• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10412 posts in this topic

Posted

I do commend her for this video. Not many influencers/YouTubers would be this open about medical diagnosis. I do, however, wished she’d stop calling or referring to herself as “crazy”. While talking about how she uses self-stimming, she said she rarely picks at her knuckle hairs in public to not appear like a “crazy person”. Idk, it just seems like really harmful language to use especially when considering others on the spectrum.

Posted

I usually just lurk here (and I don’t rlly keep up with this thread) but I have ASD as do most of my family and her video kinda hit close to home. A lot of her behaviour makes a lot of sense now. She explained how some of her scandals came from autistic misunderstandings, eg, she said that when someone asked if she painted one of her stolen paintings, she said she did because she literally painted it and she didn’t understand that they were asking if she designed it. 

I don’t really know all the ins and outs of Kenna and all her scandals and so on, but I do genuinely think her rudeness was her not understanding where the line was. I understand that when people with ASD try to explain why they did certain things it can come across as a silly way of solving all their problems to someone without ASD. 

She seems really happy and confident about her diagnosis, which is great. Hopefully now she understands herself, her relationships with others will start to improve and she can find coping strategies to help her live a better, healthier lifestyle. 

Posted

Okay, this new video is something else, and I can’t believe I’m saying this but...she has inspired me. I’ve put off getting an autism screening, going as far as to set an appointment and bailing since it scares me. But if Kenna can do it, so can I. 

I related and understood many things she has said in the video and having done my own research can better grip what are autistic traits, stims, etc. (not to a pro degree, of course.)

And as a gullible and forgiving person, when she mentions at the end she is not doing it for attention, etc, I kinda believe her. Like how can she possibly make autism an aesthetic? If she does, freak, Future me will be angry and betrayed yet again. But also I feel she’s genuine.  

Though I do feel bad as well if I ever spoke ill of her phases/obsessions because highkey, I can summarize my life by that, intense interests for certain things and endlessly obsess over it. And her only eating at a select few places/ordering same junk. I’m kinda a die hard eater of the same thing over and over and over again. (I’m not gonna list off more or else it’ll get even longer.)

I don’t know whether to see her fully in a new light, since I can understand her better, but also I’m not excusing her past stuff. It’s strange. Part of me knows I can’t fault her for certain things but I’ve known other professionally diagnosed aspies who don’t let their behavior and diagnosis be an excuse to be a butt.

Posted (edited)

I am someone who is diagnosed with both Asperger’s and Borderline personality disorder, I am shocked and not shocked at the same time. For example her overreaction several months back over canceled plans, I feel really upset when a friend cancels plans and tend to overreact internally, so I can understand why she posted a story like that on impulse. (It’s hard for people with autism to accept changed plans) It also kinda explains why she has such a lack of social self awareness, even when PULL points out her mistakes, there’s still no self evaluation. But I also notice she doesn’t seem to have any qualms around loud/crowded areas. However it could explain her aversion to healthy food/vegetables, and constantly eating of the foods she’s used to like pancakes. Many of my friends on the spectrum can only eat certain foods, and often eat the same ones over and over. I can also see why she did so poorly in school her whole life, when you have executive function issues with attention and stuff, before I was diagnosed I did poorly in school before I had a proper support system and changed to private school. I think maybe it was also just a suggestion and not a diagnosis that she has aspergers. But who knows.

Sorry to be that person who questions someone’s autism diagnosis ... but if she truly gets sensory overload then how does she deal with the constant flashing lights, loud noises, and frenetic movements at Disneyland?  I’m not autistic but even I find Disneyland to be overwhelming. How is it possible for her to cope when she’s there? 

To be fair, each autistic person is different. Different things can be different triggers. Disneyland doesn’t bother me, but other sounds do. So maybe there’s particular sounds that are a trigger to her, such as the sound of a crying baby or a screeching train, but disneyland music she’s comfortable with.

Edited by CoconutMacaron

Posted (edited)

Her possibly being on the spectrum has indeed been brought up a handful of times. Sometimes just because of her empathy issues (which isn't the giveaway for diagnosis and often asd folk just have "misplaced" empathy). Sometimes with seemingly more astutely observed reasons. But happily no one outright tried to diagnose her with it, as we shouldn't have. 

