• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 5]

10341 posts in this topic

Posted

So much wisdom. Confucius could NEVER.

IMG_20190110_132021.jpg

Just as black isn't part of the colour spectrum, neither is ace part of the lgbt+ spectrum 

I respect asexuals and I don't want to invalidate anybody but as someone who comes from a middle eastern background and is part of the lgbt+ community, she can't keep insisting that the shit I have to worry about is the same as hers, it's just not the same 

Posted

Yes, Kenna is facing so much discrimination as an aro/ace individual because she totally is out there interacting with people enough that they say insulting things to her face. 

Who is this girl kidding? She spends her entire day taking pictures of herself and editing them to shit. I swear to god she just reads stuff on the internet and pretends that she experienced those things :darth:

Posted (edited)

Kinda OT but like I'm really surprised with all of Kennas r/thathappened-esque posts and bragging, she's never done "storytime" videos about them, it would be perfect for her tbh, just her sitting in front of a camera and talking about how amazing she is and how so many strangers agree~~

she’d never be able to look directly at the camera because she’d only be spitting out big fat lies.

B6D4E32C-7E71-4282-820D-E69063838706.thu

Edited by Teabii

Posted (edited)

Not trying to detail too much but I seen this comment and like??? I thought it was lesbian and bi women who were the most sexually assaulted people no? Ya know because straight men can't deal with women not being attracted to them? Idk seems like fake news to me.(and I'm someone who's all for aces being in our community but like don't try to make it seem you have it worse that people who are killed daily just because of who they love)

_20190110_100203.thumb.JPG.3aa03ab5bc03e

You’re completely correct. According to the CDC, 61% of bisexual women and 44% of lesbian women face sexual assault, compared to 35% of straight women. There are no statistics online about sexual assault in the asexual community, partly due to unawareness, and partly due to the fact that there simply aren’t enough asexuals (especially over the age of 20) to do a legitimate survey. Either way, I sincerely doubt the rate of assault among asexuals is higher than 61%. Basically, this person pulled this “statistic” out of their ass to make asexuals seem more oppressed than bisexuals and lesbians, which is disgusting.

Also, apologies for no spoiler and for not providing links, I promise one day I’ll learn how to use this site on mobile. :alpacaworry2:

Edited by xena

Posted (edited)

Yes, Kenna is facing so much discrimination as an aro/ace individual because she totally is out there interacting with people enough that they say insulting things to her face. 

Who is this girl kidding? She spends her entire day taking pictures of herself and editing them to shit. I swear to god she just reads stuff on the internet and pretends that she experienced those things :darth:

has she been ever shouted+being thrown things at while walking down the street because she was alone

No? Then she can try doing that while holding hands with another girl like I and other bi/lesbian/gay people did and experience it maybe, then she can write things like that on insta 

:alpacabored:

Edit: I’m not throwing all aces under the bus I just can’t stand Kenna 

Edited by PlanetVenus
Sorry for the rant

Posted

I think Kenna just needs to feel oppressed in some way and took the identity that would be the least amount of work for her to fake. 

how will she ever feel oppressed? I do know that she likes to say that she is due to being aro/ace, pale, POC, PETITE, tiny, (plus-size??)

but to me if I were to ever see her I wouldn’t ever guess she’s aro/ace and would never assume if she’s dating or likes sex, who in their right mind ever thinks that? Only fools who have not grown up at all real adults don’t even care what you do under the sheets... 

I probably would immediately be able to tell that she is a weeb due to the makeup. The only way she would really feel oppressed is if some Japanese person says something to her(I only say this because a family member of mine never listens to family, but let a friend or non-family and they take it to heart)

Posted

how will she ever feel oppressed? I do know that she likes to say that she is due to being aro/ace, pale, POC, PETITE, tiny, (plus-size??)

but to me if I were to ever see her I wouldn’t ever guess she’s aro/ace and would never assume if she’s dating or likes sex, who in their right mind ever thinks that? Only fools who have not grown up at all real adults don’t even care what you do under the sheets... 

I probably would immediately be able to tell that she is a weeb due to the makeup. The only way she would really feel oppressed is if some Japanese person says something to her(I only say this because a family member of mine never listens to family, but let a friend or non-family and they take it to heart)

That's why she pushes the aro-ace thing in everyone's face. She's BEGGING for someone to be like "ew you're aro-ace scum" or something of that nature so she can "clap-back" and feel like she's not actually an incredibly privileged, white (or white-passing, if we want to get into the semantics of the Turkish identity) woman that really has faced no hardships or struggles in her life. 

Posted (edited)

why do privileged white people wanna be oppressed soo bad......

Thinking about it, maybe K has really bad self-esteem issues. She always seems to be exaggerating and lying about herself to make her seem oh so extra spechul. "Look how smol, popular, poor, oppressed, unique, quirky i am!!!!" Like if you have to keep reminding people, you probably arent... 

There's nothing wrong with being grateful for the things you have or sharing your insecurities about being taller than you'd like or thanking your family for funding your move to a foreign country. Why does she have to make such huge deals about it all? Why does she have to act like she's been oppressed? Why does she have to constantly remind people that she's so special and unique? She seems like she really needs to be working on how she feels about herself and not what others think.

Edited by Ne
spelling

Posted

"lost respect"? I'm pretty sure Kenna never had any respect for the lgbt community.., y'all remember "we're all just sex-loving assholes?" I do. 

Looking forward to what she has to say in Pride month this year not

I like how she talks like the LGBT community (which just as a side note also includes a lot of straight trans people *gasp*) is some sort of hive mind and because some people make valid and not even hateful arguments that aces don't fit in there the same way other minorities do, she now has an excuse to be disrespectful towards the community as a whole.

I wonder if she will lose respect for Japanese people once she figures out that most of them won't consider half-Turkish white girls basically an essential part of the Asian community? xD