• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10341 posts in this topic

Posted

I genuinely can't understand her plans for the future. This youtube thing is already beginning to die and the fact of the matter is one day she won't be so young and cute-sy where she can make a profit off of her instagram feed. She's also a one trick pony, it's not like she has a personality that she can use to make vlogs in the future; people only follow her youtube for aesthetic shit. Once she's 30+ years old,  teenagers/young adults aren't going to go to her for inspiration. If she really is into poetry and reading like she says she is I think it would be really cool for her to teach English in Japan. Shit, as a white and female American you get paid more teaching English overseas , and it would allow her to be in a country she claims to love. But like... I can't picture her going to college to study English Education/Teaching of English for four years on top of the year she plans to dedicate to learning Japanese. Most of all I can't see her teaching considering it's a thankless job and requires a lot of dedication and planning. Idk her situation gives me major anxiety.

Posted

Okay finally caught up to this thread. Took me months to get caught up. But I really am curious what she's going to do her whole year in Japan. I mean I get the first week just settling in and all, sure but is she really going to go out and explore or is she going to stay in her little bubble? I'm a homebody myself but when I go on vacation I go out! And I'm antisocial as can be too. But if you get the chance to go somewhere else live it up! I mean Japan has so much to offer! My dream is to someday go see the shrines all over Japan, visit onsens, and look into the history of some of the major events of certain eras. But hey, that's just me. 

Posted

I genuinely can't understand her plans for the future. This youtube thing is already beginning to die and the fact of the matter is one day she won't be so young and cute-sy where she can make a profit off of her instagram feed. She's also a one trick pony, it's not like she has a personality that she can use to make vlogs in the future; people only follow her youtube for aesthetic shit. Once she's 30+ years old,  teenagers/young adults aren't going to go to her for inspiration. If she really is into poetry and reading like she says she is I think it would be really cool for her to teach English in Japan. Shit, as a white and female American you get paid more teaching English overseas , and it would allow her to be in a country she claims to love. But like... I can't picture her going to college to study English Education/Teaching of English for four years on top of the year she plans to dedicate to learning Japanese. Most of all I can't see her teaching considering it's a thankless job and requires a lot of dedication and planning. Idk her situation gives me major anxiety.

the thing is, these jet interviews to teach english in japan are really tough. one of my friends has been trying for three years and she always gets rejected. it's not even based on japanese language skills, but more about personality and what motivation you have to do it? her older sister is doing jet and has been teaching in japan for several years already, but that still doesn't help with my friend getting in. i doubt that they're gonna want kenna who has zero motivations for anything and can't even pretend to care about anyone other than herself.

Posted

her nose is literally the most elusive thing i've ever seen, it's different in every single photo except for the candids lmao sis has had more noses than i've had hot dinners

000.thumb.jpg.5d561ad3cbbb8884f1591e1e91

Wow! How is that even possible! It almost seems if she's had a nose job but I guess using apps to "enhance" your beauty is like one :D

Posted

her nose is literally the most elusive thing i've ever seen, it's different in every single photo except for the candids lmao sis has had more noses than i've had hot dinners

000.thumb.jpg.5d561ad3cbbb8884f1591e1e91

I don't understand why she doesn't just embrace her natural nose shape. It's not even big or anything, people wouldn't have even said a word about it if she wasn't trying so hard to hide it/make it look smaller than it really is. It suits her face shape a lot better than her fake smol uwu fairy princess edit one.

Posted (edited)

I agree! Tutoring Japanese students in English is probably worth a try (and would look great on a resume) but sis can barely write an IG post without at least 5 grammartical errors. SHE needs an English tutor.

Honestly, Kenna is stuck unless she gets over herself and attempts a degree program (won't happen) or somehow becomes a model (also won't happen if she keeps walking around in that awful corset and brown leather jacket). Really, her only option is maybe working in a cafe (yes, just like in the animes) but even that falls under needing to get over herself.