Edited by pilea

Posted

Dont have anything to say about autism since I know nothing about it but good god woman, that weird orange blush has to go, please, you would look so much better without it

Posted

Sorry for the rant. Kenna has just never proven to be an honest person, or a good person.

to be fair, she does reference and show parts of the document with her diagnosis/suggested diagnosis. It seems to me like it is a valid record of her evaluation. Let’s all just hope that it wasn’t faked/altered/misrepresented, but I can’t see Kenna doing anything like that with a topic of this severity.

Posted (edited)

uhhhhhh the new vid is here

56906CB3-8D61-426B-8BAE-D63B3FFE543D.jpeg

Cloud tube link didn't work so I just went to youtube directly and I don't really feel bad for doing it since hey things like this are important. 

Now I'm on the spectrum  with my diagnous being PDD-NOS (Aka Atypical autism) I don't have exactly what she has but I figure hey might as well talk about it. Though I should point out we're on two different parts of the specturm and I also have ADHD( common for people with Autism to also have),and Dyslexia so we'll be different. 

First off it's pretty brave for her to be able to admit to her audience. While more people are accepting of those on the Austic spectrum these days it's still likely to get you bullied and harassed. Hell if you ever go to lolcow you see it though at this point I'm pretty numb to their use of it and most people online using it as an insult. 

Second off she still should admit to shit she has pulled. 

Third off,I wonder how Tokyo's exams and tests differ from America's? Did she take an English verison or a Japanese one? It's interesting and more details would make an interesting video. 

Now for Some of the things she says 

- Sensitive eyes (2:36): I have sensitive eyes but tbh I don't fully know if it's PDD-HOS or due to other issues in my family's health background thing. 

- Sensitive to Sound (Starts at 3:02) : That's something I 100% have and her story definitely sounds like something that would of happened to me. I've never really felt like my ear drums would explode but being so uncomfortable with how loud it is you cry has happened to me many times as a kid too. 

- Touch sensitivities (Starts at 3:40):  Also something that effects me. Chances are that's why we see her wear some of her clothes more often than others. 

- Taste Sensitivities (Starts around 4:03):  Mine is more texture sensitivity than taste but also believable. I doubt me and her having a sweet tooth is related to autism automatically but the fact Kenna often goes for familiar foods makes 1000% more sense now. I still don't fully understand the water part but then again I can't eat mashed potatoes at all so it's not that unbelievable to me now. 

- getting misdiagnosed & panic attacks & overloads (5:00 ish): Getting misdiagnosed is Super common specially if the therapist doesn't commonly deal with things.  Overloads are common though I wouldn't be surprised if it was a mix of panic attacks and Overloads. 

- taking things literally (6:00): I don't always do this unless it's phrases I don't really know. I can't help but feel she is going for a cop out with the painting thing. 

- Masking (7:00ish): I know this as copping mechanisms,adapting, and other terms besides this. But yeah it's legit and one of the reasons people can get misdiagnosed.  And towards 10:55 she calls it a cooping mechanism so chances are she was told multiple terms too. 

- Repetitive behaviors (10:59): I'm not sure if having the same order counts here or in taste sensitives. But I know stimming and Kenna's behaviors do sound like stims. Tbh her being surprised Screaming counts as a vocal stim makes me lean a lot more to her telling the truth.  Also remember how she always went to that one door in Disneyland (or which ever is in California)? Yep that easily could count. 

- Special obsessive interests ( 13:23): Also sounds right. She does seem to be all diseny and has a love of harry potter. 

I sort of trailed off after she stopped talking about the things and I need to go shower so I'll wrap it up by saying it's believable she has it but it's not an excuse for things she does. What she does now with the info is the important thing. 

Edited by CareyAisha
making a thing more clear

Posted

I’m surprised anime wasn’t mentioned when she kept talking about her favorite things for a long time like the examples she gave: Disney, autumn, Harry Potter, nature and blah blah. Also, can someone please download this video in case she deletes it? I feel like she will delete or private this video one day.

Posted

uhhhhhh the new vid is here

56906CB3-8D61-426B-8BAE-D63B3FFE543D.jpeg

well this explains a lot

it must have been hard for her to move to and to live in japan wow. i have a bit more respect for her

Posted

Havent finished the video yet but I'll leave this here

Screenshot_20190808-234306_YouTube.jpg

Posted

Screenshot_20190808-194449_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190808-194024_Instagram.thu