• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10341 posts in this topic

Posted

I am not claiming Kenna did this but here is some food for thought:

During my masters program, my boyfriend at the time was doing his masters in applied psych. We would talk a lot about each others programs (I did not study psychology, so I am repeating what he told me) one of the things I remember him talking about was the problem of people deliberately answering questions in a way to get the result they wanted. His professor for this class was older, and he said that before people could not fake symptoms or alter their answers to questions so easily because information about psychological conditions and mental illness was not as widely available. Now you can just google it. So the point is that he, as a psychologist, had to take a class that focused on how people lie during examinations to get a specific diagnosis. His focus was on drug addiction (people will often portray themselves as having ADHD to obtain a prescription for amphetamines) but anyone could alter their answers to a quiz and obtain the desired result. 

And she has an extensive history of taking quizzes and answering the questions in a way to get her desired outcome.

Just my thoughts on the subject. I’m not attempting to discredit her, I’m just adding in my thoughts and considering her past behavior. However, it’s obvious she has some mental illness I am just not sure that it’s autism but it may be that. Either way it’s been clear since the beginning that something is different about her. For me, the first video I saw of her was a get ready with me for a Christmas party. It all seemed so strange and sad. She was just getting ready for a party that didn’t exist. I think a lot of people who are social media famous (Tana Mongeau, Venus, Eugenia Cooney) have some form of mental illness. 

I mean tbh it's not that easy to get the diagnosis you want out of a Psychology test.  It's not like a buzzfeed quiz where the answers that will give the desired result are obvious from a mile away. Specially with the information on the internet sometimes just being plan wrong. And also people with addictions will likely give signs they're just doing it for the pills anyway. 

I doubt she'd even want to lie about getting an ASD diagnosis. It's not something easy to make into an aesthetic. Plus what would she even gain from it? People still aren't going to excuse her actions after all. Even more of her fans might leave her.The people who think she is lying will be looking for anything to prove shes not "really autistic".  I just can't see the reason. Specially when she easily could of gone for one of the more main stream ones that are way more accepted.  

Okay, I am going to be the bitch here but I have a nephew and two cousins that actually are autistic and I am not sure I believe her. Even if she is she will use this as an excuse for bad behavior. This chick lives at Disneyland she should not be able to go there all the time. In the video she is already making excuses for ALL her behavior.

Autism isn't the same for every person so you're nephew and cousins could easily have a different type of ASD from her. 

And yeah she's giving excuses in video but is that a surprise? It's not like a diagnosis can suddenly change a person overnight after all. 

she said in the video too, that she would get overwhelmed at carnivals and fairs, and disneyland is all of those things amplified 50x... i don’t know what to think 

She said as a child and as you grow up you tend to learn how to handle such things better.  And tbh Disney parks are surprisingly disability friendly.  I rarely get overwhelmed the few times I've gone to the flordia park and when I do park staff would help or there was a quiet place my family could get me to. And since Disney is a special interest chances are Kenna would be willing to go through a lot more than she would if it was just some random park she got dragged too. 

Posted

she said in the video too, that she would get overwhelmed at carnivals and fairs, and disneyland is all of those things amplified 50x... i don’t know what to think 

I’m actually not going to lie, I believe Kenna on that one.. 

disney is built for handling people who are easily over stimulated and is always called the happiest place on earth because it’s staff is trained to be responsive to people who have various needs

for example, I have a friend who hates crowds and easily gets overwhelmed when there’s too much happening and her first trip to Disney a worker saw she was having a panic attack and they brought her to a location where she could calm down and refresh herself. Ever since then she will only vacation at Disney because she’s confident someone will take care of her, and understandably so.  

She said as a child and as you grow up you tend to learn how to handle such things better.  And tbh Disney parks are surprisingly disability friendly.  I rarely get overwhelmed the few times I've gone to the flordia park and when I do park staff would help or there was a quiet place my family could get me to. And since Disney is a special interest chances are Kenna would be willing to go through a lot more than she would if it was just some random park she got dragged too. 

oops just read this.. and it’s basically just the same thing I said sorry 

Posted

Sorry to be that person who questions someone’s autism diagnosis ... but if she truly gets sensory overload then how does she deal with the constant flashing lights, loud noises, and frenetic movements at Disneyland?  I’m not autistic but even I find Disneyland to be overwhelming. How is it possible for her to cope when she’s there? 

PS. Want to also state that I’m not saying she doesn’t have autism, I just really want to understand how someone who experiences sensory overload can go to Disneyland. Somebody I know who actually gets sensory overload due to autism can’t even go to the supermarket, so Disneyland is completely out of the question. 

