culture shock in Europe. Protip: we don't kiss ass.

She'll probably wont visit my country (Belgium) but I would love to see her surviving Brussels even for 5 minutes . Would be quite funny. 

Oh Hi Brussels friend 👀

Posted

(...) 

But as dumb as it feels to even type this: when you move to a different country, you bring yourself with you. And along with yourself comes all of your problems, your personality, your anxieties, your work ethic, etc. etc. the list goes on. Moving to Japan wasn't going to suddenly intrinsically make Kenna the type of person who is adventurous, hardworking, kind, outgoing, friendly, and interesting. She's still, and always will be, her terrible troll self. Moving to a new country isn't going to fix her horseshit work ethic (necessary for learning a new language or putting effort into videos) nor is it going to make her a nicer or more understanding person (necessary for making and keeping friends). Having realized her life isn't going to automatically change for the better and that she still needs to put in the work to improve no matter where she is, Japan seems to have lost a lot of its appeal for her. So to Europe she goes.

A lot of people think traveling changes you just by proxy of being in a different country and culture, but actual research has shown it really doesn't do shit unless you're the type of person who listens and learns and changes with your surroundings--things Kenna isn't necessarily superb at.

I want to upvote this more than once. This is so true for not only Kenna but also Kanadajin and basically every other foreigner moving to Japan and then being disappointed because people and fame don't automatically flock to them just for their foreign looks. 

Posted

One of my friends has been in Tokyo since 2-3 days and she has already posted so much Japan content that I am genuinely amazed at the lack of content from Kenna. It would be impressive if it wasn't so sad.

It's almost the opposite of this girl who pretended like she went on a tropical holiday when she was actually home and everyone believed her. Where as Kenna is pretending she is not actually in Japan but somewhere in Europe. 

Posted (edited)

I'm just about to start watching her latest video and the first thing that made me suspicious of her sponsor is that they are describing her iron as a supplement! Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, if you have them I'm sorry I must have skipped it when my PULL notifications messed up, but you should NEVER just start taking iron unless a doctor or nurse describes it to you. You should only take it if you are anemic and even then as a "treatment" not in a regular means. And if Kenna is anemic she should figure out why she's anemic and why does she need iron supplements.

Spoilered cause Idk if off topic or not 

I haven't watched the video but if the sponsor gives out things other than multivitamins I feel like that's dangerous because a lot of the time you should only take specific vitamins if you're actually deficient in them (or like you said iron supplements), and if they're just giving people these to take it could potentially create damage if they don't actually need them. It might be hard to take too much of a vitamin but the symptoms of 'overdosing' on it can be just as bad as being deficient. In general though I feel like people should research their sponsors to make sure they're not feeding dangerous info to their subs, not just Kenna, but like the industry in general. At least she's not advertising actual diet products though, not that I think she would but that would just not be good for anybody.

also sorry if any of the stuff about vitamins is wrong, I'm not a nutritionist or anything so I don't know specifics of vitamin usage. Some vitamins are over the counter so it's fine I guess but others you should probably only take when you actually have issues.

Edited by unhappyone

Posted

I'm just about to start watching her latest video and the first thing that made me suspicious of her sponsor is that they are describing her iron as a supplement! Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, if you have them I'm sorry I must have skipped it when my PULL notifications messed up, but you should NEVER just start taking iron unless a doctor or nurse describes it to you. You should only take it if you are anemic and even then as a "treatment" not in a regular means. And if Kenna is anemic she should figure out why she's anemic and why does she need iron supplements.

I do like the mood in that video, not sure why she chose to redo a new notebook but to each their own but those body shots of her in white joggers really came from nowhere... She's really obsessed with her body and it's alarming.

I like her journaling style. I like how she does it and makes it pleasing to look at. Now if only she was a nice person..

i mean she did claim she chose the vitamins she thought would help her as a vegetarian, so we know she has zero sense of dietary needs if she really chose that. just another shitty sponsor shilling multivitamins with pretty packaging. kinda why i hate youtubers doing this since their audience is vulnerable.

Posted

Hidden Content

proving this woman knew exactly what she was doing and is just feigning ignorance and ~muh autism~  literally pot meet kettle

Posted

Haha I'm so looking forward to them coming to Europe. They're really in for a treat. Kenna will be so shocked with all those "rude" Europeans. (whatever country she'll be heading to). If she's not capable of going out of her comfort zone in Japan how are we expecting her to have nothing else but a culture shock in Europe. Protip: we don't kiss ass.

She'll probably wont visit my country (Belgium) but I would love to see her surviving Brussels even for 5 minutes . Would be quite funny. 

I hope she goes to Paris while she's there, Parisians have a reputation for being very rude to Americans. I went there with my family when I was younger and most of the people we talked to pretended not to know English or ignored us. They even tried to convince us the Eiffel Tower was closed when it clearly wasn't.

Posted

I was watching her insta story videos and thinking about how she claims she shoots everything three times omg -_- she's so lively and has a lot of facial expressions in those, did she shoot them many times too?I wonder

Posted

I hope she goes to Paris while she's there, Parisians have a reputation for being very rude to Americans. I went there with my family when I was younger and most of the people we talked to pretended not to know English or ignored us. They even tried to convince us the Eiffel Tower was closed when it clearly wasn't.

I can just picture her in the granny clothes, bulky sweaters and that musky jacket she wears whenever it's Autumn. 

Q

Posted

Mikan.Mandarin's new video is up and at 18:44 she says:

"I had someone ask me about toxic friendships. I feel like tha- this is actually something I feel strongly about. I am someone who is very, very deeply empathetic, and what I mean by that is- it's almost like I can feel other people's emotions and so being around people who are toxic and maybe don't spread very good energy, it DRAINS me. It takes it out of me, I can't do it. I actually had a situation like this back in spring where I actually had to cut someone off - not completely like coldhearted -like "DON'T ever talk to me again!" but I really had to distance myself from someone because I realized that... the relationship was taking a lot from me and not giving me... anything? -nervous laugh- When you find yourself in a situation like that, you really, really have to put yourself first even if doesn't feel right, even if it feels like you're being selfish. Sometimes in life, you have to be selfish. You can't surround yourself by people who don't make you feel great, and I've always been a firm believer in that, I've always been someone who's very quick to distance myself from someone if I feel like they are toxic."

I made an account just to point out this part (I posted this comment verbatim in the Mikan thread but it hasn't been approved for hours.) It's clearly about Kenna. Bolding is mine for clues.