• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

7947 posts in this topic

Posted

yep that's her plan

well thats really a total waste of money. not very wise.

Posted

Actually I want to see her adventures in Japan, I hope getting there she can be inspired and make new content!

Posted

Wow five threads and still ready for more content, Kenna I hope you don't disappoint us on your new weebo lifestyle

Side note; (this has already been mentioned) but I'm surprised by how many people are saying "congratulations!" and "so proud of you for making it!" when she literally didn't do anything. If she's going to a language school you literally just need to apply for it and have the money to pay for it and since it's been said multiple times that her family isn't short on money she didn't even have to work and save for that. Yeah, I guess moving to another country is a big step but people do it everyday and most people move to another country for a few years if not longer isn't Kenna just going for a few months??

Posted

OT but not really because I'm replying to educate myself with your post and whatnot. (sorry, it ended up being a long tangent)
As someone who takes interest in Japan's culture aside from just anime and sushi (not enough interest to want to know every single thing about japan and it's folklore and history that I want to go live there, but enough interest to want to spend the money on a plane ticket to visit it for a few weeks to experience a different country/culture) I personally I believe it's okay to take interest in something and not have to know all of the history or know everything about it. Either way, as someone who thinks that fox is kitsune in japanese, how would one know there is even a folklore connected to the word kitsune? Not trying to WK at all, just logically speaking, I literally just thought kitsune meant fox and that was it - no part of me is like "hmm does this word mean something other than fox? let me find out!" because any random person like me would probably think the same regardless of interest in Japan or not
:alpacawink:. But does that mean all foxes where considered two-faced tricksters? or is that just the name they used for a "fox like" being? I personally just find it confusing if it's the latter because I feel like there would be some greater name for it rather than what a simple fox is called. I hope all that makes sense. 

But just my two cents because it's always bothered me, foxes have been my thing for a loooong ass time - my half sleeve is even a fox with peonies and I own way too much fox shit for it to be sane. I was highkey really salty when she started talking about how much she 'loves' foxes when she made foxtail (lul) despite never talking about them before and even putting it in her username just irked me for some reason. Idgaf if other people love foxes as much as I do, they're adorable and how could you not I mean c'mon, but the fact that it's...her. Big oof for me

TLDR I like Japan and it's culture enough to want to visit it and I've loved foxes since I was little but despite my interest there's no way I would have figured out there was a folklore behind the japanese word for fox other than this comment + what's the difference or are they the same?

The kitsune aren't obscure Japanese folklore though. They appear a lot in common folk tales, would show up in a Japanese culture 101 course, and I'd argue that they're the most well-known yokai because they appear a lot in anime and manga. They're not all evil tricksters; the kitsune that serve Inari, the rice goddess, are depicted as loyal servants, and some regions even worship those kitsune, but those that aren't associated with her or any other divine being are seen as "fallen." On top of just being a folklore character, "kitsune" is also an insult used to describe someone who's cunning and two-faced. So even if she didn't know the folklore, you'd think that she'd at least look up the definition of the foreign word she's using in her name? Like you wouldn't want to get a Kanji tatoo without knowing what they really meant; why is your username any different?

The point I was trying to make is Kenna always goes on and on about loving Japanese culture, but she named herself after a yokai that doesn't really have a positive connotation. Given her past, you'd think she'd wanna stay away from animals that, even outside of Japan, are seen as two-faced tricksters. I don't expect people to know everything about the folklore of the country they're interested in, but if you're gonna constantly talk about moving to Japan or how much you love Japan, I DO expect them to know the basics, especially since, you know, you're gonna live there? If she loves the country and the culture so much, and her love is genuine and not fetishization she can at least do a little research on it. Just sayin.