I thought about that too. And someone already answered that different things trigger different people but Kenna did describe what are her triggers and it sounded a lot of things you can find from DL as well... And I want to add, I'm not trying to "undiagnose" her or anything, there where just somethings that to me sound like an excuse? As in she can now blame all her bad behavior with her diagnose and indeed get a free card.

Like the whole "When people asked did I draw a picture I said yes because I did indeed draw it but didn't design it. If they had asked me if I designed it then I would have said no." That's a lie and she knows it. I can believe she has autism but having autism doesn't make you a thief or a dishonest person like she's now trying to make it seem. That's all McKenna herself.

Posted

Regardless of whether or not her diagnosis is “real” (which, afaik, its hard to perfectly diagnosis developmental disorders since there’s no foolproof way to test for it like a physical illness), I think the most important part is that she starts seeing these flaws in herself and starts taking action to correct them as much as she can. Even people with much more severe autism can take classes or have someone assist them in developing their social skills. Hopefully she uses this diagnosis to better herself rather than make her behavior worse. 

Posted

I mean I understand everyone's doubts but it would explain many things. Also there could be a link with her narcissistic tendancies and this  

It doesn't change that she's guilty of doing shit things just like when any type of disabled people are made accountable of their actions weather it's hate, or crime.

But honestly my like/dislike towards her aside I believe her 

IMG_20190809_085056.jpg

Posted

One thing is sure; I felt like watching someone new/a different Kennna in the video. Especially at the beginning.

Posted

Not to mention Tokyo being probably the brightest, noisiest sensory overloading cities I've ever visited. I'm not even autistic and I found it overwhelming! 

Posted

I have my doubts about this one. If only one of her autistic traits was the importance of following a schedule.

Posted

One thing is sure; I felt like watching someone new/a different Kennna in the video. Especially at the beginning.

At first I was like "I don't know if I believe this, it seems like she is acting and speaking differently almost as if to "sell" this"
but tbh I have basically no understanding of asperger's/ASD, my partner was also diagnosed this at some point but it basically barely affects him now, like he used to have a very difficult time as a teenager but now he holds down a job and you would never guess if you didn't know so

not gonna touch any of this with a ten-foot pole tbh. I hope maybe if this is the case then Kenna will get the support and understanding of herself that she needs to be more functional. What she DOESN'T need to do is decide that suddenly she is an expert about it and condescend to everyone about it like she did with buddhism etc...

Posted (edited)

i call motherfucking bullshit... as other users have said, yes it's so fucking easy to get misdiagnosed and honestly, even with aspergers. i went to mental health place 2 years ago because i got transferred from the private to the public health department, and the first thing i got asked about was if i was autistic or had aspergers. we took the test, i scored too low for it to count and then 1.5 years later, boom, it was schizophrenia+borderline all along.

but you can manipulate your way around it, knowing what to say, dressing up "fixations" ( - sure she's obsessed with disney, but nothing about her obsessions screams autism, especially when she's asked abt obscure facts or anything beyond mainstream, she just seems like the run-of-mill crazy fan that refuses to grow up) and taking on behaviors as you learn about them. 

"socially awkward", no it's just that nobody likes you for being a dick to them.

also aspergers is big time one of the first diagnosis' that gets stacked on the moment you're perceived weird. just looking at her childhood and what we know, it's horseshit. i don't trust anything she fucking says.

Edited by snowfake
lol

Posted (edited)

Eh testing isn't so easy to fake your way through. Most doctors can who can actually diagnose adult women and actually are willing to do it can recognize it before tests begin when you do your entrance interview. These processes for diagnosing asd take a LOT of time. It took over a year for me to even get into a clinic to be tested. Maybe that part is easier in Japan. Furthermore, diagnosis isn't just them asking you questions. I personally took a few questionnaires, did a lot of activities like connect the dots, finding similarities between things, word comprehension, an IQ test, a huge general test that shows how likely it could be something else or not (or to at least to look at potential comorbidities), and more. They required my parents to fill out a lot of info about me as a kid and another for me as an adult. 

My little brother got diagnosed a year later and it was actually a lot faster for him he said because it's so much easier to see in typical males. 

Again I worry she will use it as an excuse, but I doubt that she is lying about it, or somehow was intelligent enough to manipulate her way through that many tests. 

Edited by pilea
Typo

Posted

I believe her. she fits many of the criteria she listed, but most people diagnosed with something will not fit all symptoms. only strange thing she mentioned is her so called sensitivity to crowds/noises etc, which she says she has but still somehow manages to go to Disney land 50 times a week? mkay. and also curious HOW she was diagnosed? cause there is no way she would ever be able to be diagnosed using Japanese.