Edited by Bitch Ass Sparkle
Grammar. Can't @ Kenna for hers then have missing commas in my post @ing her.

Posted

the picture the posted w/ the caption about sunsets and falling in love would b so much nicer if her head wasn't in the way of the view.. scenery images are okay to post if you want to write about how you appreciate them 

Posted

Petite is usually for people five three or shorter so can still be a little long if you are below that height (from personal experience), still though I am noticably below avarage height and always have been and come from a line of "freakishly short people" who magically all wear and have worn jeans, when you live your life this height you adapt, doing turn ups on trousers isn't hard and the rest of us just get on with it, honestly if you are that skinny and smol kenna just go to the teens section, those are shorter. She is missing out on a chance to brag about how smol she is there, oh I am so smol I have kids jeans, I am so smol I have to alter my clothes to be smol uwu. Does she think there is no other short people in the world or does she think none of us wear trousers? Because news flash, we do and its not that special.

Totally agree, I don't know how she can use "I'm too short" as an excuse to not wear pants, especially considering she used to wear them all the time. I'm 5 feet tall and I just buy cropped jeans from the juniors section, easy peasy. She just wants to wear dresses 24/7 but as usual has to lie about it for whatever reason?? I'm starting to think she just enjoys making things harder for herself.

Posted

You guys.....what if she gets a job at Tokyo Disney?! Not as a princess obvs bc she's so smol and hella tatted but like as a character like she was here at Disneyland Anaheim? 

I can see her getting the job and loving it bc all the kawaii girls come up to her, but who knows maybe she will be irritated she can't speak the language...

Either way, that's the only job I could ever see her having. Then she could make content about how TDL differs from DLA, cast member deets, whatever. 

I really wish she would do something interesting ugh.

Posted (edited)

You guys.....what if she gets a job at Tokyo Disney?! Not as a princess obvs bc she's so smol and hella tatted but like as a character like she was here at Disneyland Anaheim? 

I can see her getting the job and loving it bc all the kawaii girls come up to her, but who knows maybe she will be irritated she can't speak the language...

Either way, that's the only job I could ever see her having. Then she could make content about how TDL differs from DLA, cast member deets, whatever. 

I really wish she would do something interesting ugh.

She honestly CAN do this and I don’t know why she didn’t in the first place. Disney does exchange programmes where you can go and work at a foreign Disney for a year. I get emails about it all the time. I’m fairly sure that as long as you are under 25, you’re eligible. 

It is essentially a paid holiday. All you need to do is pass two interview rounds in your home country and then they give you a job at Disney. A girl I know from high school is doing it this year, so I can’t imagine it’s too hard to be accepted. 

It would be both an excuse for her to be in Japan, and be at Disney all the time. And she wouldn’t even have to pretend to be interested in learning the language. Easy year abroad.

Edited by Wont let me use Cyrillic

Posted

She honestly CAN do this and I don’t know why she didn’t in the first place. Disney does exchange programmes where you can go and work at a foreign Disney for a year. I get emails about it all the time. I’m fairly sure that as long as you are under 25, you’re eligible. 

It is essentially a paid holiday. All you need to do is pass two interview rounds in your home country and then they give you a job at Disney. A girl I know from high school is doing it this year, so I can’t imagine it’s too hard to be accepted. 

It would be both an excuse for her to be in Japan, and be at Disney all the time. And she wouldn’t even have to pretend to be interested in learning the language. Easy year abroad.

Didn't she use to work for Disney? Or am I misremebering? 

Posted (edited)

Didn't she use to work for Disney? Or am I misremebering? 

yep! A while back. She was a friend of Donald, and maybe Pinocchio too which explains some of her attachment to him/her tattoo of him iirc

Edited by pilea
wording

Posted

Kenna VS the LGBT community in a nutshell
japanesebrainexplosion.thumb.png.f0b40de

Good question. Maybe she thinks it would be too exhausting as compared to just going to language school where attendance is all that matters (based on what others have said in this thread)?