• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10341 posts in this topic

Posted

hey guys, i was wondering, kenna is not going back to school? she is no longer trying to learn japanese? ps: i don't know if i am the only one but i cannot down vote? i mean, the button doesn't appear, pls help! 

The language program she was attending already ended and she hasn’t said anything about going back to school. She claims to still be studying and learning Japanese on her own, though.

Posted

hey guys, i was wondering, kenna is not going back to school? she is no longer trying to learn japanese? ps: i don't know if i am the only one but i cannot down vote? i mean, the button doesn't appear, pls help! 

Kenna is no longer studying Japanese as far as we all know. It seems that her course was only 6 months, as her friend from class is no longer studying either. We presume she is moving onto an entertainment visa. As she said she was 'studying' the other day I would assume she's at least pretending to be keeping up with learning Japanese, though I doubt that considering she's in a gaijin bubble and too busy learning to adapt a new aesthetic every three months. 

And yeah, downvotes are disabled. There's an announcement about it at the top of the webpage, under "recent changes to PULL"

Posted (edited)

Kenna is no longer studying Japanese as far as we all know. It seems that her course was only 6 months, as her friend from class is no longer studying either. We presume she is moving onto an entertainment visa. As she said she was 'studying' the other day I would assume she's at least pretending to be keeping up with learning Japanese, though I doubt that considering she's in a gaijin bubble and too busy learning to adapt a new aesthetic every three months. 

And yeah, downvotes are disabled. There's an announcement about it at the top of the webpage, under "recent changes to PULL"

You need to be signed to a company and prove monthly earnings of at least 300,000 yen a month to have an entertainer's visa...I have a really hard time believing Kenna, with her look, is able to pull in constant magazine or TV appearances to warrant that kind of visa and Youtube wouldn't count as there's no reason to be in Japan for that....would be curious to see if she pulled a Sharla and basically conned immigration but this Youtuber abusing visas to stay here when they don't belong really needs to stop.

Regardless if she is no longer in school then it ended in May, that's when the terms end. So her student visa is long over and she'd have to have applied for a new visa about 3 months after arriving since most work visas take up to three months and entertainment ones (long term) can take even longer.

taken from expatistan, I do not know how accurate it is but Tokyo is known to be expensive

idk_man.thumb.png.b1c74a6de08b4ae5b5568b

and as others have pointed out, this doesn't even include her blowing money on Disney passes and random junk she'll lose interest for in a month

But why are you pulling prices for an 85 square foot FURNISHED place? Dude, everyone lives in a 1K (that's one room plus kitchen) around 19 to 25 square meters. You can find apts for $800 a month in the most central places in Tokyo. That chart is clearly made by people who've never lived here and are looking at serviced apartment prices which nobody would live in long term. I've also never seen a 45 square meter studio....lol. This chart is clearly made by someone who has never stepped foot in a Japanese apt.

Edited by daydreamcarnival

Posted

I just don't understand how someone can be so chill about losing a pet. I lost my cat when she was 18 and to this day I will tear up when I think of her. Honestly though, Kenna just is very cold and self absorbed. I remember when her bunny was sick didn't she let the bunny suffer because she didn't want to have her put to sleep? (Yes, still behind. I get caught up and then she acts bitchy so the thread grows, I get busy and fall behind)

Posted

I just don't understand how someone can be so chill about losing a pet. I lost my cat when she was 18 and to this day I will tear up when I think of her. Honestly though, Kenna just is very cold and self absorbed. I remember when her bunny was sick didn't she let the bunny suffer because she didn't want to have her put to sleep? (Yes, still behind. I get caught up and then she acts bitchy so the thread grows, I get busy and fall behind)

playing devils advocate here, when my pets died i pushed it to the back of my head and act like i was fine in public. with kenna's habit of trying to appear neutral, that's probably what she did  

Posted

Anyone else remember how she bought a shirt specifically for a Rapunzel Disney look because her hair was perfect for it. (Dark brown,  straight from all the damage) and then she went and dyed it again? Lmao

Posted (edited)

I think that's very much a possibility, especially when you see how she treats her family and friends, so I'd say it's highly likely you're on the mark about it. However, people handle deaths in different ways, and I myself don't really cry much in general, even when pets or relatives die, I take it out in anger towards everyone around me instead, because that's how I grieve. She could just be grieving differently, like instead of crying feeling dull and numb, or angry and anxious. But who knows anymore because she's created such a fake persona and isn't her real self.

Edited by CoconutMacaron

Posted

So I was bored and decided to type up her old username in Face and I encounter an early video of hers. She looks so different! 

Posted

She posted a poll on her instastory asking if people wanted a q&a video or a pros and cons of a Japan video.

The next story was her bitching about people who said "do both" and she was going to do both eventually, she just needed to know what to do next.

She barely deleted them as I went to take screenshots.  D:

Why don't you go with the majority vote instead of whining?

Posted

So I was bored and decided to type up her old username in Face and I encounter an early video of hers. She looks so different! 

she actually looks so youthful and babyfaced here??? She looks so aged in her photos now. Granted probably like 5-6 years has passed but thats like still, 17-23 at most. Girl needs to start taking care of herself.

Posted

I watched her newest video yesterday and I have to admit it looked great! I loved the clothing as well actually, but I'd rather wish it was done with thrifted clothing. However this is a step in the right direction.

She looked happy enough making the video, she sounded clear and knowledgeable about the styles and the whole vibe was good. I liked the background and I liked that she went to interesting locations for the outfit shots. She has a good eye for detail, she should do something about it.

Posted

If Kenna would have stayed in Japanese school she probably could have done some kind of study video like those study accounts where people show their organized and aesthetically pleasing ways of taking notes. It could have killed two birds with one stone, making a pretty video and helping her in school. Shame. 

Posted

Anyone else remember how she bought a shirt specifically for a Rapunzel Disney look because her hair was perfect for it. (Dark brown,  straight from all the damage) and then she went and dyed it again? Lmao

she didn’t even use it for that probably or at all, how unsurprising, another thing kenna said she’d do but never went through with it 🙄

Posted

Twas watching the office last night and one of character kept talking about how she is so petite and smol. She also compared herself to a chipmunk. Reminded me of a certain kendra.(also has the same style as grandma Kenny)