Posted

The kitsune aren't obscure Japanese folklore though. They appear a lot in common folk tales, would show up in a Japanese culture 101 course, and I'd argue that they're the most well-known yokai because they appear a lot in anime and manga. They're not all evil tricksters; the kitsune that serve Inari, the rice goddess, are depicted as loyal servants, and some regions even worship those kitsune, but those that aren't associated with her or any other divine being are seen as "fallen." On top of just being a folklore character, "kitsune" is also an insult used to describe someone who's cunning and two-faced. So even if she didn't know the folklore, you'd think that she'd at least look up the definition of the foreign word she's using in her name? Like you wouldn't want to get a Kanji tatoo without knowing what they really meant; why is your username any different?

The point I was trying to make is Kenna always goes on and on about loving Japanese culture, but she named herself after a yokai that doesn't really have a positive connotation. Given her past, you'd think she'd wanna stay away from animals that, even outside of Japan, are seen as two-faced tricksters. I don't expect people to know everything about the folklore of the country they're interested in, but if you're gonna constantly talk about moving to Japan or how much you love Japan, I DO expect them to know the basics, especially since, you know, you're gonna live there? If she loves the country and the culture so much, and her love is genuine and not fetishization she can at least do a little research on it. Just sayin.

nah, of course she’s has no idea behind the name, it’s Kentucky Fried Hair we’re talking about. If someone tries telling her she’ll end up giving us a crash course and prove what an ignorant person she is. 

Anyway, why are so many people praising her as she just saved humanity’s from disaster? She just applied to a language university???? wtf 

Posted

Lazytsune’s fans really think that she does something with her life, huh 

Posted

What’s the bet she takes more than one month to find an apartment up to her standards and just ends up staying in AirBnBs the whole time? She will probably be complaining about how much money she’s spending, and how she can’t possibly settle on the standard, tiny apartments known to Tokyo because she won’t have enough room for a ‘filming space’.

Posted

Now that Kenna's living in another country for an entire year, she can make so much content, there's a plethora to choose from. Like she can do a house tour, or show her daily commute to language school, or show her adventures at Disneyland in Japan, or trying foods you only find in Japan. She can really do anything because people will think it's cool because she's in Japan. The reason why I say this because I find it hard to believe she's only using the money she saved up and not her trust fund. I highly doubt that she can get a job in Japan, so how else is she going to make money? She already doesn't make or upload videos now, and now that's she's going stay to Japan for a year, I can only see her still uploading once in a blue moon. Y'all remember her saying that she'll make daily vlogs, which turned in weekly vlogs, that turned only into 2 half assed videos uploaded weeks apart and after in trip.What makes it funny was that she literally wasn't doing anything, but this time she's going to language school, so that chances of her uploading is little to none. I really think she's dipping into her trust fund to pay for this entire stay, I just think she's doesn't make that much money from Youtube and scamming her fans for Insta shout outs. 

no excuses now Kenny!!! Not even "Im so busy with school" 

Posted

Her Instagram comments are the cringiest thing I've seen, everybody is walking on eggshells not to piss her off and it shows. I don't understand how they still stan her when she can explode on them at any given minute for making a comment she might dislike.

Posted (edited)

Come on babe, you’re in Japan. Time to learn Celsius 😂

Pretty cold, even for Tokyo though. When I was there in dead of winter, it was still about 13 degrees C and raining. Big change from Temecula, I’m guessing?

8D726253-24C2-493E-8B3A-E6DCCCBE3A20.png

Edited by Wont let me use Cyrillic

Posted

Pretty cold, even for Tokyo though. When I was there in dead of winter, it was still about 13 degrees C and raining. Big change from Temecula, I’m guessing?

Isn’t she turning up her AC in the summer so she can stay cozy? Is this child even able to be happy about anything?

Posted (edited)

nevermind I checked and its -1°C to 10°C abd thats cold 

If thats Celsius  then its a fucking hell lol We had 40° today and it was a nigthmare I almost fainted 

I mean for it to be cold in celsius it has to be lower than 15. But idk I love cold weather

Edited by Elyon