• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10412 posts in this topic

Posted

Just because she’s been diagnosed with aspergers doesn’t excuse her for having been a shitty person. 

I work with people who developmental delays and they never use their disability to excuse the way they’ve treated people or act as if everyone owes them an apology for being rude / exposing them / critiquing them. 

Of course I feel bad for Kenna! Finding out that you have this at her age in her life is going to be tough to adjust to and figure out ways she can become comfortable with herself and surroundings but that does not mean that she is allowed to use this as a pass for her past mistakes. 

I have a suspicion that Kenna reaching fame while she wasn’t mentally in great health caused her development to stunt. I think she was bullshitting a bit at the time and dealing with a lot of self image issues (common in autistic girls since they hardly ever get diagnosed but are incredibly aware they don’t fit in), and when she got famous, she became too scared to get real and risk making mistakes to grow and mature. I’m an autistic girl and I know getting famous as a teen would’ve completely destroyed my ability to self improve, because there’s an army of people watching my every move and mistake.

This of course isn’t an excuse, just an observation. She still has a tendency to cover up and avoid conflict which shows she has a long way to go. Now at least she has some answers about why she is who she is and she has a place to start. It’s incredibly important that she doesn’t see diagnosis as the final station, but a new puzzle piece to become her best self. She needs to work with professionals to handle her autism and toxic (coping) traits. That of course means she has to want to be a better person

Posted

Oh great, now this autism topic will last for the next 500 pages. 

Posted (edited)

It's not that I don't believe her diagnosis.... But I do believe she is playing up some sort of character for the video. I don't buy the whole "I do 3 takes" thing and that's why she sounds different here because I am pretty sure her last video with her friend she did it in one take and she is acting as her "usual" self there. And I'm pretty sure she has other videos she's done in one take before.... 

Screenshot_20190809-105620~2.png

Edited by Notsurewhattonamemyself

Posted

I didn't watch the video but.. Did she say when and how she got diagnosed?

Because I looked up the process myself since I want to have a diagnose for me too, but at least in Europe where I am it requires up to 6 sessions as well as additional meetings with parents or other people who have been in close proximity to you in the last months and years (as someone above already mentioned).

All of this is not possible or at least harder in Japan.. Also why do it in Japan and not at home? Again sorry if she answered that in the video. 

Posted

I think it’s important to point out that while she said she has ASD, she mentioned it specifically as Aspergers. While it is now under the umbrella of ASD, Aspergers has always been classified as lower on the spectrum and encompasses more of a social awkwardness. I’m inclined to believe her! But I certainly hope the doctor that diagnosed her did so properly, and didn’t just stick her with whatever disorder/illness. 

Posted

It's not that I don't believe her diagnosis.... But I do believe she is playing up some sort of character for the video. I don't buy the whole "I do 3 takes" thing and that's why she sounds different here because I am pretty sure her last video with her friend she did it in one take and she is acting as her usual self there. 

Screenshot_20190809-105620~2.png

I mean.. this could’ve been because she was masking while with her friend. Or she chose the best ten or so clips from a (probably) more than hour long conversation with her friend. Or because talking about medical diagnosis/suggested diagnosis can be difficult in general. I honestly am not trying to WK her but given her more regular/frequent upload schedule, I think maybe giving her the benefit of the doubt is the best thing to do. I mean, we’ll see next Friday/Saturday/Sunday (lol) how she’ll utilize the public’s new knowledge about her diagnosis. 

Posted

Oh great, now this autism topic will last for the next 500 pages. 

Well she did post a video on it and it's a big thing so yeah it will get talked about. 

To the main points talked about b/c I was quoting half the new comments and that would of made the comment super long 

- No matter what she shouldn't use it as an excuse for her actions past or future. I'm pretty sure everyone is in agreement on that. 

- She got officially diagnosed recent to the video's creation likely. Considering it wasn't edited at all not even to increase her voice volume or decreases the A/C's volume it could of finished that day. I know when I did the testing and all it was basically a good chunk of a 9-5 day to the point they told my parents to bring me a lunch and said could take a break to eat.  But she mentioned 3 hours so it could of been shorter too and given her more time to record. 

- The international clinic 100% seems legit. Tokyo is known for being pretty foreigner friendly and the country is preparing for the 2020 Olympics so chances are right now there are places like that already in place if not being put in place already. 

- Her coming off as different or seeming to play it up can be a bunch of different factors. Her being fearful of people claiming she isn't autistic enough. Feeling she doesn't have to hide her actions or try harder to present as a perfect fairy.  Just being more tired because she might of been with the therapist a long time.  It also could of effected her because suddenly she could put a lot of things in perspective.  

- She might of done in Japan and not home simply because she only got referred for it in Japan. She had started language school after all with a huge group of people and teachers. If one of them noticed and said something to her she could of started this like mouths ago. Theraphists also might of had a skype call with parents and counted that as a meeting too. Of course Kenna is a legal adult so she could of done it on her own. Parents and/or Legal guardians have to be involved when it's a minor. Kenna is not a minor so she wouldn't have to include her parents. 

-  Chances are she is going to start talking about it a lot and that makes sense because things like this are huge for people.  I'd say almost stay away from the thread for a bit if that makes you uncomfy.  

Posted

I just hope she doesn't like post memes about autistic behaviour and make it look like something you'd like to have :( knowing her she's gonna post autistic headcanons

Posted

As far as I know Aspergers has been dropped ever since DSM-V. People previously diagnosed with Aspergers using DSM-IV will fall under Autism Spectrum Disorder as per DSM-V. 

DSM is the diagnostics manual most health professionals use. Maybe not in Japan, though? And this is the first time I’ve heard of Autism levels. Maybe she meant level of independence or functionality? In any case, I hope she doesn’t use this as an excuse to behave badly in the future.

Posted

Sort of off topic but I find it sort of... ironic, I guess? That one of the things she mentioned is not understanding things when she's constantly going after her followers for not understanding what she said. But maybe it was a way to hide it? Idk. I'm not saying that I'm denying her diagnoses though I just thought that bit was a bit ironic (for lack of a better term) 

while in California, I think it’s safe to say she’d often go alone in the middle of the day Mon-Fri. The parks were probably as close to empty as you can get. And when she did go on weekends, thats maybe why she brought friends along. Perhaps that’s why we don’t see much content of her at Tokyo Disneyland? That place seems eternally crowded.

Didn't she used to work there though, so she'd go alone more often? (I think she said she was a mascot but I'm not sure.)

Posted

I don't know anything about autism so I may be wrong but someone here mention how come she acted "normal" in guest videos and in this one she "attempt" to look like she was autistic. Like she said she records 3 takes of her saying the same thing before choosing which one is the best... So when she hang out with Venus, for example, did she asked to retake all the footage too? I doubt it since it would had taken forever to film their vlog and in any guest videos she appear it we could had gotten a glimpse of it?